BlindBigot

Sep 24, 2021
I think that prologue is the worst part of the game. It's pacing is shit, characters actions are unbelievably illogical and ouright stupid, narration is all over the place.
Also, voice is jarring, at least to me. Most likely because the "voice" consists of random inconsistent sound clips that don't fit each other.
It gets better after prologue ends.

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I think that prologue is the worst part of the game. It has pacing is shit, characters actions are unbelievably illogical and ouright stupid, narration is all over the place.
Also, voice is jarring, at least to me. Most likely because the "voice" consists of random inconsistent sound clips that don't fit each other.
It gets better after prologue ends.
You can disable the voice in the options.

May 20, 2019
I download this game like a year ago when it is still 0.1, play through the prologue, and kinda just left it on my drive for some reason.
Fast forward to now, I redownload 0.4.2 and replay it from start.

This is a really weird case of a game for me.
Normally I will know if a game is for me or not in the first half an hour, but this game...well...
It is set in a Sci-Fi future, it looks decent, has many custom textures and UI instead of the standard RPGM shit, and the combat is not just the standard template, everything is so very appetizing...
But the actual experience is...weird...and that is not only because the prologue slogs as the past couple of posts said.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Otherwise, this game is great, but that one thing kinda just stalls everything, literally.

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I download this game like a year ago when it is still 0.1, play through the prologue, and kinda just left it on my drive for some reason.
Fast forward to now, I redownload 0.4.2 and replay it from start.

This is a really weird case of a game for me.
Normally I will know if a game is for me or not in the first half an hour, but this game...well...
It is set in a Sci-Fi future, it looks decent, has many custom textures and UI instead of the standard RPGM shit, and the combat is not just the standard template, everything is so very appetizing...
But the actual experience is...weird...and that is not only because the prologue slogs as the past couple of posts said.

Otherwise, this game is great, but that one thing kinda just stalls everything, literally.
Hey, sorry that the animations are slowing the experience down for you.
Is it also an issue for you if you disable the animations from the options?
Because maybe the game is running in a slower mode due to the refresh rate or something like that.

I would love to look into this closer and possibly make adjustments to make it faster, because we haven't change the speed of the game since the 0.1 alpha, we actually halved the word count on the intro.

Reactions: Wehrmacht_Wichser

Yegie

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe I'm not getting something but the combat seems impossible? There's usually 3 enemies per screen and they seem to get 2 or even 3 turns before I get one? On top of that most enemies seem to be able to stun lock you preventing you from taking any actions. The first boss seems to be able to take multiple full volleys from a coil gun without dying? I went through all my health packs and still lost.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Maybe I'm not getting something but the combat seems impossible? There's usually 3 enemies per screen and they seem to get 2 or even 3 turns before I get one? On top of that most enemies seem to be able to stun lock you preventing you from taking any actions. The first boss seems to be able to take multiple full volleys from a coil gun without dying? I went through all my health packs and still lost.
Hey, I'm not sure if you have modified your weapons or played the tutorial on the ship.
But you are able to take multiple actions in a turn depending on your AP. The speed at which you act is depending on how heavy your equipment is. Psi abilities can be used to buff yourself without you ending your turn, items such as turret/shield can help you during combat as well.

Secondary weapons like the SP-42 is the weapon that will do the most damage, but it will cost you ammunition, but is able to one to two shot normal enemies with the right skills.

In your inventory you can also use your mouse to hover over a status and it will give you a little toolltip about what it does.

As there is no leveling for the player, the only way to get stronger is to take advantage of the weapon modding and using the positioning on the field to your advantage.

Bosses are designed to be hard than normal enemies, so they require preparation, recommendation is to craft items to take them down.
In the robot dungeon there are also chests that will give you unique bullets that can be used for special skills from the SP-42.

Just to be sure, that you haven't loaded a save prior to the 0.4 update, because that will mean that the stats/buffs towards the player won't be applied.

Last edited:

JS94691

May 30, 2020
View attachment 916902

Overview:
The Earth is sucked into a war between alien species, and the heroine has to venture to worlds never before seen by mankind to find a way to stop it. The game is a sci-fi ero RPG with a focus on variety in combat mechanics. The character’s abilities will be determined by a wide variety of equipable weapons, psi amps, and support gear, and each combat area will have its own unique spin on battles.
Thread Updated: 2021-10-31
Release Date: 2021-10-31
Developer: Cursed Atelier - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.4.2 Beta Public
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Trailer:

Save files from previous versions are not compatible.

- Fixes the game freeze against the enemies on Xaide.

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -
Other: COMPRESSED

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 901769 View attachment 901770 View attachment 901771 View attachment 901772 View attachment 901773 View attachment 901774 View attachment 901775 View attachment 901777 View attachment 901778 View attachment 901779 View attachment 901780 View attachment 901781 View attachment 901782 View attachment 901783 View attachment 901784 View attachment 901785 View attachment 901786 View attachment 901787 View attachment 901788
What is nwjc.exe, payload.exe, nacl64.exe and, nacl_irt_x86_64.nexe for?

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I am asking because I have not seen it in other RPGM game files.
These files are from chromium and from NW.js.
I know that nwjc.exe, nacl64.exe and nacl_irt_x86_64 are from both chrome and nwjs, I will double check and investigate the other files for sure, thanks for the heads up already.
Scanners haven't picked up anything malicious so far.

Last edited:

JS94691

May 30, 2020
These files are from chromium, which is from NW.js.
I know that nwjc.exe and nacl_irt_x86_64 (Chromium) is from nwjs, I will double check and investigate the other files for sure, thanks for the heads up already.
These files are from chromium and from NW.js.
I know that nwjc.exe, nacl64.exe and nacl_irt_x86_64 are from both chrome and nwjs, I will double check and investigate the other files for sure, thanks for the heads up already.
Screenshot (1913).png
This is what the folder looks like for me

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
will the game be fin if I deleted any of them?
If you feel unsafe, feel free to delete them.
Most of it is from the development kit, I will make sure to exclude them for the next upload, thanks for the heads up.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I just like to save space if I can.
Did a bit more research as you got me worried.
We have accidently left a few files from the SDK in the root folder. It won't happen in the next upload.

"Payload.exe is used for generating key for verification."

My personal apologizes for the mistake on our end.

1636354439363.png 1636354420828.png

JS94691

May 30, 2020
If you feel unsafe, feel free to delete them.
Most of it is from the development kit, I will make sure to exclude them for the next upload, thanks for the heads up.
Also I think it would be nice if you put up downloads for old builds of the game.

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes