blabbolo

Mar 18, 2019
Also i think Yoko looks like a chipmunk with headphones. She has no reason to be upset at inori for just wanting to be an idol and not being a kenichi groupie.
She is just jelous because she went to meet the idol with the mc, she is being extremely petty and supports kenichi to irk the mc, hopefully she will get her punishemnt soon

Reactions: Agitrek21

total

Jun 17, 2017
I'm thoroughly surprised how in previous pages fans defended the game against most time critics by citing how good the writing was and the time it takes to do so, and yet in the last pages there are fans agreeing that it's a total cringefest, subpar and so bad it's sometimes funny.

I don't even know what's the consensus anymore. Nice.
I've defended it on the grounds that I think it's good writing. Still on the same boat, since Irphaeus has a very comical style that he's stuck to very successfully. Characters are set up nicely and react believably w/r to their personality. Side plots are all developing in interesting directions. There's rarely anything jarring that breaks the immersion. I don't think people have played enough games on here to know what a bad story is.

It's been pretty consistent to the point where I look forward to WA updates more for the dumb humor than anything else. Sure, we've had some cringe (flirting with Cath in the store, holy fuck, please revise that bit), but there's more than one type of cringe, and this type has been the type that is easy to get over and move on (perhaps because it doesn't take itself too seriously).

I do get the irritation over delays, and I have to agree that Irphaeus is a lot slower than I'd expect him to be, but I don't know the reality of making a game in renpy / whatever posing software he's using, so I'm definitely not the guy to bitch about it. But when you compare content to something that doesn't get any hate, like LongLiveThePrincess, it doesn't really feel like there's an enormous difference in game time to me, if you were to collect 6 months worth of it (ignoring all of the clicking around the map and trying to find w/e you are supposed to do that LLTP has) and compare it to a single WA update.

Hankshaw

Jan 30, 2018
Every game is on hold until the next update, in a sense. From the updates we can gather that there has been some problems with the renders and the creator has a hard time knowing when to quit - what I can only imagine he sees as - a chapter. He keeps adding more and more to the plan, delaying the update(s).

More than anything I just want this project to continue at be at the same quality, you can tell when hes not at his A-game, due to how amazingly witty the writing can be in some updates and then just default to "good".

For me, this is the best game available right now. Milfy city takes it in the visual department and Summertime Saga in the creative department, but Waifu academy is the one I am always most hyped about.

Reactions: fmanaway

zerozip0

May 23, 2018
Irphaeus sent out a message on patreon last Saturday regarding the upcoming update and other things.
The older updates indicate that Irphaeus is a bit optimistic when estimating deadlines. The last one took 5 months to create. The next one has passed or is about to pass that threshold as well.
I am no prophet, but I predict that the second update from now will take 8-12 months to make. - That is if Irphaeus does not abandon the project. Anyway lets hope that is not the case! :geek:

Mar 22, 2019
Irphaeus sent out a message on patreon last Saturday regarding the upcoming update and other things.
The older updates indicate that Irphaeus is a bit optimistic when estimating deadlines. The last one took 5 months to create. The next one has passed or is about to pass that threshold as well.
I am no prophet, but I predict that the second update from now will take 8-12 months to make. - That is if Irphaeus does not abandon the project. Anyway lets hope that is not the case! :geek:
WRONG!,he always delivering his update every 2 month.

Agitrek21

Mar 4, 2019
H
I've defended it on the grounds that I think it's good writing. Still on the same boat, since Irphaeus has a very comical style that he's stuck to very successfully. Characters are set up nicely and react believably w/r to their personality. Side plots are all developing in interesting directions. There's rarely anything jarring that breaks the immersion. I don't think people have played enough games on here to know what a bad story is.

It's been pretty consistent to the point where I look forward to WA updates more for the dumb humor than anything else. Sure, we've had some cringe (flirting with Cath in the store, holy fuck, please revise that bit), but there's more than one type of cringe, and this type has been the type that is easy to get over and move on (perhaps because it doesn't take itself too seriously).

I do get the irritation over delays, and I have to agree that Irphaeus is a lot slower than I'd expect him to be, but I don't know the reality of making a game in renpy / whatever posing software he's using, so I'm definitely not the guy to bitch about it. But when you compare content to something that doesn't get any hate, like LongLiveThePrincess, it doesn't really feel like there's an enormous difference in game time to me, if you were to collect 6 months worth of it (ignoring all of the clicking around the map and trying to find w/e you are supposed to do that LLTP has) and compare it to a single WA update.
I don't keep up with most game developments here on the site, but i honestly have nothing against irphaeus delaying and or busy working on it considering how long game is and it's not everyday i play an h game that's heavily character and story driven so i don't mind.

KeepOnLiving

Oct 21, 2018
I'm thoroughly surprised how in previous pages fans defended the game against most time critics by citing how good the writing was and the time it takes to do so, and yet in the last pages there are fans agreeing that it's a total cringefest, subpar and so bad it's sometimes funny.

I don't even know what's the consensus anymore. Nice.
I've defended it on the grounds that I think it's good writing. [...]
You guys need to get better at spotting trolls.
Like, seriously.
The one who started all the "writing is so bad its funny" bullshit was, at least in my eyes, trying really hard to get people to flame him. Read through some of his posts again. First he flames the writing into oblivion, then he tries really hard to make the models / visuals, and more importantly, anyone who enjoys them, look as bad and stupid as possible:

[...]
the models are subparts, they're clearly made from some illusion-game, probably Honey-Select if i had to take a guess
so you're clearly not playing it for the visuals or only the sex-scenes,
or you'd play Honey-Select since it has no writing to keep you from reaching the sex-scenes, and you can make your own characters

can't be for the visuals, again, it's generics illusion-tier 3D-models
can't only be for the sex-scenes,or you'd straight-up play Honey-Select
[...]
He even tries really hard to argue in a condescending tone. Not just in that quote, but in basically all his posts.
As a general rule i'd say: If anyone starts some of his arguments with "Listen here, kiddo ...", he isn't actually trying to have a constructive discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: fmanaway

zerozip0

May 23, 2018
WRONG!,he always delivering his update every 2 month.
Release Date: 2019-09-19

Care to reiterate that?
Just to be clear: I believe Miss Ice Cream might be referring to status updates on patreon instead of software updates which was what I was referring to when I used the word updates in my previous post. Irphaeus himself stated the 5 month dryspell in one of his public patreon posts.
Patreon @ September 19 - 2019 Irphaeus said:
Hello, and thanks for your patience guys!

It's finally here after months of work and some unfortunate ordeals! 5 months... Geez, well to be honest and accurate it's 4 months of work. I explained previously I struggled with the pacing of this update after adding new plots/events... I had to rework a lot of stuff to keep everything together.
Then the heat wave struck my country, my graphic card melted T_T and I had to get another one, still it was very difficult to work under the heat.

Anyway, it's out! I really hope you guys appreciat all the content I stuffed inside.
Status updates from Irphaeus might be about every month or so. Game updates are unfortunately much more rare. Cherios folks!

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I don't think he is developing that second game yet is he? I think he just has the habit of doing an update and ends up adding a few more extra scenes than he originally planned.

Reactions: Theba

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
You guys need to get better at spotting trolls.
Like, seriously.
The one who started all the "writing is so bad its funny" bullshit was, at least in my eyes, trying really hard to get people to flame him. Read through some of his posts again. First he flames the writing into oblivion, then he tries really hard to make the models / visuals, and more importantly, anyone who enjoys them, look as bad and stupid as possible:

He even tries really hard to argue in a condescending tone. Not just in that quote, but in basically all his posts.
As a general rule i'd say: If anyone starts some of his arguments with "Listen here, kiddo ...", he isn't actually trying to have a constructive discussion.
why would i even try to get flame? what am i, 12 years old?

no, i genuinely think the game is so bad it's good
the writing tried to be really edgy in a serious way at first, then at some point it spiraled into a cringefest of memes and outdated references
and yes my point on the models stand

i wasn't trying to have a discussion, i simply expressed my opinion,
which i think is absolutely right and objective as i know my shit really-well
i'm not being ironic, i'm not being a "troll" (because you can't critique something without being either a "hater" or a "troll")
and yes i enjoy the game, just not like you, deal with it or not, but i won't let you try to change the meaning of what i sayed

Reactions: Fleabag

Theba

Jun 24, 2019
I don't think he is developing that second game yet is he? I think he just has the habit of doing an update and ends up adding a few more extra scenes than he originally planned.
Yeah, he has stated that he does not start WH until he has finished WA

Reactions: Mormont

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah, he has stated that he does not start WH until he has finished WA
Check this post from past april:
The first route(high Karma) of Waifu Academy will be finished around this fall [NOTE: fall 2019] yes. then I will release a very early concept for Waifu Hunter to explain the project.
I'm only working on Waifu Hunter during some days at the begining of each month, gathering idea and creating concept for characters and map.
Waifu Academy with the 2 other(average Karma, low Karma) route will still require 3 or 4 update to be completely finished.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes