Fluxcarnal

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
I haven't played this for a long while now and when clicking the Journal I get the attached trace log from the exception.
Wild guessing that it's because of my old save.
Does anyone have a save at the end of 2.0 (I think it was when I played last, save date March 14 2021)
That won't work either I'm afraid, you'll need a 0.3.x save.
Things have been changed and added and the areas are not presented linearly, so even if you could continue from an old save there'd be stuff you'd then miss.
But access to the new areas are available pretty early on as well, so you could quickly jump to new stuff anyway with a new save.

Reactions: t727

t727

Jan 4, 2018
I'm awfully sorry, I'll cut down on the content too ;)
Nooo! Don't cut down on content :p What I meant is that ... well I'm in dire need of a guide or some sorts.
I recall reading one last go I had at this game, can't seem to find it now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

[Edit]
Found the guide now on ze Discord

Last edited:
Reactions: Fluxcarnal

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
I'm awfully sorry, I'll cut down on the content too ;)
I'd say that probably the largest portion of the time I've spent playing the game has been trying to get RNG events to fire. This last run I couldn't get discovery of the ruins with the rod in duskvale, the run before that insects never showed up in the market in silverdew, I've never found the windmill. I would certainly approve of a task that would say... eat up an entire day but guarantee you found a new location, once you've run out of available new locations to discover the task would no longer be able to be undertaken. Which would at least solve "I know X is here but RNG won't let me get to it".

Fluxcarnal

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
I'd say that probably the largest portion of the time I've spent playing the game has been trying to get RNG events to fire. This last run I couldn't get discovery of the ruins with the rod in duskvale, the run before that insects never showed up in the market in silverdew, I've never found the windmill. I would certainly approve of a task that would say... eat up an entire day but guarantee you found a new location, once you've run out of available new locations to discover the task would no longer be able to be undertaken. Which would at least solve "I know X is here but RNG won't let me get to it".
Except there's not any of those things that is dependent on RNG.

One of them is needed for a quest and readily available by following directions gained by reading what people tell you. There are even several ways to find it if people feel creative.

The next is a special event for passing a certain milestone. Not needed for anything, and just an event for playing a bit and revisiting a place so something new and exciting happens. It's an extra bonus.

The last one is part of a punishment for doing certain things. If you don't do them, you don't get punished, simple as that.

Just going into the game knowing there is something somewhere and then just keep trying to bruteforce it won't work ever. If people want to see the pics they can just go do that, they're right there in the game files. If they want to play the game that is not just going from A to B and pressing ctrl all the way through until the fun bits are there, then they might miss some things. That's how it works.

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
Except there's not any of those things that is dependent on RNG.

One of them is needed for a quest and readily available by following directions gained by reading what people tell you. There are even several ways to find it if people feel creative.

The next is a special event for passing a certain milestone. Not needed for anything, and just an event for playing a bit and revisiting a place so something new and exciting happens. It's an extra bonus.

The last one is part of a punishment for doing certain things. If you don't do them, you don't get punished, simple as that.

Just going into the game knowing there is something somewhere and then just keep trying to bruteforce it won't work ever. If people want to see the pics they can just go do that, they're right there in the game files. If they want to play the game that is not just going from A to B and pressing ctrl all the way through until the fun bits are there, then they might miss some things. That's how it works.
For the windmill, fair enough.

For finding the rod okay, but you keep killing my saves in which I had already invested time following the story. How many times do YOU read the same book in a year? No clue what trigger I'm missing on this run, I've given the ghost back her head, guided the professor to the stone circle and heard about the rod/ruins, convinced the vampire to defeat the dragon, released the demon in the basement, chatted up everyone available ad nauseam.

Fluxcarnal

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
Fluxcarnal Really enjoying the game so far since I ported it to Android. One of the few I've found hard to put down even when I think I've found everything. Looking forward to becoming more depraved with your future updates.
Glad to hear that you're enjoying it!

And thanks a lot for the port, a lot of people got very happy when I told them someone had done an Android version :)

Reactions: t727

Testin10

Sep 10, 2021
I am sure this is not a 100% save but id say its about 95% complete. Been trying to go around to do all the optional stuff for now, but try it out if you like and just want to ravage the npcs. Mostly all items unlocked, A lot of money to buy whatever you want, and i think all the outfits available are also unlocked as far as i know.

paste in >appdata/roaming/RenPy/game folder
I think you missed Noumene unless she goes somewhere after she found what she's missing.

Fluxcarnal

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
Is there a mobile version I can play?
My compressed unofficial Android port of Vixen's tail Duskvale v0.3.2
Usual gestures, save name/delete etc etc
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run
Mega

Another 0.3.2 version I made with a small number of cheats accessible from the quick menu
Recommended to only use when you've played through and just wanna have fun.
Mega

• Red Heart
Reactions: Which32Life32
4.10 star(s) 32 Votes