Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
as explained before: briefly shown footsteps which players should memorize and then click those to advance on next click invisible footsteps and so on until reaches ship where kidnapped woman is held and each missclick meant that need to load save and start from beginning of that mission.
Now I am totally irritated. Briefly shown footsteps? I see the footsteps for many seconds, and I have enough time to click on them while they are still there. Like that, noch chance to miss any footsteps at all. May be you have an old version. When I start the game I get this screen to choose for minigames:
Forlan.jpg
Dev did some updates lately, which does proof that game is not abandoned at all - btw.

As I am said, I am not a fast clicker so I chosed the second option to have enough time and I do not need to hurry.
dunno if changed that on 2.0 (never played it) since there are many players here and steam who said that it's not possible to pass.
You never played 2.0 ?
But the ship scene ist only part of Ep.2, not Ep.1.
There seems to be a confusion about Episodes.
"Not possible to pass?" Never heard about that, and I also do not believe. My imagination is not enough how one can fail.
I put you a save with the entering the ship. So easy. pls try.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Now I am totally irritated. Briefly shown footsteps? I see the footsteps for many seconds, and I have enough time to click on them while they are still there.

You never played 2.0 ?
But the ship scene ist only part of Ep.2, not Ep.1.
There seems to be a confusion about Episodes.
"Not possible to pass?" Never heard about that, and I also do not believe. My imagination is not enough how one can fail.
I put you a save with the entering the ship. So easy. pls try.
version here those steps are shown to player and then those are gone and then needs to try to remember where each step was.

it is easy to fail when doesn't see where is supposed to click and needs to rely on screenshot.

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
version here
those steps are shown to player and then those are gone and then needs to try to remember where each step was.
it is easy to fail when doesn't see where is supposed to click and needs to rely on screenshot.
Ok, I see.
Version here for Ep.2 is 0.283
Actual version on Patreon and Steam for Ep.2 is 0.903
It is not the devs fault, that f95 has an unfinished version for download.

Btw. Ep.1 plus Ep.2 is called "Completed Version 1.0"
The Version I play shows "Version 1.0121"

Did you try with my save? (but I am not sure, if 0.283 and 0.903 are compatible. Hopefully it is).

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
didn't try, if new version ends here someday i'll see if that stupid sneaking was changed.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Dev is working on the continuation story:
(Looking so much forward)

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
didn't try, if new version ends here someday i'll see if that stupid sneaking was changed.
Does this mean, you share your experience from an old, unfinished, may be buggy, version, and still talk about that now, as if this version you experienced is still the last one - without trying the actual version here on F95? (and pretending you did)?

I can tell you: I downloaded this version 1.0 from F95 (incl. Ep.2 vers. 0.903), and that "stupid sneaking " (as you call it) was definitely changed. I tried, you did not try !
So pls do not tell something untrue (I am still trying to be polite!).

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Does this mean, you share your experience from an old, unfinished, may be buggy, version, and still talk about that now, as if this version you experienced is still the last one - without trying the actual version here on F95? (and pretending you did)?

I can tell you: I downloaded this version 1.0 from F95 (incl. Ep.2 vers. 0.903), and that "stupid sneaking " (as you call it) was definitely changed. I tried, you did not ! So pls do not tell something untrue (I am still trying to be polite!).
it is still here on my nov 2022 save and no option to slow down anything.

ofc i base my opinion on version here what else? note that I haven't reviewed of this game.

just tried your save and it is much better. not gonna start over since did that when current version here came.

besides passing that harbor thingy doesn't (shouldn't) change anything.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
it is still here on my nov 2022 save and no option to slow down anything.
Slow down minigames is directly after opening screen, after chosing your difficulty level, you cannot miss it.
ofc i base my opinion on version here what else?
I also base on the version here, what else. And nothing to complain from my side.
note that I haven't reviewed of this game.
Looks that this is true. Obviously you played a version without the option to slow down minigames, not the actual one.
just tried your save and it is much better.
Fine that you realized that. Its the current version from here.
not gonna start over since did that when current version here came.
Thats ok, if you prefer other games. But dont tell here that the game is still broken - from remembrence of more than a year ago.
besides passing that harbor thingy doesn't (shouldn't) change anything.
I can't believe you're saying that. Because that harbor thingy was essential to your earlier grievances. Why do you criticize at all if this is not essential? What else is essential to you ?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Slow down minigames is directly after opening screen, after chosing your difficulty level, you cannot miss it.

Thats ok, if you prefer other games. But dont tell here that the game is still broken - from remembrence of more than a year ago.

I can't believe you're saying that. Because that harbor thingy was essential to your earlier grievances. Why do you criticize at all if this is not essential? What else is essential to you ?
1. wasn't when i started and no such option on your save.

2. i do like this game since fantasy themed games tend to be rare (1 was recently abandoned).

3. well if dev meant that it's passable w/o slowing "minigames" then why the hell those footsteps vanish? also can't say if it is meaningless or not since on save i played to end (of version here) mc said that his friend needs to find new wife and then he went back to his business until was called to castle so if harbor thing becomes meaningful then mine and others grievance is justified.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
A usefull remark for all who want to play Void’s Calling (or want to replay it).

1) If you start from very beginning, dont worry (you will rescue Ilga on the way to the town).
Version is 1.0 (newest), it contains Ep.1 and Ep.2

2) If you have played Ep.1 already, the game leads you to the start of Ep.2 = at the end of Ep.1 (herbalists house broken in).
You are asked to export /import your data from Ep.1

Also, you can choose the difficulty level (this can be different from the one in Ep.1).
And, you can choose IF YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH OR WITHOUT MINIGAMES.

I definitely recommend second or third option, then you will have zero problem with minigames at all.

3) If you started Ep.2 and loaded the newest version AFTER that, you definitely will NOT have the minigame choice.
This might cause a problem if you are not a “champion speed clicker” (I am not tbh).

So, for having the full experience of the game, I recommend to load the newest version (1.0) here from F95. Then load the end of Ep.1. Go on, and you have the import part and the options part.

Ep.2 is so much bigger and more fantastic than Ep.1 (which is already exceptional imho). It would be a pity if you miss a third (or even two thirds) of the second episode. Missing stuff in Ep.2 will also effect Ep.3 (called DLC on steam) to a high extend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhai

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Developers text form Steam:
(Your saves from the early access version will not be compatible with the current version of the game. )

The list of all main changes (from EA to finished build):

The early access build had over 116k words; the current build has over 174k words.

1) The purification ritual (this is one of the biggest events added)
2) Events with Ilga
3) Random events at the apothecary, armory, brothel, and so on.
4) Two new events at the river
5) MC’s room (Training, rest)
6) Alternative branch where you look for Kagera
7) Events with Fiona
8) Events at the brothel
9) New events with Mrisya
10) Events with Lilina
11) Alternative vampires’ branch
12) Two small random events in the town
13) Five events with Sarah.
14) Event with Higrith
15) Event with Elana
16) Kilena’s branch fix
Maybe I forgot to mention a few things in this list.

The technical stuff:

1) Now you can set the speed of QTE sequences at the beginning of the game (QTE=Minigames. This choice can’t be changed afterwards)
2) Now you can choose a high difficulty for combat at the beginning of the game (this choice can’t be changed afterwards)
3) The MC is stronger now when you play on easy difficulty
4) We’ve nerfed the last mercenary you fight on the ship for all difficulties (he was way too strong), but we’ve significantly boosted Fuhrim. If someone’s scared of Fuhrim, you can let him escape. It’s not necessary to fight him.

Overall, the easy difficulty now means you can play the game without leveling up.

We’ve added some practical use to the already existing items in the game, Kagera’s amulet, Melora’s ring and vial with blood.

You’ll be able to equip these items using the slot for amulets (via your inventory) and receive small bonuses to your stats.

Tweaks to the combat system and game’s balance
- Added options to use potions from your inventory (before you could only use potions from your belt).
– New sounds added (We’re trying to make the game more atmospheric)

Thank you all for the wait. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhai

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
... mc said that his friend needs to find new wife ...
Hi cxx. Sorry cannot remember such a thing. Which friend? A new wife? May you explain pls?
... so if harbor thing becomes meaningful then mine and others grievance is justified.
Depends on your definition of "meaningful".
Ofc you can continue the game without entering the ship.
Its just that you missed a big part of the story / of the game.
And I am quite sure you will miss a part in Ep.3 as well.

If this does not matter for you, then it is not meaningful ofc.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hi cxx. Sorry cannot remember such a thing. Which friend? A new wife? May you explain pls?

Depends on your definition of "meaningful".
Ofc you can continue the game without entering the ship.
Its just that you missed a big part of the story / of the game.
And I am quite sure you will miss a part in Ep.3 as well.

If this does not matter for you, then it is not meaningful ofc.
oh for fucks sake, that noble's/rich guy (friend of mc) wife whom forlan helped to kidnap, kidnap was done by that asshole at ship.

meaningful as impacting story aka that noble is less friendly towards forlan if he didn't rescue his wife.

why says abandoned??
1. dev stated months ago that this is abandoned.
2. despite continuing devving later no new version here yet so tag stays.
3. you can ask from mods but luck with that.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
does Ep 2 version include steam season 1,0 ep 1 too?
As said befor, Version 1.0 includes Ep.1 and Ep.2 At Steam there are 2 different games, one for each episode.
why says abandoned??
After Steam shut down first german market (which was biggest) and then russian market (for different reasons), his earnings were dramatically cut.
Also he had the impression that ppl did not really like Ep.2, so he decidet not to do Ep.3

After that, lots of ppl told him how they liked it, so he changed his mind and now he is in the full procress to create a DLC for Steam to finish the main story line.

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
meaningful as impacting story aka that noble is less friendly towards forlan if he didn't rescue his wife.
I guess his noble friend is less friendly (seems logical), but worse is that the wife was also MCs friend from old days.
Both will have an effect on the continuation of the story line.

I would recomend to start over with Ep.2 again, skip the minigames and have much much more content than you have experienced. Up to you, have fun.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Hi cxx
Did you have this one?

... (not to mentione 2-16) ?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I would recomend to start over with Ep.2 again, skip the minigames and have much much more content than you have experienced. Up to you, have fun.
did when current version here came here. well have experienced lots of things in this game.

Hi cxx
Did you have this one?

... (not to mentione 2-16) ?
i think not that magnificent trio attempted it but it wasn't successfull which led forlan on long trip where he would have needed more health potions and bandages than he had bought (still finished it).

jtc

Jul 1, 2017
Dev is working on the continuation story:
(Looking so much forward)
This was a promising game so I do hope it gets finished.

Strong story in a sandbox doesn't always work well, even big budget games struggle with getting it right.

Maybe the dev can finish the game as a VN?

Reactions: Rolo
3.70 star(s) 35 Votes