xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
can someone mark this game as abandoned? or does the uploader have to?
As per site rules not yet, it would require either more than 3 months of no communication (which Irph still does) or no game updates for at least 18 months I believe (which will still take a while), or alternatively confirmed by the dev which also isn't the case.

• Sad
Reactions: Blueray

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
or can thy put it on hold ?
What would be the purpose? On-hold means that development is paused with the intent of continuing it at a later point whether or not the dev is working on another project in the meantime, it would need to be confirmed by the dev. There is no confirmation, on the contrary the dev keeps telling how they are working on the game (the progress made being a different matter), as such it can't be marked as either abandoned or on-hold until it takes too long to update, the dev goes silent or actually ends up confirming either.

If anything you are better off making a feature request for tags which indicate development speed, because as long as updates do eventually drop within a given time frame then it won't be marked as abandoned.

Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
"I’ll say this: I understand why Irph said the update was 95% done (the renders and animations were all done), but I think he grossly underestimated the amount of time it takes to finish script including testing it. The last scene is a biggun. There will be 7 or 8 replay insertion points in that scene alone."

• Sad
Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

Levan76

Aug 2, 2022
"I’ll say this: I understand why Irph said the update was 95% done (the renders and animations were all done), but I think he grossly underestimated the amount of time it takes to finish script including testing it. The last scene is a biggun. There will be 7 or 8 replay insertion points in that scene alone."
And what do you base this on?

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
As per site rules not yet, it would require either more than 3 months of no communication (which Irph still does) or no game updates for at least 18 months I believe (which will still take a while), or alternatively confirmed by the dev which also isn't the case.
Now I want this guy to not release any updates for 18 months

Bradd D

Oct 8, 2022
And what exactly will this change? Is the "Abandoned" status really such a big thing on F95 that Irphaeus will instantly lose all his money and patrons?
People still pay for this all year long? The guy never does anything with it. I gave up on it months ago. I only checked the thread again just of curiousity if it had been marked abandoned yet.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
The last post he made was on 29th July, "We need a little more time T_T".
Has it been 3 months? No, so the site rules don't apply yet.
Also, it could not just include Patreon but also Discord where not necessarily Irph needs to say anything since anyone from the team could keep up communications.

tricky17

Oct 12, 2018
People complaining that the dev does not even update Patreon he is quiet happy to keep taking peoples money on a monthly rate !
"Yeah there needs to be at least a monthly update if people are paying monthly to support the project. I don't see why it's almost been 2 months without a Patreon update. People are leaving because they don't know to check the discord"

Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
"Finished second round edits on last path of last scene. Can start testing tonight on my copy and then export changed results while I wait for code freeze to finish. Then the “fun” begins"
"(Code freeze will finish when I receive updated script and missing files. No timeframe yet)"
"“Fun” is a list of steps I have already assembled for when code freeze ends."
"Someone is editing the current code, adding and changing lines. We aren’t graduated to a “source control” system yet, so I need to wait to insert and modify more chunks."
" There will be a couple more handoffs before we can release, but my anticipation is that most of my work will be done when I get it back this time as long as I finish testing these pieces before the main script comes back"

Oct 15, 2017
"Finished second round edits on last path of last scene. Can start testing tonight on my copy and then export changed results while I wait for code freeze to finish. Then the “fun” begins"
"(Code freeze will finish when I receive updated script and missing files. No timeframe yet)"
"“Fun” is a list of steps I have already assembled for when code freeze ends."
"Someone is editing the current code, adding and changing lines. We aren’t graduated to a “source control” system yet, so I need to wait to insert and modify more chunks."
" There will be a couple more handoffs before we can release, but my anticipation is that most of my work will be done when I get it back this time as long as I finish testing these pieces before the main script comes back"
Translation of this gibberish = keep paying us suckers, we will give you some scraps of content eventually.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes