hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017
according to the first page, this game hasnt had an update in one year and nearly five months. and you are telling me to hold on hope because the guy is still developing the game. right. this thing wont be finished for like ten years at this rate.

Updates always come fast and easy until they start making money, then they slow down and the excuses start coming.

Reactions: hanabusa1991

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
according to the first page, this game hasnt had an update in one year and nearly five months.
Well, last update was in January. The OP isn't accurate. But who give's a fuck about that? There're way more better games out there.

Sep 22, 2018
They don't have to uphold what they promise in the slightest. I supported a game being made, I was promised the complete game and then it got canceled. Never got the game, never got my money back. It really depends on your point of view of what a donation platform versus a store is.
Buddy, my dear, it's not that just because you got scammed, now you have the right to gaslight this entire thread or site into thinking that someone who "donates" through Patreon, doesn't have any rights to expect the good or the services to be delivered...

Sure a very long time ago Patreon may have been a purely donations-driven platform, but exactly like YouTube became a corporate business, so Patreon did as well.
So no wonder even if today some YouTubers and content creators may use it for a pure "donation" purpose, even when not giving out specific rewards, they use it to make their content creators projects sustainable while continuing to provide the main product or service they offered originally.

TL;DR No dear little one, Patreon has not been a donations-driven platform ever since much years ago, today it's just another source of income, but not an uninterested one anymore.

MiHawkins

Jun 4, 2018
Some of you need some reading:
It'd be great if you had read too before trying to school anyone. This is the first paragraph of your linked page:
Patronage is the support, encouragement, privilege, or financial aid that an organization or individual bestows on another. In the history of art, arts patronage refers to the support that princes, popes, and other wealthy and influential people have provided to artists such as musicians, painters, and sculptors. It can also refer to the right of bestowing offices or church benefices, the business given to a store by a regular customer, and the guardianship of saints. The word "patron" derives from the Latin: patronus ("patron"), one who gives benefits to his clients (see Patronage in ancient Rome).
Had you read this first paragraph, you would have spared yourself this embarrassment.

Levan76

Aug 2, 2022
What Patreon users sell is a promise, not unlike preorders on Steam and other platforms. A promise that may or may not come true since the devs uphold the right to make chances as they see fit, both to the content and release schedule, thus it cannot be called an exchange of goods since that would mean being upfront about the exchange from the start. That's not what is happening here.

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

mlgtk

Dec 1, 2019
its really not that big of a deal tbh... like bruh just wait for the peak to drop, you dont got anything else to do but complain... there is sooooooo many other games you can try out in the meantime

MiHawkins

Jun 4, 2018
What Patreon users sell is a promise, not unlike preorders on Steam and other platforms. A promise that may or may not come true since the devs uphold the right to make chances as they see fit, both to the content and release schedule, thus it cannot be called an exchange of goods since that would mean being upfront about the exchange from the start. That's not what is happening here.
Again, this is false. Let's take Irph's patreon for example because it's the one on topic in this thread. This is a non-exhaustive list of things offered in exchange for payment on his patreon:
  • Loyalty package.
  • Access to discord server.
  • Access to preview images.
  • Access to last updates <a number> weeks in advance.
  • Participation in polls.
  • HD wallpapers.
  • Being credited in the game.
These aren't "promises" being sold. You pay for these specific things being given to you. When you order something from an online store, you buy the goods even though the store might run out of stock and be unable to send it to you. But that doesn't mean you bought "a promise".

Mediocre

May 9, 2018
its really not that big of a deal tbh... like bruh just wait for the peak to drop, you dont got anything else to do but complain... there is sooooooo many other games you can try out in the meantime
Games like Melody were finished in 2 years, one of the GOATS on here... Imo the best games on here have gone half a year without an update. ALOT of my favorite games have gone abandoned. Putting out consistent updates not only holds devs accountable but shows that they're respecting our time and money we've gave them. Maybe the update will be good! But damn does it leave a bad taste waiting 8 months if not a year for the next chapter.

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
On Discord someone said "December 2023", and the answer from one of the helpers was:

galewind — Today at 2:00 PM
"It shouldn't be THAT long, but like I said, there's three big things that need to be finished. Two routes on last scene, and cleanup."

Jeez, and I thought that Mr. Irphaeus himself said it was 95% done a month ago. What a surprise... :HideThePain::KEK:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
It's just funny at this point.
To be honest there's slowly growing some respect towards Milkaeus. He fucks with his simps in a way, even pirates who steal his works are getting pissed about it. It's financial domination on a whole new level. His finslaves on Discord and Patreon are getting hornier with every new message and on the other side the freeloader parasite pervs here more and more frustrated. It's entertaining.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes