Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Why great games always end up like this, not just nsfw games, just say like gta, elder scrolls
Great games? You don't mean this one, right? Waifu Academy is mediocre. Choices doesn't have an impact. There are literally no variables in the whole game. It's just an illusion of choice.

Reactions: hanabusa1991

blulaz

Nov 23, 2017
Patreon system is truly a mistake to WEG scene. Sure it can help developers way more than kickstarter/crowdfunding, but on the other hand, they can also enable scummy devs from doing shit like this. Unlike "SFW" games, people can't just call them out publicly on YT & socials like YandereDevs for example.
These "slow drip" type of games is pretty disgusting to say the least. It's almost a game by itself; Try to milk as much patreon as possible until there's a sign of decline, then you finally release the goods. It wouldnt surprise me if they decided to "remake" the game in the future to stagnate the development even more.
It's been about 5 years and it's still in version 0.9. No, it's not 0.90, it's actually 0.09. In any software based term, that should be only 9% of the game completed. Then again, they probably doesn't even know to label it properly in the first place, so I digress.

Is it illegal? Unfortunately, no. Was it morally wrong? You tell me. When devs starts doing shit like this, you know that they're not the type of people you should "support."
Unfortunately, plenty of people have the mindset of "it's only $3 a month, who cares" and "I already donated since the early days, why should I stop now?"

Looking at it back, this game is honestly pretty mediocre. It just has the status of being around for a very long time, but the writing has dropped in the last few updates, and I was naive back then to get invested with it, but now, there's just so many way better games that I don't even see the point of bothering with this one anymore. This is probably going to be my last post on this thread. I wouldn't even open this thread in the first place if not for constant alerts from people who shared my views and all are very disappointed with how this game turned to be.

Blueray

Aug 27, 2020
On Discord someone said "December 2023", and the answer from one of the helpers was:

galewind — Today at 2:00 PM
"It shouldn't be THAT long, but like I said, there's three big things that need to be finished. Two routes on last scene, and cleanup."

Jeez, and I thought that Mr. Irphaeus himself said it was 95% done a month ago. What a surprise... :HideThePain::KEK:
I hope he was not Lying

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
Patreon system is truly a mistake to WEG scene. Sure it can help developers way more than kickstarter/crowdfunding, but on the other hand, they can also enable scummy devs from doing shit like this. Unlike "SFW" games, people can't just call them out publicly on YT & socials like YandereDevs for example.
These "slow drip" type of games is pretty disgusting to say the least. It's almost a game by itself; Try to milk as much patreon as possible until there's a sign of decline, then you finally release the goods. It wouldnt surprise me if they decided to "remake" the game in the future to stagnate the development even more.
It's been about 5 years and it's still in version 0.9. No, it's not 0.90, it's actually 0.09. In any software based term, that should be only 9% of the game completed. Then again, they probably doesn't even know to label it properly in the first place, so I digress.

Is it illegal? Unfortunately, no. Was it morally wrong? You tell me. When devs starts doing shit like this, you know that they're not the type of people you should "support."
Unfortunately, plenty of people have the mindset of "it's only $3 a month, who cares" and "I already donated since the early days, why should I stop now?"

Looking at it back, this game is honestly pretty mediocre. It just has the status of being around for a very long time, but the writing has dropped in the last few updates, and I was naive back then to get invested with it, but now, there's just so many way better games that I don't even see the point of bothering with this one anymore. This is probably going to be my last post on this thread. I wouldn't even open this thread in the first place if not for constant alerts from people who shared my views and all are very disappointed with how this game turned to be.
Ah Yandere Simulator, almost a decade and it is STILL a demo version, the guy is still thick enough to lie to himself and say "Nope I am doing everything right" yh right

Levan76

Aug 2, 2022
The amount of artwork around it does feel like it eclipses the actual game in sheer quantity and maybe even quality.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
What do you guys think is gonna release first Milf City final version or the Waifu Academy???
Ecchi Sensei. ;)

As annoying as the delays and broken promises are, Irphaeus has always released an update, eventually. All you can do is wait or ignore the game. This seems to be his pattern now, and enough people support him to keep him releasing updates with long delays.

Oct 15, 2017
0.9.9? Does that mean the game is going to be finished soon?
No, his versioning is just garbage. The game/first path won't be finished for a long time, with the current pace it will be 5+ years by my estimates.

We still have so many events that have been mentioned/set up that haven't happened yet. Like the Kaori sports competition that also involves Haruka, the Takamura fight, the student council election, the plot about Motoko's parents and the attempt to kidnap her little sister and even more. Now consider that all these events are either taking up one entire day or multiple days and the last updates have covered around 1/3 of one day and took around 9 months each to release. Based on this information you can easily see that this game is FAR from being finished anytime soon.

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I kinda forgot about this game and normally I watch the threads of the games I like. But not this one for some reason...and browsing through the last few pages only whinging about other peoples money and the developer's assumed attitude, all you holier-than-thou visitors of a piracy site....I remember now!

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
No, his versioning is just garbage. The game/first path won't be finished for a long time, with the current pace it will be 5+ years by my estimates.
Even that estimate is optimistic. This game has already been around for 5 years and isn't even halfway through the story. Unless it goes full Game of Thrones TV show and cuts massive amount of content just to get to the end, I suspect Irphaeus will be in an actual car accident before this ever finishes.

Oct 15, 2017
Even that estimate is optimistic. This game has already been around for 5 years and isn't even halfway through the story. Unless it goes full Game of Thrones TV show and cuts massive amount of content just to get to the end, I suspect Irphaeus will be in an actual car accident before this ever finishes.
I know :/ if he would go back to the pace of updates this game started with (1 substantial update every 2-3 months) I'd say he could be done with 1 route in 1-2 years.

The issue is that the more recent updates get bogged down with waaaaay too many pointless details, dialogues or just plain fillers that are unnecessary for the story. Remember the idiotic goose chase to find Yoko's house? It was entirely pointless and annoying without adding anything to the story and could have been skipped entirely or the MC mentions how he struggled to find the place and that Otaku has failed him yet again and makes a snarky remark about it (like always) after he arrives at Yoko's house.

Same thing with the honeybee event, there was absolutely no need to present the event in such detail, a montage with some funny highlights interspersed with the different h-scenes would have been way better imho and instead of all the filler we could have had the different girls as options for the final scene and without the blueballs ending of course (another shitty development in recent updates).

Last edited:

V-Kun

Jan 9, 2019
I kinda forgot about this game and normally I watch the threads of the games I like. But not this one for some reason...and browsing through the last few pages only whinging about other peoples money and the developer's assumed attitude, all you holier-than-thou visitors of a piracy site....I remember now!
The dude set promises that he never keeps. Piracy and money aside, are you defending blatant lying? seems we are the holier ones after all :p

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes