Lumia

May 14, 2017
Stupid question, but did you double check the settings to see if BGM/SE etc. are set to any number other than 0?
Yes, I definitely checked that :LOL:.
So, am I correct in assuming that there should even be music on the title screen?

I thought at first that there was no sound at all yet except for the opening cinematic around earth, until I found the option to change the "music" in Caly's room...

Last edited:

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Okay, I've got to ask, because I'm sure I *must* be missing something at this point : how are you supposed to beat the boss in the robot dungeon ?

I can't go back to restock on supplies, my weapons are upgraded as much as I could and yet they hit like peashooters, while robots fly through the action bar hitting at least twice as many times as I do.

Are you supposed to auto-lose this battle ?

Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Perhaps an hour into the game, and it looks (and probably is) fantastic (I'm adoring the world design and FMC, kudos to the writer), but the combat system is exceptionally bad, even for an ero game :

1/ Who in their right mind designs guns that can only fire once per round (even if you own two and have extra action points to spare), and need to be reloaded after 4 single shots ? Also, where is my close-combat/melee weapon ?

2/ Robots keep zipping around the battlefield like they're skating on ice, moving from one side to the other, shooting and retreating back out of range right after, while the heroine can barely walk a couple of steps before huffing and puffing like an exhausted grandma.

3/ I know the game probably wants me to avoid the robots, but unless I'm mistaken they're also holding the loot I need to upgrade my gear, so that point is moot. With how unsatisfying the combat currently is, how about giving stealthy players alternatives to earn loot ?

TLDR: Keep the combat challenging, but *please* don't make it as unsatisfying as described above.
Thank you very much for the feedback.
Most of these issues have been addressed in 0.5.2 and we are going to continue to tweak and overhaul the system.

Currently there isn't a dedicated melee weapon but in the next version you can use hand to hand combat as many times as you want if you have the AP available.

Robots had their weight and speed overhauled and have a new behaviour A.I to combat what you just listed down.

There are later alternatives for you to earn materials and such in a different matter, but we will think about a way of adding a feature like that into the gameplay loop.

Thanks once again for the feedback!
Yes, I definitely checked that :LOL:.
So, am I correct in assuming that there should even be music on the title screen?

I thought at first that there was no sound at all yet except for the opening cinematic around earth, until I found the option to change the "music" in Caly's room...
Yes there should be background music during the title screen and the dialogues.
If you can, could you send us a direct message with specifications of your computure with your operating system so we can look into this issue?
Okay, I've got to ask, because I'm sure I *must* be missing something at this point : how are you supposed to beat the boss in the robot dungeon ?

I can't go back to restock on supplies, my weapons are upgraded as much as I could and yet they hit like peashooters, while robots fly through the action bar hitting at least twice as many times as I do.

Are you supposed to auto-lose this battle ?
The boss is a bit of a tricky one, he is beatable and not an auto loss, that is something I can guarantee.
Some people came up with some wild tactics to defeat him, for example unquiping the secondary weapon so they have a higher speed and using the PSI abilities to buff themselves constantly, while they do that, they also place down turrets and mines.

We can say that we aren't happy with the boss version in 0.5.1 and we have changed him and all the other tripteen enemies from the ground up in the next version.

Lumia

May 14, 2017
Yes there should be background music during the title screen and the dialogues.
If you can, could you send us a direct message with specifications of your computure with your operating system so we can look into this issue?
It doesn't look like I'm allowed to send private messages yet due to my lurking :geek:.
I've tested the same files on a different computer, it does seem to work perfectly there. On the not-working pc, it also boots up with a long delay, then with another delay showing just a black screen with the njws marker on the window... until finally showing your loading screen.
I really doubt it's a hardware issue, it's a very recent Dell laptop. There's pre-installed stuff on it though, I think the game is being blocked by a virus scanner or some sound optimizer program, and then doesn't load up properly.

But it works on the other PC. Good luck with developement, and I'm looking forward to the update. (and yes I promise to contribute once it feels more finished ^_^)

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
It doesn't look like I'm allowed to send private messages yet due to my lurking :geek:.
I've tested the same files on a different computer, it does seem to work perfectly there. On the not-working pc, it also boots up with a long delay, then with another delay showing just a black screen with the njws marker on the window... until finally showing your loading screen.
I really doubt it's a hardware issue, it's a very recent Dell laptop. There's pre-installed stuff on it though, I think the game is being blocked by a virus scanner or some sound optimizer program, and then doesn't load up properly.

But it works on the other PC. Good luck with developement, and I'm looking forward to the update. (and yes I promise to contribute once it feels more finished ^_^)
Glad it's running on the other system at least.
We will look into it, why some files might get blocked by the anti-virus.
Hope you will enjoy VoidBound!

anon1010

Jul 8, 2019
damn its really surprising to see how active the dev is on here hope some people tried the game and liked it enough to become a patron, seen some way worse games have a ridiculous amount of patrons and this game seems to be coming along really well.

waiting a while to play to see where all the updates take the game.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
damn its really surprising to see how active the dev is on here hope some people tried the game and liked it enough to become a patron, seen some way worse games have a ridiculous amount of patrons and this game seems to be coming along really well.

waiting a while to play to see where all the updates take the game.
We personally enjoy engaging with the community, because how can a project get better if you don't engage with positive or negative feedback or even just random ideas here and there, there is always something you can take from any kind of feedback and just keep on working on the product until it gets better and finished.

In the end, we know the game won't be for everyone and that is okay, but at least we can try to adjust elements/systems that are in the vision of the game and try to make it as accessible to as many people as we can.

Glad to know you are interested in the game, can't wait to hear what you think of it in a future version!

Reactions: anon1010

bikmek

Mar 19, 2019
sorry if i missed it in the changelog , but did you remove the gallery unlocker for the newest public build ?

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
any tips for playing it on maldives ? i can't set up the game on my phone.
We wish we could help, but we have started to look into making the game playable on phones or other platforms than windows.

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
i feel stupid but... what am i supposed to do in the first dungeon? i already went to the magma and the water pump area, now i have the sealed door and i have no idea what i should do. i already found 3 sets of panels, the door is still locked

is there a walkthrough?

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
i feel stupid but... what am i supposed to do in the first dungeon? i already went to the magma and the water pump area, now i have the sealed door and i have no idea what i should do

is there a walkthrough?
If the locked door is at the top, you will have to go to the steam room, where you need a repaired suit to enter.
I will put a screenshot in spoilers:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
i can't go to the magma anymore, cal says she doesn't want to

i've also already been to the steam area, now if i try to go back cal says she's done it already (and the game freezes)

EDIT: nevermind, i found the seventh panel and the door has been unlocked

Last edited:

neontiger

Aug 6, 2020
I'm almost sure I'm missing something here, but I ended up in the steam room and I swear I have clicked EVERYTHING and can't advance. Valves keep giving me thee message about finding out how the steam flows, and computer at bottom left keeps telling me maintenance mode is off.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I'm almost sure I'm missing something here, but I ended up in the steam room and I swear I have clicked EVERYTHING and can't advance. Valves keep giving me thee message about finding out how the steam flows, and computer at bottom left keeps telling me maintenance mode is off.
Can you post a screenshot?
I also recommend following the pipes and make sure there is a red glow on them that goes to the bottom left computer, you might have missed a broken pipe that connects the whole thing.

neontiger

Aug 6, 2020
Meant to say bottom right computer, but here's a screenshot. When I approach the only broken pipe I can, shee says the same thing about not touching anything until she can find out how the steam flows. 1667284297053.png

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes