Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I already passed the area when I posted.
I just opened a notepad document and wrote down the patterns to beat it. xD

With that said, looking at the difference between 100% and 150% on the overworld, if I had it at 100% I definitely would see the screen, but I never touched that setting so it was at 150% the entire time.
Yeah, the default value for that setting should be set to 100%, something might have gone wrong between the updates.
Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Reactions: Detective Cancer

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Yeah, the default value for that setting should be set to 100%, something might have gone wrong between the updates.
Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Not a big deal at all, I just tried it twice and decided to pull out my notepad.
I'm pretty jaded after seeing so many bleh projects artificially pad out stuff so it was rude of me to assume it was like that on purpose and not a bug or something dumb on my end. Thank you for being so active here and answering nearly all questions.

I do have a side question though, is there any chance of the game going on Steam?
Been weighing supporting the Patreon but if I can buy the game once to support it that'd be nicer in general even if it's an update behind it would automate my end of it updating (and remind me to play it again more frequently) but it'd also add another place for y'all to keep track of which can be a hassle as I've seen other devs struggle with that.
If not that's fine. Was curious though.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Not a big deal at all, I just tried it twice and decided to pull out my notepad.
I'm pretty jaded after seeing so many bleh projects artificially pad out stuff so it was rude of me to assume it was like that on purpose and not a bug or something dumb on my end. Thank you for being so active here and answering nearly all questions.

I do have a side question though, is there any chance of the game going on Steam?
Been weighing supporting the Patreon but if I can buy the game once to support it that'd be nicer in general even if it's an update behind it would automate my end of it updating (and remind me to play it again more frequently) but it'd also add another place for y'all to keep track of which can be a hassle as I've seen other devs struggle with that.
If not that's fine. Was curious though.
The game will get on steam/other platforms once it's finished, but not during the active development phase.
The main reason for that is, VoidBound is a game where the story is important and we don't feel like early access on steam would fit that theme. Currently the model on patreon is, if you pledge a total of 20$, may that be 4 times 5$, or 20$ in one go etc. You will get a key to steam/other stores once the development has finished.

Basically the game will go on the store pages, once the story is fully finished from start till finish.
Which afterwards we will either add more updates to it to give it more content or start a new project, or maybe even both, only the future will know that for sure though.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Detective Cancer

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
The game will get on steam/other platforms once it's finished, but not during the active development phase.
The main reason for that is, VoidBound is a game where the story is important and we don't feel like early access on steam would fit that theme. Currently the model on patreon is, if you pledge a total of 20$, may that be 4 times 5$, or 20$ in one go etc. You will get a key to steam/other stores once the development has finished.

Basically the game will go on the store pages, once the story is fully finished from start till finish.
Which afterwards we will either add more updates to it to give it more content or start a new project, or maybe even both, only the future will know that for sure though.
I see, I'll keep that in mind.
Thank you~

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
How the fuck did you beat the controller? I keep losing no matter how I try.

I gave up and end up save editor online and gave myself 12 AP and 2000 HP. Since damn controller on round one very first attack took out half my health. It was ridiculous trying to win the enemy got to move at least 2x more than you do and on first round hit for 500+ damage.

BTW where is the damn fix for the vending machine for water? Still broken after I did a search for it in this thread it was reported back in Nov.. I started playing today and it's still BROKEN!
The vending machine that sells the water works as intended, you might be interacting with the wrong machine. It's located in the same area as the NPCs that asks for it.

The boss doesn't have an attack that he can do in his first turn that would take that amount of damage in 0.5.2 anymore, please ensure you are playing on the latest version, if you do, please upload a save file so we can look into the issue.

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
The vending machine that sells the water works as intended, you might be interacting with the wrong machine. It's located in the same area as the NPCs that asks for it.

The boss doesn't have an attack that he can do in his first turn that would take that amount of damage in 0.5.2 anymore, please ensure you are playing on the latest version, if you do, please upload a save file so we can look into the issue.
OK seems I had the Public 5.0 release downloading the 5.2d release. I'll retry combat again with that release but for now I did a save edit and gave myself 2K HP and 8 AM points. I'll keep the save just in case and try the combat with normal stats with the old save.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
OK seems I had the Public 5.0 release downloading the 5.2d release. I'll retry combat again with that release but for now I did a save edit and gave myself 2K HP and 8 AM points. I'll keep the save just in case and try the combat with normal stats with the old save.
Yeah, I figured that might be the case, as we did completely change all the balancing in 0.5.2b.
Keep in mind that if you load that save from 0.5.0 as example, it will adjust the stats on the weapons as the balance on them as changed, the HP edits and such shouldn't cause any big issues, but I can't guarantee that.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Yeah, I figured that might be the case, as we did completely change all the balancing in 0.5.2b.
Keep in mind that if you load that save from 0.5.0 as example, it will adjust the stats on the weapons as the balance on them as changed, the HP edits and such shouldn't cause any big issues, but I can't guarantee that.
Yeah 0.5.2 I went back to the save before boss and wow.. the combat really improved.. able to do 3 actions in a single round coil gun armor break, pistol burst shot, and a hand to hand attack. 0.5.0 was just impossible without cheating so love the changes in combat. I did not think to look for later version as I had just downloaded it on 12/11 when I looked so I thought that was going to be the latest and it was my first time playing it since a very early release around 0.3.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Yeah 0.5.2 I went back to the save before boss and wow.. the combat really improved.. able to do 3 actions in a single round coil gun armor break, pistol burst shot, and a hand to hand attack. 0.5.0 was just impossible without cheating so love the changes in combat. I did not think to look for later version as I had just downloaded it on 12/11 when I looked so I thought that was going to be the latest and it was my first time playing it since a very early release around 0.3.
Glad that you like the combat changes, there are more to come as we are far from being done with it.

Reactions: molitar

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
This game took a steep step into being a piece of crap.

1. So the dream scene battle steals all your healing items and no way to get them back
2. A very shitty memory game I can't stand memory games hate them with a passion
3. After the crappy memory game that had me screaming.. nice bottle scene headed back and damn the bitch took me down in one round from 1250 health to fucking 550 health.. I hit with the gatling coil gun attack.. hit with burst attack.. next round hit hard again and dead!

Since that battle gave no fucking warning I am all the way back to the fucking beginning of the sewer.

Now add to this I need to fucking start over and play this shit again. NOOOOOO! Someone have a damn save I can't bring myself to start all over again since my save is fucking broken with incorrect values from being saved in Public 0.5.0.

Fix all major boss battles with a prompt to save! Also stop the shit with stealing ALL healing items and ammo items in the dream scene there was absolutely no damn reason for that except to force you to die in last battle.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
First off, let me start off by saying, "Thank you for taking the time to complete the game in its current offering and providing us your feedback". We appreciate you taking the time to write one and though we made peace with the reality that not everyone is going to like/agree with our vision, we always respected the fact that interacting with constructive criticism would be key to fine tuning and improving the game for our broader audience.

That being said, gentler words would go a long way in establishing positive communication as I see no reason to be angry towards an ever changing project that is under active development.

Now, underneath the strong words, you did go into details about what irked your immersion, so I'd be glad to address them one by one:

1. So the dream scene battle steals all your healing items and no way to get them back
As long as you keep your distance and utilize your equipment right- for example the shield that draws attention and takes the damage for you, then you are not in any danger of that boss stealing any items. Strategize with your inventory items in mind, and you'll have little trouble taking the boss down.

Additionally, at this point in game, you should have sizable stock of raw mats piled up to be able to craft plenty of Health Kits. If you weren't careful with your drops, buying from shops is also an option.

2. A very shitty memory game I can't stand memory games hate them with a passion
All we can say here is- To each, their own. The mini game is very small part of that one dungeon. It can't be helped if you don't like it.

3. After the crappy memory game that had me screaming.. nice bottle scene headed back and damn the bitch took me down in one round from 1250 health to fucking 550 health.. I hit with the gatling coil gun attack.. hit with burst attack.. next round hit hard again and dead!
Yes, the boss fight is a hard one if you don't utilize all your options. The game puts a lot of focus on where you are positioned, which tools you use etc. The same thing I said on the first point, applies to this as well.

In the end however, even if things turn worse and you can't defeat that boss, the game will still continue on as that dungeon is part of a running narrative, than a game play hurdle in the first place.

Now add to this I need to fucking start over and play this shit again. NOOOOOO! Someone have a damn save I can't bring myself to start all over again since my save is fucking broken with incorrect values from being saved in Public 0.5.0.
We discussed this in our discord server and were duly informed that we're currently working on a fix.

You claim here that you have to completely restart, despite the fact that I have informed you that you don't have to once the fix is live. I understand this is not what a player wants to hear when on a continuous roll, but unfortunately, and again I can't stress this fact enough,: Actively developing projects will have pain points.

=====
At this point, I probably don't have to say it, but I will just in case: VoidBound is a gameplay focused game. It's envisioned such, and it stands to reason that the combat system is going to be a bit more on the complicated side.

That said, the game is not finished. We are in the middle of development- some stuff works, some doesn't, some is balanced, some isn't yet.

Hopefully, you understand these limitations and will take the game out for a spin again once it's completed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beggarman

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
First off, let me start off by saying, "Thank you for taking the time to complete the game in its current offering and providing us your feedback". We appreciate you taking the time to write one and though we made peace with the reality that not everyone is going to like/agree with our vision, we always respected the fact that interacting with constructive criticism would be key to fine tuning and improving the game for our broader audience.

That being said, gentler words would go a long way in establishing positive communication as I see no reason to be angry towards an ever changing project that is under active development.

Now, underneath the strong words, you did go into details about what irked your immersion, so I'd be glad to address them one by one:

As long as you keep your distance and utilize your equipment right- for example the shield that draws attention and takes the damage for you, then you are not in any danger of that boss stealing any items. Strategize with your inventory items in mind, and you'll have little trouble taking the boss down.

Additionally, at this point in game, you should have sizable stock of raw mats piled up to be able to craft plenty of Health Kits. If you weren't careful with your drops, buying from shops is also an option.

All we can say here is- To each, their own. The mini game is very small part of that one dungeon. It can't be helped if you don't like it.
Sorry but after playing for more than 12 hours straight than to lose all items so you can't win the battle.. that was just a bit much and I was not a happy camper. So that made my words harsh but to lose all items.. a stolen item should only be 1 item at a time not all 6 of my trauma kits and than all 5 of my suit restores.

Just give a way to bypass the memory game I am over 50 now and my memory is not so good. never liked them when I was younger and still hate it now with a passion. It took me about 30 minutes to solve it and because of lack of auto save I did not expect to hit an impossible battle right after game was not saved.

boss fights need a warning message to save if it is going to be a hard fight as a reminder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cursed Atelier

pr83

May 5, 2017
Is the min sys requirements chart really accurate or just a preventative measure for people with really old rigs to not flood the thread with complaints and redundant reports?
I currently don't have a gpu and was wondering if I can run it somewhat pleasantly at all.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Is the min sys requirements chart really accurate or just a preventative measure for people with really old rigs to not flood the thread with complaints and redundant reports?
I currently don't have a gpu and was wondering if I can run it somewhat pleasantly at all.
Hello, you will need to have a GPU that is capable of WebGl, as all the systems are build on that.
We will try to make it work in the future, but at the current moment it's required.

The maps we have, while the first 2 areas might work, the others most likely won't, as we have moved away from the classic tileset and use mainly parallaxing for everything, they are quite big in terms of size and texturing.

Then you also have the UI and the lighting system that are also based on WebGL, which will cause issues if the GPU doesn't support it. Earlier the game was running on Canvas, which made it possible, but the performance wasn't near anywhere where it was good, so we opted to restruct it in WebGL, which gave a big jump in performance and stability.

You might be able to get it to run, if you disable a few things in the options, but it isn't recommended.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beggarman and pr83

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
Hello. Not sure if this is intended, but after interacting with the old style computer, there is nothing more to do in the room(as far as I know...went through it square by square). Not sure if this is a bug but you cannot leave the room the same way you came in...screen for further context
ps-I do have a save before entering soo no biggy if its a bug.
pps- The titty fuck cg in slums motel also bugs out after the first time(next time I click on lose, it gives its usual lines but no cg after that)

Last edited:

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Hello. Not sure if this is intended, but after interacting with the old style computer, there is nothing more to do in the room(as far as I know...went through it square by square). Not sure if this is a bug but you cannot leave the room the same way you came in...screen for further context
ps-I do have a save before entering soo no biggy if its a bug.
pps- The titty fuck cg in slums motel also bugs out after the first time(next time I click on lose, it gives its usual lines but no cg after that)
Thanks a lot for the reports, we will look into them!

For the PC, as a double check, you are in the quest line about the pharmacy, right? Or did you manage to get to that PC without the quest active?
Because normally, you would talk to an NPC who provides Caly with a key which allows her access inside that room, and even then you need an NPC further to open the waypath to the PC. But here I see all the NPCs missing which is very weird. By design you shouldn't be there on your own.
Very interested in finding more info. Could you also upload the save from before it so we can investigate further in detail? Thanks!

PS: Found the issue with the Poker, will be fixed in the next patch, thank you very much report it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.Jan Itor

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
Thanks a lot for the reports, we will look into them!

For the PC, as a double check, you are in the quest line about the pharmacy, right? Or did you manage to get to that PC without the quest active?
Because normally, you would talk to an NPC who provides Caly with a key which allows her access inside that room, and even then you need an NPC further to open the waypath to the PC. But here I see all the NPCs missing which is very weird. By design you shouldn't be there on your own.
Very interested in finding more info. Could you also upload the save from before it so we can investigate further in detail? Thanks!

PS: Found the issue with the Poker, will be fixed in the next patch, thank you very much report it!
Ok so first of, could not open the door the first time I walked upon it, then probably somewhere in between clicking on all possible npcs i picked up the said key, and could enter on my own. Here is the save, and will continue to search for bugs. I do have two questions: 1)more slums content when? :D (specifically regarding the motel)? 2) Will there be more sex interactions with npcs like the one near the motel(when he "tries" to rob you")?

ps-The current save is on the next planet in the plant maze, btw.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Ok so first of, could not open the door the first time I walked upon it, then probably somewhere in between clicking on all possible npcs i picked up the said key, and could enter on my own. Here is the save, and will continue to search for bugs. I do have two questions: 1)more slums content when? :D (specifically regarding the motel)? 2) Will there be more sex interactions with npcs like the one near the motel(when he "tries" to rob you")?

ps-The current save is on the next planet in the plant maze, btw.
Thank you for the information, we will look into it and let you know the moment we figured out the issue.
Towards you questions:
1) More Slum content is coming, can't tell you when exactly we will work on the motel specifcally, currently we are working on a bigger side quest that will have connection to the slum area.

2) Yes, there will more more sexual situation Caly will find herself in with all kinds of NPCs, we will work on expanding that after a few updates that are towards the story content.

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
Thank you for the information, we will look into it and let you know the moment we figured out the issue.
Towards you questions:
1) More Slum content is coming, can't tell you when exactly we will work on the motel specifcally, currently we are working on a bigger side quest that will have connection to the slum area.

2) Yes, there will more more sexual situation Caly will find herself in with all kinds of NPCs, we will work on expanding that after a few updates that are towards the story content.
Thank you for a quick response. I need one more piece of info: where do I go for the first bounty quest(after I talked to the quest giver in bounty hunter guild)...to tell you the truth I was in a hurry and skipped through the dialogue(wont do that until the journal feature is implemented)

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Thank you for a quick response. I need one more piece of info: where do I go for the first bounty quest(after I talked to the quest giver in bounty hunter guild)...to tell you the truth I was in a hurry and skipped through the dialogue(wont do that until the journal feature is implemented)
You can check the bounty information in your inventory for more information, but you need to do go to the slums and enter the longhouse, that is your target.
And please if you could, uploade a save when you are on Henosis, that would help a lot.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 21 Votes