zxcvtr

Jun 25, 2017
1631026445407.png

I did it, come to think of it, were we even supposed to have this scene availabile? I couldn't find it while I played this version normally.

Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
View attachment 1392675

I did it, come to think of it, were we even supposed to have this scene availabile? I couldn't find it while I played this version normally.
You will get that scene on the side quest when you talked to Arthrus in the hive.
Normally that scene replay should set your cloth condition back to 100, but it doesn't so it's looking for the "naked" variation, which obviously doesn't exist. Thanks for the report.

ashutar

Jul 20, 2020
Thank you for the screenshot, could you upload the crash file it create as well?
That speeds up the bug fixing process a lot.
Faced the same error when going to the districts at the station (right after the first mission), the error also got out when starting the game - in the main menu. There was no reaction to pressing F5.

dazzlesp31

Jan 6, 2018
The game is nice, graphics are good, and H content is really H, I like it. But the game becomes really boring, trying to fight the soldiers of the embassy again and again and again...

Please, put a difficulty graduation, or so, so each time you loose against them become weaker, or a difficult level select at the menu, cose this way is like playing " Groundhog Day " all time

Samuel Borges

Mar 6, 2019
still waiting for the spanish version :3

PD: What a great development this game has, I wish I could understand the plot better.

NoTraceOfLuck

Apr 20, 2018
The game is nice, graphics are good, and H content is really H, I like it. But the game becomes really boring, trying to fight the soldiers of the embassy again and again and again...

Please, put a difficulty graduation, or so, so each time you loose against them become weaker, or a difficult level select at the menu, cose this way is like playing " Groundhog Day " all time
Definitely want this. I hate pretty much everything about RPGM, so the less time spent running around and fighting shit, the better.

The art in this is AWESOME, more time for art, less time doing RPGM bullshit :)

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Faced the same error when going to the districts at the station (right after the first mission), the error also got out when starting the game - in the main menu. There was no reaction to pressing F5.
Please try to update your graphics driver, this crash message basically indicates one of 2 things.

Couple of questions:
What's your graphics card?
Do you have WebGL support?
You can check it here:

1. The graphics card driver has issues rendering certain aspects.
2. The graphics card is too weak to run the game.
If you are playing on a laptop, or a system that has an onboard graphics card, please ensure that RPG Maker MV is using the right graphics card when it's running.

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017

Definitely want this. I hate pretty much everything about RPGM, so the less time spent running around and fighting shit, the better.

The art in this is AWESOME, more time for art, less time doing RPGM bullshit :)
Hey, thanks for the feedback.
Each area is designed so you can avoid every fight apart of the boss fight, including knocking them out from behind.
Obviously we need to develop the game that everyone can enjoy different aspects of it and not everyone enjoys the same elements.

We will work on making it less "Groundhog Day", or possibly even so players can reduce the amount of enemies walking around.
The combat and gameplay aspect is still under a good amount of work.
Please let us know in a future update if it got better or not.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: abiroyon

qazad

Dec 30, 2017
I encountered an error trying to go down the dungeon on the forest planet.
No matter what option i choose, game crashes.
2021-09-08 22_31_18-VoidBound Beta 0.4d.png 2021-09-08 22_32_13-VoidBound Beta 0.4d.png 1631133307779.png

Sologor

Nov 13, 2020
Tried the game and I really loved the art but actual gameplay was a nightmare. Here's my experience (note that I've played and beaten plenty of rpgs in my life so I'm quite familiar with the "mechanics")

All my grief comes from fights, the only real problem with the game. I have called it quits with the 2 blondies boss fights.

- The order of fights is way too inconsistent and almost always enemies can get 2 full turns before I can do anything. I understand making something a bit more dynamic but why are all enemies so bloody fast compared to MC?

- All enemies seem vastly overpowered compared to MC, they cover half the map and attack from 4 tiles away with restraining pincers and the like while MC can cover 5 squares and be completely out of stamina for that turn meaning no attack/item.

- MC is nowhere near capable of sustaining more than 1 fight without having to recharge 15 energy points at the time when a simple attack costs 10 and the burst is 30. That would not be a problem if...

- MC is weak AF. Even with the strongest muzzle I can craft on gun, I pretty much tickle enemies and my attacks miss 75% of the time with the LASER SIGHT mod crafted and equipped (yes really), MC is somewhat of a trained soldier btw......

- Secondary weapon is really good but the ammo economy makes it a non choice unless you're facing a boss. Turret is a mandatory deploy in each fight and pray it doesn't get destroyed or you're done for.

I REALLY loved the art and the story so far but the game needs a major balance pass. The fights are really not fun for me, so much I dropped it at the second boss, sorry....

qazad

Dec 30, 2017
Tried the game and I really loved the art but actual gameplay was a nightmare. Here's my experience (note that I've played and beaten plenty of rpgs in my life so I'm quite familiar with the "mechanics")

All my grief comes from fights, the only real problem with the game. I have called it quits with the 2 blondies boss fights.

- The order of fights is way too inconsistent and almost always enemies can get 2 full turns before I can do anything. I understand making something a bit more dynamic but why are all enemies so bloody fast compared to MC?

- All enemies seem vastly overpowered compared to MC, they cover half the map and attack from 4 tiles away with restraining pincers and the like while MC can cover 5 squares and be completely out of stamina for that turn meaning no attack/item.

- MC is nowhere near capable of sustaining more than 1 fight without having to recharge 15 energy points at the time when a simple attack costs 10 and the burst is 30. That would not be a problem if...

- MC is weak AF. Even with the strongest muzzle I can craft on gun, I pretty much tickle enemies and my attacks miss 75% of the time with the LASER SIGHT mod crafted and equipped (yes really), MC is somewhat of a trained soldier btw......

- Secondary weapon is really good but the ammo economy makes it a non choice unless you're facing a boss. Turret is a mandatory deploy in each fight and pray it doesn't get destroyed or you're done for.

I REALLY loved the art and the story so far but the game needs a major balance pass. The fights are really not fun for me, so much I dropped it at the second boss, sorry....
Fights can be hard, but not unbeatable.
Since theres no exp, it all comes down to if you can win efficiently enough to gain more than you consume.
Unecessary battles is a waste of time.

Some things I've noticed:
Weight affects how quickly your turn comes up (not really explained as far as i could tell).
If you use less than 50 AP (40-45 for example) you only have to wait half a turn (50 instead of 100).
Most enemies only move on one axis when they move and many have limited melee range, this can be abused.
While enemies can move past one another, they cannot fire through eachother. If used carefully, you can use enemies as shields.

With this i made the following strategy:
Unequip secondary weapon, massive speed boost (but some issues vs some specific high defense enemies).
Each turn i normally do a combination of moving 1-2 squares and/or 1-2 single shots or a burst, then rest to regain 15 energy.
This will allow me to rest twice as often while slowly moving around and shooting (or whatever else i need).
I can often act 3-4 times between an enemy preparing a super attack and the attack going off.
I can allways go full 100 AP at the expense of skipping the next half-turn if needed.
Meditate heals 200 and takes 20 AP, so fits well with this strategy.
Heat wave attack (muzzle attachment) works well on vs bullet resistant enemies and cost only 10 AP but 50 energy. With the double rest, this is managable and i can allways move around or meditate when i need more energy.

If you find yourself close to the enemy:
Strip armor works well vs bullet resistant enemies and cost 35 AP, can be combo'ed with heatwave which do more damage at shorter range.
Hand to hand cost 25 AP and gives you a little energy, can be used situationally (one H2H + 20AP action is still under 50AP).
Moving so that your so that you're positioned 2 squares away from the enemy in both axis will mean most melee enemies cant hit you on their next turn (as long as your not nude).

Turret is a useful companion with good range, but expensive to replace if destroyed. Use it situationally.
Enemies will try to attack the mine as a foe and can be used as a distraction/meatshield, but is also expensive to replace.
Use grenades and vibroblades against bosses as you see fit. You have them, might as well use them.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017

Hey, sorry that you are having difficulty with the combat.
We are still heavily balancing the combat and it will get smoother in the future.

Weight/Recoil/Ergonomics will be explained in an upcoming update, where you can simple hover over the stat and it will pop up a little help window.

The higher your weight is the slower you will act in combat.
Enemies also have weight attached to them, if they have less weight than you, they will get their turn faster than you.
Same with, if you spend all your AP, then you get your turn even later.
I would recommend checking out the tutorial on the Setek ship, as that is explained in more detail there.

We do hope you plan to test out the game in the future again, once there is more content and the balancing on the combat is better.

Thanks for the feedback nonetheless.
Cheers!

Sologor

Nov 13, 2020
Yup, already followed the tutorial and I will totally pick up the game again as it shows great promise. Best of luck with it

spiciest meme l0rd

Jul 10, 2017
when i first get to henosis, what do i do? I can access both the commercial and pleasure districts, spaceport tells me to keep exploring, and embassy says i have no business there. doesnt appear to be anything i can do in the pleasure or commercial districts other than walk around on the street... am i missing something?

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes