Back

Aug 3, 2017
still no full translation of version 1.06? i could only find the version 1.04 fully translated, any news people?
There were no full English translation to either version, and given its age it's unlikely that will change.

Darkness-Crimson

Feb 24, 2018
There were no full English translation to either version, and given its age it's unlikely that will change.
so far i found a version 1.04 that haven't let me down, i'm playing version 1.06 and when i find something in japanese, i save then, i copy the save, and paste in my version 1.04 english, and load the save there, and play the event in english now,(usually i make another save after that and go back same process) so far this 1.04 version haven't let me down and even the menu is in english. which i didn't find any version like it. maybe post the link will make it go down, but let's hope people will just appreciate the full english version. the link isn't my and i'm no responsible for the translation, i'm just sharing the link. it's my second post so sorry for any mistakes made and my grammar (english isn't my first language).
( )

Darkness-Crimson

Feb 24, 2018

in this wikia, in Nelpura section, the guy says if you have sex with nelpura several times she gives you a item, after trying a lot i can't be sure if i got the item i check first two cities shops, but i'm not sure which item is, anyone ever got that said mysterious item?

Jag

Jul 18, 2017
can i get a save?
Here's a save with a completed gallery. The file Save1.rvdata goes in the same folder as the game.exe file. It will overwrite the save in your first slot unless you change the number in the save to something else (eg. save2.rvdata).

Something to note is that no scenes in the gallery are translated. So if you don't know Japanese, it's not much different from looking at the images in the folder at \graphics\pictures.

Another thing you may notice is that the far left scene in the lefthand gallery room does not get shown and instead says something like "defeat in the prison". This scene is actually filed in the defeat section of the righthand gallery and is the farthest right scene (the one that looks like a tower). I do not know why this scene is set up like that, but it appears to be intentional.

Ark Thompson

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2016
As someone who worked with him, I'd like to add a few things to avoid confusion and makes things clear about Butakoma.

I saw that. He probably can't make money off it since DLsite wouldn't approve. So if its a just a passion project for him, heck, it'll probably take another ten years! :O
Vitamin Quest came out in early 2012, so its been 7 years so far with no update.
Circle Butakoma 300g isn't a game making circle only. Since 2012 they released 4 CG sets (Vitamin Gai FN in January 2013, Otonari Vitamin Osananajimi in October 2013, a remake of his first Kinshin Vitamin called Kinshin Vitamin Ha 2 in February 2014 and Jingai Vitamin 4 in December 2014) as well as a whole game for free (Drop Factory which latest version was released in March 2014). So technically they haven't produced anything paying since December 2014. Except that instead, they post from time to time CGs for free on their blogs. They're not as big as the paying ones, but they're free. They usually alternate between those and previews from Vitamin Quest 2.

I don't know where you got that information, but that's not what I heard. I heard it was removed from DLsite altogether due to STD and abortion fetishes in the game.
Nor do I think he's a cool dude. He seems kind of flaky and lazy, especially when you read his blog regarding updates on VQ2. He seems unmotivated, perhaps a NEET.
That information is totally wrong. DLsite is a Japanese site, they accept everything as long as it comes from a Japanese (if the creator isn't Japanese, that's another story :x). Best proof being his Jingai Vitamin 4 set where the succubus has sex with people having STDs (which have no effects on her since she's a succubus) and where there's a part about abortion at the end of the set. And the set is still there even after a bit more than 4 years.

No, the real reason the game got removed from DLsite is because he simply asked for it. Back in 2016 he did explain on his blog that VQ had made most of its sales and that has planning to release for free stuff on DLsite that wasn't selling enough to him. You can find 3 CG set on his blog that he also removed from DLsite and are accessible for free (The original CGs about Touhou, the original Kinshin Vitamin he made a remake of as well as a set focused on the Wild Arms serie.) About a whole month before removing the game from DLsite he wrote a post asking people to stop buying VQ on DLsite since it was going to be removed (and DLsite isn't steam, once the game is removed, you don't have it accessible in your history to download it again). The game got removed from DLsite. He took some time to tweak a few things and after some time he offered it for free on his blog.

Now I think the reason Butakoma is so slow is exactly because he's NOT a NEET. I don't know him enough so it's all speculation, but I think he has a real work on the side. Which explains two things: Why VQ2 is so slow and also, why he could afford to sell VQ this low. Let's face it. The game was 756 yens. Knowing that DLsite takes 58% of the total price, he earned roughly 320 yen per copy (roughly $3). Many people with game far from being that complete ask easily for twice that price. But that's mainly because those people do that for a living (or are scammers in some cases but that's another story :x).

Paradoxically I find him VERY motivated. Just because he takes more than 4 years to make VQ 2 doesn't mean he's slacking off. Here's an example for people who are unaware of what he's making:

In Vitamin Quest, you had battle animations of Mikami (the heroine). You had a few for basic pose fight but the good part was for fucking enemies. Usually one consensual, and one non-con. Imagine the picture. You have 10 enemies in the game. You need to make 20 animations (10 cons and 10 non-cons) + all the battle animations. BUT she can be pregnant so all animations have preggo variations (which raise things to 40 animations) AND she can or can't wear her "armor" (bikini). That double things up again. In total, for 10 enemies, you end up with 80 animations. That was VQ.

Now VQ2. Imagine the exact same setting. 10 enemies and 2 animations per enemis (there could be more, I don't know about the skills that will be available in the game). VQ 2 retains the whole preggo/Bikini variation. So we're already up to 80. BUT! This time there's a loli Mikami planned. So ALL those animations must have a loli version. Which makes them 160. Knowing that his animations are between 5 and 10 frame per animation. That's already almost 1,500 pics just for battle animations.

Oh! And of course, let's not forget the succubi from VQ which will be playable in fights too in VQ2. They're 3! And all of three will have interactions with enemies too! (don't remember if they'll have naked/preggo variations though).

Last time he talked about the combat pics, he said he was over 1,700 pics done. And those are just the fighting pics. I'm not even talking about the event CGs.

So no, he's not lazy, he's just very motivated (creating all those variations just so that people can choose whatever they prefer is awesome).

I just wanted to explain things clearly to give him some justice. He's making VQ2 alone and even if he's a bit depressed by the time he takes (though he recently mailed me and what depresses him the most isn't that but the fact he started the game on VX Ace because it was the best back then and when he sees what MV does, it kinda kills him he can't transfert the project on a more recent engine) he will release it. And when he'll do, it's gonna be awesome. I'm sure of it :)

Its too bad this game was taken off the DLsite store. I would have LOVED to have given money to this developer.
If you want to support Butakoma, you can do so by buying one or several of his CG sets on DLsite. This way you can support him and even discover other things he did :)

I'm sorry about the long post, but since Butakoma is the only circle I can talk for (at least, on subjects I know), I found it important to give people a global overview that are not hearsays. Thank to those willing to support him. This guy is one of the most generous in the hentai community in Japan :D

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Thank-you, @Ark Thompson! That reconfirms almost everything that I've heard or read or thought about the guy before. Good on you for standing up for him! Since I've never worked with him, I couldn't personally vouch for Butakoma the way you did. Again, thank you for presenting your information down like that. I knew that dude was cool, or as you've put it "one of the most generous in the hentai community".

I was troubled by two of Rastafoo's responses here. Fortunately, the conversation was civil, but it was obvious that a discussion regarding the game's creator was needed as the vibe in the thread seemed to have soured a little after Rastafoo's posts. I'm glad that the misrepresentation and misinformation of Butakoma from that user was corrected. Ark's post about Butakoma was very informative and I hope that puts the matter to rest, or at least allows Rastafoo to reevaluate his or her opinion about Vitamin Quest's creator. Please understand, I'm not saying that Rastafoo's posts here were intended to be malicious, it was what s/he had heard and that person's rightful opinion. Anyone can make a mistake. All I'm saying is that I'm glad that the record is straight again regarding Butakoma. And I'll say it again, Butakoma is a cool dude. ;]

Edit: Completely removed the spoiler paragraph.

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
Bruh I'm right here.

And I don't see any evidence for claims that Butakoma is a saint.

Damn @Back, do you honestly just believe whatever you hear? That's just sad man.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Damn @Back, do you honestly just believe whatever you hear? That's just sad man.
No, I don't. Regarding the post about Butakoma, I've stated "that reconfirms almost everything that I've heard or read or thought about the guy before." I've come to my conclusion of Butakoma after reading through many posts and threads and testimonials from other users from among multiple sources from throughout the years. Several others have expressed the same in this very thread. I might get something wrong here and there as I try to recall some obscure fact--who doesn't?--but my overall impression of Butakoma has not changed in all that time.

If you believe we're all off our rockers, then sway us to your line of thinking regarding the work's creator, @Rastafoo. It's been a long time since I've been actively looking for information around Butakoma's work. Thus, I will freely admit that it will be difficult for me to find all those posts in various discussions all around the web on why I perceive Butakoma the way I do; nor, do I have the inclination to do so. Despite that, you just saw yet another Zoner seeing Butakoma like I do. You disagree on our viewpoints in regards to the creator of Vitamin Quest, and that's okay; but the burden now lies on you to persuade other users including myself on why we're wrong. I've also briefly looked into your earlier claims and found no evidence that supports them. In fact, Ark's post refutes some of it; such as, why this game was removed from DL. Granted, you are entitled to your opinion of Butakoma and that's fine; however, the tone on how you are expressing that to others is, honestly, close to the line of being not okay. Be cool, Rastafoo; we're all fellow enthusiasts here. :) Regardless of your view of Butakoma, you've certainly enjoyed his work--"a 9/10 but so close to [a] ten!" Glad you had a good time with the game; that's awesome! Many of us like it too! ;)

If you want to discuss the game or the author, then that's cool. Ask questions about the game or show us evidence on why you don't believe Butakoma is how other users have portrayed him here. Convince us. Just be cool and don't disparage other Zoners; we're all here to have fun! :cool: Lol, perhaps I need to go back and revisit this game myself since I haven't played it in years! Anyway, Rastafoo and other Zoners, have fun and be awesome to one another! :D

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
oww so no sex and stuff just a handjob ? you sure ?
I'm 80% sure.

I never got the scene, but the person who gave me my full save did, and told me it was NOT SEX.

Also the creator of the game makes clear with disclaimers multiple times all throughout, that the MC does not like incest and that its impossible to have sex with her offspring.

Minipax84

Sep 26, 2017
I'm 80% sure.

I never got the scene, but the person who gave me my full save did, and told me it was NOT SEX.

Also the creator of the game makes clear with disclaimers multiple times all throughout, that the MC does not like incest and that its impossible to have sex with her offspring.
Seems like a strange place to draw the line after being knocked up by a dog.

Reactions: ThunderZoo

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
Seems like a strange place to draw the line after being knocked up by a dog.
Well the entire point of the game is to breed a new race of elves, so it would be extra fucked up to give birth to kids then have sex with them :p

But hey, whatever, maybe there'll be more incest in the sequel

Reactions: Minipax84

artusennix

Apr 7, 2019
i can't even download it the hell it kepps popping up as an internet explorer file and my computer refuses to accept those

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes