Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
Is it true that the next update will be focused on fit girls?
According to the last words of the last update, at least the first half of the next update is going to be focused on fit girls (this under the argument that this update is actually two delivered together).

Reactions: JJsworld

Grubb

Oct 8, 2017
For the people who says, "get a life, just play another game, just wait", thats both a dumb statement and also not the point.
1-Why are you supposing that we don't play other games? You think we are doing nothing with our lives but waiting for this game? The assumption is wrong and fallacious. 2- As a consumer you expect several things from a service, not just the final product being good, imagine ordering food, they say it will take 30 minutes, but it takes longer, you call they don't answer, when it finally arrives within 60 minutes the drink is wrong, the guy have to go back to change it, but the food is absolutelly amazing. Wouldn't you trade all the problems you had for they saying from the start "it will be there in 70 minutes"? And before someone says: "problems happens, things get delayed for external reasons, sometimes is not the restaurant fault", yes but not when it happens consistently, and still its the risk of doing business, you have to prepare for that.
And don't forget that there are people backing up the project, investing their money, you don't want to keep frustrating them, always better make a realistic schedule and deliver on it then promising an unrealistic/ambitious one and failing at it.
That being said i'm not angry or desperate, i love the game and just wanna play it.
Yeah but what would you say if those very same people that "back up the project, invest their money" don't really mind? People are still there, after all.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I agree that "just wait," is not a satisfying answer, but the only one that we get.
Now, all this BS about being customers... you know that customers usually pay and not illegally download stuff from a pirate site?

Personally, I think if devs cheat, screw up, are lazy, you can call that out, whether you are a pirate or a patron, but declaring that you are a customer? Yeah, you better actually be a paying patron, before you come with an analogy like that.

Jun 20, 2018
The non patron shouldnt complain because they get this game for free..for patron,it's better you just stop donating this dev..there is more much more better dev outhere you can patron..but its up to you if you want to keep patron or not

Last edited:
Reactions: Adabelitoo

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
Yo, that's fucking rich coming from someone on a PIRACY website. We didn't "order" anything. We're not customers. We're not even paying for it (most of us, anyway). Even for patreons, that analogy stinks. But even humouring you, if a restaurant delays my order into next week, I'm goign home and eating mac and cheese. Then never come back to that restaurant.
So it seems like you aren't aware of the fact that dynamic subscribers exist and that you shouldn't be willing to take all the shit in the world just because you're not giving money AT THIS MOMENT. I am certain that this "piracy forum" has a ton of people who do subscribe, it's not like the 500+ subscribers appear from thin air for some games.
I have been subscribed to Irphaeus previously and some other games. Not exactly wealthy, so I had to cancel my subscription. Even then, when someone gets lied to, or I get told that "It will be released this month" it depends on the size of the lie for me.
I don't agree with the person you replied to because he was talking about setting expectations, and generally this dev has been able to keep the expectations quite well and a delay of a couple of weeks is nothing. It starts being an issue once the weeks turn into multiple months (Which it won't here).
I supported a guy who created "The senior". He has huge issues in consistent uploads and his initial promise was to release an update in like 1.5 months. 1.5 months passed, he said it's almost done and 1 month passed that way, still no update. Next month he said again it's almost done and wants to finish the update that month, again didn't release. Update should've been done by the end of January, he released it I think in April? All the while he was taking money from patreon (Wasn't a lot of money, but promises were made).

Even if you don't pay money, promises should be kept, because not being able to keep promises shows to everyone that you cannot be trusted. Everyone on this site is a potential customer (And I was one when I was doing a bit better financially) and even if we get updates later than the payers, or if we aren't the ones lied to, we will still be disappointed (In the dev).
If we don't pay, we shouldn't get outraged enough to start calling the devs every name in the book, yes, but we can still call him a few names and express our disappointment in the dev (Because a promise was broken). In the end setting expectations is crucial and while this dev doesn't really deserve to get called out for not setting proper expectations yet (Because they aren't breaking those expectations by too much, as per mentioned previously, there are legit guys who delay a small update by 4-5 months), but there are many games that should be called out, and not being a payer doesn't mean that we cannot say that a shit stinks, when it stinks.

Grubb

Oct 8, 2017
Maybe I'm just too old to be complaining on a forum anymore. I check the thread every single day, but have no more energy to create walls of text explaining why I'm owed something for free. I used to be like that, but I think it's past time for me to move on from that.

One more thing: I get the feeling that if the thread keeps getting derailed by this kind of thing, some mod might see fit to lock it.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Maybe I'm just too old to be complaining on a forum anymore. I check the thread every single day, but have no more energy to create walls of text explaining why I'm owed something for free. I used to be like that, but I think it's past time for me to move on from that.

One more thing: I get the feeling that if the thread keeps getting derailed by this kind of thing, some mod might see fit to lock it.
Yeah, I have tried to keep talking about the actual game itself and not what's going on behind the scenes it's a pity that it has descended into this.

Jul 7, 2019
I am ashamed and sorry for my previous ignorance and complaints in F95. The truth is I only need to focus on the game itself and not the delay. Waifu academy is a great game and I'd love to sponsor it, but I'm from a foreign Country and I don't have a credit card.

Reactions: KeepOnLiving

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
Yo, that's fucking rich coming from someone on a PIRACY website. We didn't "order" anything. We're not customers. We're not even paying for it (most of us, anyway). Even for patreons, that analogy stinks. But even humouring you, if a restaurant delays my order into next week, I'm goign home and eating mac and cheese. Then never come back to that restaurant.
I wish a motherfucker would forget my order!
I'd bring my food there and eat. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Mormont

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
So it seems like you aren't aware of the fact that dynamic subscribers exist and that you shouldn't be willing to take all the shit in the world just because you're not giving money AT THIS MOMENT. I am certain that this "piracy forum" has a ton of people who do subscribe, it's not like the 500+ subscribers appear from thin air for some games.
I have been subscribed to Irphaeus previously and some other games. Not exactly wealthy, so I had to cancel my subscription. Even then, when someone gets lied to, or I get told that "It will be released this month" it depends on the size of the lie for me.
I don't agree with the person you replied to because he was talking about setting expectations, and generally this dev has been able to keep the expectations quite well and a delay of a couple of weeks is nothing. It starts being an issue once the weeks turn into multiple months (Which it won't here).
I supported a guy who created "The senior". He has huge issues in consistent uploads and his initial promise was to release an update in like 1.5 months. 1.5 months passed, he said it's almost done and 1 month passed that way, still no update. Next month he said again it's almost done and wants to finish the update that month, again didn't release. Update should've been done by the end of January, he released it I think in April? All the while he was taking money from patreon (Wasn't a lot of money, but promises were made).

Even if you don't pay money, promises should be kept, because not being able to keep promises shows to everyone that you cannot be trusted. Everyone on this site is a potential customer (And I was one when I was doing a bit better financially) and even if we get updates later than the payers, or if we aren't the ones lied to, we will still be disappointed (In the dev).
If we don't pay, we shouldn't get outraged enough to start calling the devs every name in the book, yes, but we can still call him a few names and express our disappointment in the dev (Because a promise was broken). In the end setting expectations is crucial and while this dev doesn't really deserve to get called out for not setting proper expectations yet (Because they aren't breaking those expectations by too much, as per mentioned previously, there are legit guys who delay a small update by 4-5 months), but there are many games that should be called out, and not being a payer doesn't mean that we cannot say that a shit stinks, when it stinks.
Even if "Patrons" were customers, which I really don't think they are. When you stop paying you'd stop being one. Also, complaining HERE, insisantly, many times, a lot. Instead of on the Patreon isn't accomplishing anything.

total

Jun 17, 2017
If anything Irphaeus interacts with this forum a lot less than he did at the start and I think the complaining probably has a lot to do with it. Can't blame him if he wants to avoid the negativity.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
If anything Irphaeus interacts with this forum a lot less than he did at the start and I think the complaining probably has a lot to do with it. Can't blame him if he wants to avoid the negativity.
This is an excellent point. We are lucky to have indie devs, who clearly need and deserve support (ie money) come here on a site where people pirate their stuff and they're usually really nice to us. Listen to our feedback. Discuss things like we were actively supporting them.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
This is an excellent point. We are lucky to have indie devs, who clearly need and deserve support (ie money) come here on a site where people pirate their stuff and they're usually really nice to us. Listen to our feedback. Discuss things like we were actively supporting them.
TomberryDude gets it! We are so lucky to have them come here to us pirates and talk things out with us.
And what do most of us do? Cry, moan, and spit in the faces of those who shouldn't even grace us with an hello.
I'll leave it at that.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
That is the spirit!!!

Game On!!!

I can never get enough of the arcade game .. it is a gem still unmatched around here ..

Also the touchy freely train confusion reaction self loathing and happy go lucky scenes are Golden;)

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes