ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I'm getting an error when the MC is cooking dinner for the first time

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1029, in script
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 212, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 215, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 216, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 217, in execute
NameError: Name 'bad' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1029, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1903, in execute
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1010, in menu
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1250, in display_menu
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 3423, in interact
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 3856, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
  File "renpy/display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 3856, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
  File "renpy/display\screen.py", line 653, in update
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 215, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 216, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 217, in execute
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 992, in _textbutton
  File "renpy/text\text.py", line 1594, in __init__
  File "renpy/text\text.py", line 1712, in set_text
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 236, in __getitem__
NameError: Name 'bad' is not defined.
you know how it often happens when you do something for the first time. If you haven't caused a fire, consider yourself lucky. and then - caused an application error. okay - you just mixed the ingredients wrong =)

magistrate

Feb 2, 2019
Improved UI:
Improves the game's UI by replacing the textbox with one that is smaller and more transparent, makes the text more readable, and adds an option to disable the quick menu and phone button so they don't block the screen.
What Lain doesn't mention is that his mod removes the option for Rollback Side, which probably doesn't matter for most people but I use that to play on my tablet in bed. Took like 15 minutes to figure out a fix to this:
-install game, do not install mod yet
-open game and settings menu
-set rollback side as desired
-close game
-install mod

This way rollback side preference is added to the persistent file. Sure would be nice if the mod didn't remove that in the first place.

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
I mean, what did you guys expect from a dev who made characters like Otaku chan lmao
He knows them too well that he could relate.
Just the way he writes dialogue you know hes a lying scum piece of shit. I for one knew this would happen. This game is literally his mindset. I wouldnt trust that guy in real life lmao

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
I mean, what did you guys expect from a dev who made characters like Otaku chan lmao
He knows them too well that he could relate.
Just the way he writes dialogue you know hes a lying scum piece of shit. I for one knew this would happen. This game is literally his mindset. I wouldnt trust that guy in real life lmao
First of all, dont call him Otaku-chan... There is nothing "chan" about him.

Second, I think most people in this Thread are more like Otaku than the MC...

bloodkry

Sep 24, 2017
Hello,

I restart a new save and i'm in loop when i need to take the mini-camera. I already choose all option in different order.
Can you help me?

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
Hello,

I restart a new save and i'm in loop when i need to take the mini-camera. I already choose all option in different order.
Can you help me?
Where does the loop end? If I recall correctly you are supposed to retrieve a pack of batteries from the lockers, but you shouldn't be stuck in a loop if you don't (but you'll get a bad ending later on I think), I'll speed trough it if I have the time.

bloodkry

Sep 24, 2017
Where does the loop end? If I recall correctly you are supposed to retrieve a pack of batteries from the lockers, but you shouldn't be stuck in a loop if you don't (but you'll get a bad ending later on I think), I'll speed trough it if I have the time.
The loop don't end, when i choose an option the MC do the action and i return on choice with the two options

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
The loop don't end, when i choose an option the MC do the action and i return on choice with the two options
Ok, this ain't your fault, this is a poorly coded segment, you are meant to "check the lockers" twice in a row(you'll check a different locker each time), don't change options, or you'll be kept in a loop, and the camera option doesn't seem to matter as the story does continue even if you don't pick that choice, all that matters is that you check the lockers twice in a row.

GodTier

Feb 8, 2018
It's a sad trend now with dev's dropping updates twice or sometimes even once a year. Clearly they're getting lazy and less motivated when certain nobgobblin patron's continue to support them no matter the circumstances. Sadly I only see the trend getting worse, look at erahunter with 1700k/month with barely a single quest added in 1 year.

Sep 23, 2018
Huh, the step sister asks for sex after peeping and I consensually give it to her, but getting discovered by the mother leads to me getting kicked out for "her son raping his sister"?

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes