Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
when i first get to henosis, what do i do? I can access both the commercial and pleasure districts, spaceport tells me to keep exploring, and embassy says i have no business there. doesnt appear to be anything i can do in the pleasure or commercial districts other than walk around on the street... am i missing something?
You have to go to the commercial and to the big building that is roughly in the middle.

Reactions: spiciest meme l0rd

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
And do what exactly? I've clicked on every door of every building and went back to try to focus more on buildings in the middle and I'm not seeing anything happening... sorry lol
Have you entered the big building in the commercial area and talked to Cava?
It's hard to tell, what you have already done on Henosis.
Because you might already have done that, and now need to go to the pleasure district and talk to Ovden at the Sleepless night.

qazad

Dec 30, 2017
And do what exactly? I've clicked on every door of every building and went back to try to focus more on buildings in the middle and I'm not seeing anything happening... sorry lol
Is this the door in question?
1631304370657.png
1631304359571.png
The building does look a little dull compared to the others, so i guess its easy to overlook it.

HelnKellr

Oct 21, 2019
I am in the embassy and I cant ind the chip. Could someone tell me where it is, or point me in the right direction?

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I am in the embassy and I cant ind the chip. Could someone tell me where it is, or point me in the right direction?
There are 2 ways, you can either go through the hallway, where the guards are positioned.
Or you can go over the break room to the north from the main hall.
Your goal is to reach the top left and interact with a console at the very end.

Reactions: HelnKellr

HelnKellr

Oct 21, 2019
There are 2 ways, you can either go through the hallway, where the guards are positioned.
Or you can go over the break room to the north from the main hall.
Your goal is to reach the top left and interact with a console at the very end.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I believe i have gone as far up as possible, but I cant seem to find any console to interact with.

There is the guard in the bed and the computer next to him with the green screen. I have tried interacting with that, but nothing happens.

I have interacted with everyting else in that room as far as i know as well. I have picked up a million medkits :ROFLMAO:

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply!

I believe i have gone as far up as possible, but I cant seem to find any console to interact with.

There is the guard in the bed and the computer next to him with the green screen. I have tried interacting with that, but nothing happens.

I have interacted with everyting else in that room as far as i know as well. I have picked up a million medkits :ROFLMAO:
No worries!
Did you pick up any explosives?

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I do! I have both loud and quiet versions. I have also been trying to see where i can use those lol
You can use them there, we plan to make it more obvious later on haha.
And if you haven't done that yet, make sure to check out the poster in the room.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I found the marking on the wall. I think i know what to do next. thank you for the very fast responses!

I am really liking the game so far btw. Keep up the great work!
Glad you found and you like it so far.
If you for example press F2 and you see "Canvas Mode" underneath the FPS Counter, please send me a direct message.
You might run into an issue later one that we are currently working on fixing.

GHS-GHS

Aug 29, 2020
Does this game have a gallery, and if so, how to access it? I'm on version 0.4d, I just passed the robot boss and now I'm in the city where the Urtu Embassy is.

HelnKellr

Oct 21, 2019
Fights can be hard, but not unbeatable.
Since theres no exp, it all comes down to if you can win efficiently enough to gain more than you consume.
Unecessary battles is a waste of time.

Some things I've noticed:
Weight affects how quickly your turn comes up (not really explained as far as i could tell).
If you use less than 50 AP (40-45 for example) you only have to wait half a turn (50 instead of 100).
Most enemies only move on one axis when they move and many have limited melee range, this can be abused.
While enemies can move past one another, they cannot fire through eachother. If used carefully, you can use enemies as shields.

With this i made the following strategy:
Unequip secondary weapon, massive speed boost (but some issues vs some specific high defense enemies).
Each turn i normally do a combination of moving 1-2 squares and/or 1-2 single shots or a burst, then rest to regain 15 energy.
This will allow me to rest twice as often while slowly moving around and shooting (or whatever else i need).
I can often act 3-4 times between an enemy preparing a super attack and the attack going off.
I can allways go full 100 AP at the expense of skipping the next half-turn if needed.
Meditate heals 200 and takes 20 AP, so fits well with this strategy.
Heat wave attack (muzzle attachment) works well on vs bullet resistant enemies and cost only 10 AP but 50 energy. With the double rest, this is managable and i can allways move around or meditate when i need more energy.

If you find yourself close to the enemy:
Strip armor works well vs bullet resistant enemies and cost 35 AP, can be combo'ed with heatwave which do more damage at shorter range.
Hand to hand cost 25 AP and gives you a little energy, can be used situationally (one H2H + 20AP action is still under 50AP).
Moving so that your so that you're positioned 2 squares away from the enemy in both axis will mean most melee enemies cant hit you on their next turn (as long as your not nude).

Turret is a useful companion with good range, but expensive to replace if destroyed. Use it situationally.
Enemies will try to attack the mine as a foe and can be used as a distraction/meatshield, but is also expensive to replace.
Use grenades and vibroblades against bosses as you see fit. You have them, might as well use them.
DUDE the light weight, low AP consuption tactic is 100% the way to go. the boss battles may be tedious and long AF, but this works so well on the embassy boss duo. I was considering giving up until a re-balance, but your suggestion encouraged me to try one more time and I beat them first try with this tactic. Thanks for sharing!

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Does this game have a gallery, and if so, how to access it? I'm on version 0.4d, I just passed the robot boss and now I'm in the city where the Urtu Embassy is.
When you arrive to Henosis the first time, you need to go to the commercial area, and enter the big building with 2 doors and talk to cava. He will tell you where you need to go next.
If you scroll up a little bit, "qazad" posted a picture with the building in question.

There is a gallery, you can't access it yet, you will gain access to it after you beat the current beta, later on you will be able to access it from the menu, just not yet.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I haven't played the latest update, but I did combat mostly by using the shotgun for it's ability to hit multiple targets.

The fact that the heroine can barely move across the grid doesn't really matter because she has a gun.
IIRC I usually take one step forwards and just aim that delayed attack at the square in front of the enemies. they run right into it 100% of the time. Then I spam the shotgun move that does an AOE and hits twice. Moving backwards so you remain outside of their maximum range and they walk right into your range at the start of their turn is a nice trick too, but you only have two tiles to retreat.

Getting more shotgun ammo is always a priority, but I rarely actually run out.

I did have trouble with the double bossfight though. It was a pain because they're far too mobile for me to zone them out like I do against the goons.

spiciest meme l0rd

Jul 10, 2017
Have you entered the big building in the commercial area and talked to Cava?
It's hard to tell, what you have already done on Henosis.
Because you might already have done that, and now need to go to the pleasure district and talk to Ovden at the Sleepless night.

Is this the door in question?
View attachment 1398049
View attachment 1398048
The building does look a little dull compared to the others, so i guess its easy to overlook it.

I figured it out, thanks. Yeah I definitely tried that building before, but only just now and trying it could I get it to work with much fiddling. It would only work when I would click on the rightmost door as circled in the picture, where I would walk up to it, and then, only after clicking on the left door did I walk to it slowly and enter it. Clicking on the left door first only walked me up to it, I have no idea why.

Anyway, thanks for the help, game is very cool so far.

GHS-GHS

Aug 29, 2020
When you arrive to Henosis the first time, you need to go to the commercial area, and enter the big building with 2 doors and talk to cava. He will tell you where you need to go next.
If you scroll up a little bit, "qazad" posted a picture with the building in question.

There is a gallery, you can't access it yet, you will gain access to it after you beat the current beta, later on you will be able to access it from the menu, just not yet.
Thanks, I will check :). This game is very cool.

Leo967

Jun 4, 2017
Combat is too difficult. And buggy. For the first boss, the security drones spawns after the boss is dead, the hall regular mobs takes too long to kill, had I would have to spent several hours gather supplies to kill the boss and win, simply cause only way to fight is to use gatling gun and then reload. Hall Patrol have what, 400-500 life, but my strongest attack Gatling, only does 125 damage. The boss is 3000 hp to 4000 hp. the whole encounter is too hard for a first boss. balance them out. Lower the HP, or get rid of the drone that spawn cause the dead boss still spawn them. Maybe, I don't know. Let us hit harder.

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes