Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
You can change almost everything using mtool, but when using mtool with this game even when it's not doing anything the game will break after some time passed View attachment 2107185
Yeah I can see how that won't work that well with VoidBound as we have many custom plugins to change how MV works in general. I will see if I can make it compatible, but I will keep that as a low priority for now, thank you for notifying me about it though, greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Magical girl
Aug 11, 2018
I think there is a bug with the payment of some quest/scenes, the art modeling job didnt give me any money neither the love machines scenes. The quest where you deliver a letter from a guy in prison also didnt give me any reward. I think there was another quest that didnt give any money/reward but don't remeber which one

Magical girl

Sep 6, 2021
Thank you
f4s1k1n,帖子:9195675,成员:124863 said:
我认为崩溃是由 zths 使用 mtool 应用程序引起的
我正在使用 mtool 并且崩溃与图片中的相同(即使是相同的错误)
不使用 mtool 游戏运行良好
[/引用]

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I think there is a bug with the payment of some quest/scenes, the art modeling job didnt give me any money neither the love machines scenes. The quest where you deliver a letter from a guy in prison also didnt give me any reward. I think there was another quest that didnt give any money/reward but don't remeber which one
Thank you for the report, we will look into it!

TipTap

May 22, 2020
I'm liking this game, but honestly the combat really brings it down. There's practically no reward for it aside from money (which is not an issue when you get to the bar job), to the point I just started savescumming every time I was caught just because I grew bored, and the exploratory areas become tedious thanks to it. You rely so much on darkness that I can't tell if I'm missing something because I cannot see it, and no area has been as bad as the mushroom jungle. Flat ground looks like walls, I've no clue where the machete is because I have no idea what I can interact with and what I can't... I really want to like this game, but it's annoying to play. The bosses are also some absurd HP bullet sponge enemies, who take way more resources than they really should and often come in with attacks you just can't dodge, even if you end your turn with 80 AP left.
I really do not understand why anyone would make a boss who can race across the field, hit you for 300 damage, then his buddy comes along, and hits you for 400 damage. The only way to win that fight is by savescumming it and hoping they don't do those moves.
EDIT: As I was typing this, the two enemies I was referring to both did their half-map massive damage move, making it impossible to dodge at least one of them. I really hope you fix the combat and dungeons in the future, because it drags down an otherwise excellent game.

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I'm liking this game, but honestly the combat really brings it down. There's practically no reward for it aside from money (which is not an issue when you get to the bar job), to the point I just started savescumming every time I was caught just because I grew bored, and the exploratory areas become tedious thanks to it. You rely so much on darkness that I can't tell if I'm missing something because I cannot see it, and no area has been as bad as the mushroom jungle. Flat ground looks like walls, I've no clue where the machete is because I have no idea what I can interact with and what I can't... I really want to like this game, but it's annoying to play. The bosses are also some absurd HP bullet sponge enemies, who take way more resources than they really should and often come in with attacks you just can't dodge, even if you end your turn with 80 AP left.
I really do not understand why anyone would make a boss who can race across the field, hit you for 300 damage, then his buddy comes along, and hits you for 400 damage. The only way to win that fight is by savescumming it and hoping they don't do those moves.
EDIT: As I was typing this, the two enemies I was referring to both did their half-map massive damage move, making it impossible to dodge at least one of them. I really hope you fix the combat and dungeons in the future, because it drags down an otherwise excellent game.
Thank you very much for the feedback.
We are actively changing the combat with some of the changes already active in the current patreon version of the game, where we overhauled the AI of the Tripteen enemies as example. Currently we are working on the Embassy enemies and then the Xaide(Jungle area) enemies.

Towards the Items, we agree that they don't stand out enough from the ground, we are going to possibly add a glow effect around them or an icon that floats above items you can interact to help the issue, but we aren't fully decided yet on that. (Any ideas on that would be much appreciated)

If you are wondering about the changes we did to the combat you can read about them here:

We agree that our dungeons are relying too much on darkness currently and that is under review as we learned a lot about what we can do with the light textures and how to use them correctly which might have been noticed on the Henosis maps.
Internally we have discussed that we want to overhaul the dungeon maps in both visuals and gameplay, as that was something we did a while ago and we have learned a lot over the time.

We have started to work on charging abilities for enemies, which will make these over the map charges dodgeable and less punishing, because yes they are unfair and they worked well on an older combat balance stage but not the current one. Thankfully the game is still in developement so things like these are changing and will be adjusted, because the last thing we want is that the game is tedious to play.

Thank you once again for the feedback, if you have any ideas or suggestions on what you feel like could make the combat better or general gameplay, please don't hesitate to let us know!

TipTap

May 22, 2020
Thank you very much for the feedback.
We are actively changing the combat with some of the changes already active in the current patreon version of the game, where we overhauled the AI of the Tripteen enemies as example. Currently we are working on the Embassy enemies and then the Xaide(Jungle area) enemies.

Towards the Items, we agree that they don't stand out enough from the ground, we are going to possibly add a glow effect around them or an icon that floats above items you can interact to help the issue, but we aren't fully decided yet on that. (Any ideas on that would be much appreciated)

If you are wondering about the changes we did to the combat you can read about them here:

We agree that our dungeons are relying too much on darkness currently and that is under review as we learned a lot about what we can do with the light textures and how to use them correctly which might have been noticed on the Henosis maps.
Internally we have discussed that we want to overhaul the dungeon maps in both visuals and gameplay, as that was something we did a while ago and we have learned a lot over the time.

We have started to work on charging abilities for enemies, which will make these over the map charges dodgeable and less punishing, because yes they are unfair and they worked well on an older combat balance stage but not the current one. Thankfully the game is still in developement so things like these are changing and will be adjusted, because the last thing we want is that the game is tedious to play.

Thank you once again for the feedback, if you have any ideas or suggestions on what you feel like could make the combat better or general gameplay, please don't hesitate to let us know!
The biggest bit of advice I have to give is if the player cannot progress in an area, that needs to be made clear. I searched for a long while trying to figure out what to do in the mushroom jungle, until eventually finding the other half of the main quest on the planet, which there was no indication of when I was actually in the dungeon. Having items stand out more would've had me give up on those areas a lot sooner because I wouldn't be trying to interact with things that have no visible indication you can interact with them, but that sort of thing is just how the current game works. I gave up on the luggage quest specifically because of this; I had no idea where I was supposed to search, what I was supposed to search, and after who knows how long of mashing the button on everything I could think of on every screen (including the garbage down south) I just gave up because I couldn't figure out what the guy meant by "I tossed it in".

I did eventually get the machete and continue on with the main quest, but I honestly thought Pando was guaranteed to die just playing the game because every time I did that fight, the purifying shot would get a critical hit in either the first or second shot, and then he'd die before I could fire a third, so I ended up looking up your other replies in this thread to learn it's possible to save him. That would be my second piece of advice, if an attack is supposed to happen a certain amount of times, please disable the ability to give critical hits with that attack. If I hadn't seen your comments here, I would have thought saving him was impossible because I did it right multiple times, and still lost.

At the moment I'm stuck on the "memory game" part of the dream sequence. I've got no clue what to do, there's no indication appearing on the screen regardless of how long I wait, and I did try entering in the amount of coloured containers you see, but that didn't work either. Some kind of positive or negative feedback in areas like that would be appreciated because I have no idea what I'm doing right or wrong.

EDIT: Okay that is exactly what I'm talking about, I had no idea you could even interact with the panel to the right of the four buttons because it doesn't even look like a panel you can normally interact with, and there's no feedback that you need to activate the screen up top because the buttons still worked. I thought you needed to count out the individual containers in the room and input those numbers because nothing was happening and those containers share the same colours as the coloured buttons. I would love to play a future build of your game where these problems are fixed, because right now it sometimes feels like an exercise in frustration. The pacing of the machine is also off, Caly sometimes cannot run fast enough after getting a failure to catch the first symbol when it repeats because it starts at '1'.

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, I'm not sure if that whole sequence is just bugged or not. Sometimes it counts down, sometimes it just starts in the middle. Sometimes there's no audio for the symbols, sometimes there is, sometimes there's audio without the symbols, sometimes the countdown happens without audio, and it doesn't reset when you get it wrong, so I was continuously putting in the wrong sequences because it makes the countdown jingle after you get it wrong, then continues with symbols, but now it's playing them in the wrong order and you need to wait for the whole thing to end then start again with the messed up audio. I finally beat it after figuring that out.

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
The biggest bit of advice I have to give is if the player cannot progress in an area, that needs to be made clear. I searched for a long while trying to figure out what to do in the mushroom jungle, until eventually finding the other half of the main quest on the planet, which there was no indication of when I was actually in the dungeon. Having items stand out more would've had me give up on those areas a lot sooner because I wouldn't be trying to interact with things that have no visible indication you can interact with them, but that sort of thing is just how the current game works. I gave up on the luggage quest specifically because of this; I had no idea where I was supposed to search, what I was supposed to search, and after who knows how long of mashing the button on everything I could think of on every screen (including the garbage down south) I just gave up because I couldn't figure out what the guy meant by "I tossed it in".

I did eventually get the machete and continue on with the main quest, but I honestly thought Pando was guaranteed to die just playing the game because every time I did that fight, the purifying shot would get a critical hit in either the first or second shot, and then he'd die before I could fire a third, so I ended up looking up your other replies in this thread to learn it's possible to save him. That would be my second piece of advice, if an attack is supposed to happen a certain amount of times, please disable the ability to give critical hits with that attack. If I hadn't seen your comments here, I would have thought saving him was impossible because I did it right multiple times, and still lost.

At the moment I'm stuck on the "memory game" part of the dream sequence. I've got no clue what to do, there's no indication appearing on the screen regardless of how long I wait, and I did try entering in the amount of coloured containers you see, but that didn't work either. Some kind of positive or negative feedback in areas like that would be appreciated because I have no idea what I'm doing right or wrong.

EDIT: Okay that is exactly what I'm talking about, I had no idea you could even interact with the panel to the right of the four buttons because it doesn't even look like a panel you can normally interact with, and there's no feedback that you need to activate the screen up top because the buttons still worked. I thought you needed to count out the individual containers in the room and input those numbers because nothing was happening and those containers share the same colours as the coloured buttons. I would love to play a future build of your game where these problems are fixed, because right now it sometimes feels like an exercise in frustration. The pacing of the machine is also off, Caly sometimes cannot run fast enough after getting a failure to catch the first symbol when it repeats because it starts at '1'.

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, I'm not sure if that whole sequence is just bugged or not. Sometimes it counts down, sometimes it just starts in the middle. Sometimes there's no audio for the symbols, sometimes there is, sometimes there's audio without the symbols, sometimes the countdown happens without audio, and it doesn't reset when you get it wrong, so I was continuously putting in the wrong sequences because it makes the countdown jingle after you get it wrong, then continues with symbols, but now it's playing them in the wrong order and you need to wait for the whole thing to end then start again with the messed up audio. I finally beat it after figuring that out.
Thank you very much for replying in such detail and explain what the issues are that you are experiences.
We will work on those and make sure events are explain in a clearer matter and have objects you can interact with stand out more than the currently do.

Thank you for reporting that the purifying shot crits, because during the testing, that didn't happen, we will fix that right away.

On the memory game, yeah that sequence completely bugged out for you, sorry for the inconvenience on that, we are going to look into it why it doesn't properly reset, even though it should.

HentaiMaster 9000

Donor
Jul 2, 2017
can anyone help me with the mushroom jungle, i have no idea how to open the gate or move the boulder, ive been runing around for a hour, and im pretty sure thats all thats left.

edit: so i got the gate open, just needed to interact with it again since i already did the other things, there should be flags so you can just open the game if you already explored the whole map, still have no idea about the boulder

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BannedHeresy™

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
can anyone help me with the mushroom jungle, i have no idea how to open the gate or move the boulder, ive been runing around for a hour, and im pretty sure thats all thats left.

edit: so i got the gate open, just needed to interact with it again since i already did the other things, there should be flags so you can just open the game if you already explored the whole map, still have no idea about the boulder
For the boulder you will need to accept the quest line at the main Hive and go to the forest clearing first.
After that you can pas the area.

And yeah about the flags, we agree and, we are working on a quest log system so you can see the steps in a dungeon/quest line that you have already done or what is left to do.

HentaiMaster 9000

Donor
Jul 2, 2017
For the boulder you will need to accept the quest line at the main Hive and go to the forest clearing first.
After that you can pas the area.
thanks, but i forgot what the guy said, i started the quest the other day, and if the forest clearing is the first zone on the left then i really have no idea what to do.

edit: i have added my save to see if my save is bugged or i am actually missing something

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
thanks, but i forgot what the guy said, i started the quest the other day, and if the forest clearing is the first zone on the left then i really have no idea what to do.

edit: i have added my save to see if my save is bugged or i am actually missing something
Checked your save, and there is no bug there, you need to exit the dungeon and then click on the light on the far right side of the interactive map, that leads to the forest clearing. After that you can head back to the boulder and it should be gone.

We will make sure it's more clearer in the future.

HentaiMaster 9000

Donor
Jul 2, 2017
Checked your save, and there is no bug there, you need to exit the dungeon and then click on the light on the far right side of the interactive map, that leads to the forest clearing. After that you can head back to the boulder and it should be gone.
ah thanks, i tried to find anywhere else to go besides the dungeon, but couldnt find any

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Hail folks,

A quick update: After identifying some bugs in the build, a solution patch has been deployed.

Here is what's been changed/fixed:

• Fixed an unintended instance where Bleed debuff persists after the combat ends.
  • Meditate skill now cures bleeding as well.
  • Fixed a transfer issue in the mall elevator.
  • Fixed an issue where player is unable to return from the ship after the mind dungeon.
  • Fixed/Added payment rewards in a few quests that were initially missing.
  • Fixed overlapping Audio during the Tank H scene.

The patch has been uploaded in this thread as well and can be found in the opening post right under the header "DOWNLOAD PATCH UPDATE 0.5.1b". Simply unzip and overwrite your data and js folders in the game directory. Alternatively, you can head to our or posts and grab the fully patched game as well.

Inconvenience is deeply regretted and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Cursed-Atelier Team

fasteddie

Aug 19, 2016
VoidBound-0.5.1b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

Reactions: Shadowen

Jz

Dec 5, 2016
I'm stuck at this door here. I did the steam thing and wiring already. :S Any advise? 1666916846181.png

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes