Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
It's interesting that despite the godawful development schedule the quality of the content seems to be as high as ever, which doesn't really jive with the idea that Irphaeus doesn't care about Waifu Academy.

This is all conjecture but I would say that there most likely is some other problem with their development method.

Reactions: KeepOnLiving

Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
It's interesting that despite the godawful development schedule the quality of the content seems to be as high as ever, which doesn't really jive with the idea that Irphaeus doesn't care about Waifu Academy.

This is all conjecture but I would say that there most likely is some other problem with their development method.
The thing is, it's not like he doesn't care, it's that he cares too much, which isn't a bad thing to me, about everything. He will change an entire scene if something doesn't please him, he will add events because he feels the day would be lackluster or have problems of pacing. That's why it takes so long for an update, especially because he wants to do everything himself.

Reactions: Game Bond

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
The thing is, it's not like he doesn't care, it's that he cares too much, which isn't a bad thing to me, about everything. He will change an entire scene if something doesn't please him, he will add events because he feels the day would be lackluster or have problems of pacing. That's why it takes so long for an update, especially because he wants to do everything himself.
Honestly then it's a good thing I mean I know the delays are bad but the thing that he cares about his project is quite appreciable.

Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
Aaah, so perfectionism is causing development to go at a snail's pace?

That explains it.

That sounds like a pretty serious problem, it's commendable that he cares so much and a high-quality product is good but absurd development isn't good for the game and probably isn't good for Irphaeus. I can't imagine this is fun for him :confused:

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Looked through most recent 20 pages, saw no 0.7.1a port for android, has it not been released yet, if so why not? Pardon if ima noob regarding patreon/uploading/IP rules but it seems this is one of the Only Very popular games that doesnt get up to date ports regularly?

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
I'm posting previews mainly...if he writes something sure ^^
So his posts are just a random pic or two and he has not written anything on Discord? Lol, Mmkay. If that's true then your claims about Irphaeus progress with the update, the % he has finished, number sex scenes, what he's working on, or if he is working at all is just more smoke, but this time from you and not Irphaeus... because he has still not said anything. Thanks for clearing that up.

'Milk them if you got them' ...

Last edited:

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
Question.. Why is everyone suddenly acting, based on just some preview images, that he somehow "really cares for his work"? Or that "He's a artist that has an eye for detail"?
I will say that he's better at setting up scenes in the HS engine than me, sure, he's better at Ren'py than me as well, sure, but as people have said in the past, it doesn't take that long to get some good animations or images going..600 images and 20 animations is horrible for 6+ months of work, like more than horrible..

There are other devs that can still get out a decent quality product, and hit thousands of images with far more animations in like 2 months (And they don't have thousands of patreons)... And let's not forget that this game looks this good mostly due to the mods he uses with Honey select. He isn't creating his own art or anything of the sort for this game, he has a really good set up & posturing, which he's milking for all he can...

I also like good preview images, like everyone here, but it kind of feels like people are hypnotized by a couple of pictures, even saying that "The wait was worth it!" before the update even released (Or any other compliments posted after the images)... God damn I don't want to be negative here, but it's like stockholm syndrome up in here..

"Looks good, looking forward to trying it out"- I can be ok with this sort of post, but the compliments went way beyond that.. I just couldn't stop myself from writing this comment.. D:... If those compliments were a troll, they were a good one.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Question.. Why is everyone suddenly acting, based on just some preview images, that he somehow "really cares for his work"? Or that "He's a artist that has an eye for detail"?
I will say that he's better at setting up scenes in the HS engine than me, sure, he's better at Ren'py than me as well, sure, but as people have said in the past, it doesn't take that long to get some good animations or images going..600 images and 20 animations is horrible for 6+ months of work, like more than horrible..

There are other devs that can still get out a decent quality product, and hit thousands of images with far more animations in like 2 months (And they don't have thousands of patreons)... And let's not forget that this game looks this good mostly due to the mods he uses with Honey select. He isn't creating his own art or anything of the sort for this game, he has a really good set up & posturing, which he's milking for all he can...

I also like good preview images, like everyone here, but it kind of feels like people are hypnotized by a couple of pictures, even saying that "The wait was worth it!" before the update even released (Or any other compliments posted after the images)... God damn I don't want to be negative here, but it's like stockholm syndrome up in here..

"Looks good, looking forward to trying it out"- I can be ok with this sort of post, but the compliments went way beyond that.. I just couldn't stop myself from writing this comment.. D:... If those compliments were a troll, they were a good one.
You come for the T & A but stay for the story....... I don't follow the thread closely enough to notice these trivial issues, game is decent with hot scenes, when u have 60 games u dont worry about timely updates, usually I can't get through them all b4 the 1st ones I DL'd are being updated.

If ppl gonna Stockholm let em' >;D

Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
View attachment 593020

will i have sex with the train with takamura?
He will take advantage of the situation, rubbing one while calling her cute or something like that, but I don't think he would go as far as sex in a crowded train with her. I don't think this would make sense after the last scenes with her. Though, I might be wrong and he could be doing her right there. Time will tell.

Reactions: vmaks

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
He will take advantage of the situation, rubbing one while calling her cute or something like that, but I don't think he would go as far as sex in a crowded train with her. I don't think this would make sense after the last scenes with her. Though, I might be wrong and he could be doing her right there. Time will tell.
Besides, it wouldn't matter who was feeling Her up, she'd just turn around, rip dicks off & proceed to beat the perpetrator(s) to death with the bloody end >;D

Reactions: Reese286

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Listen, why you don't pledge 3$ and come to see yourself in the channel? I don't know what else I can say to you.. I'm not the dev or one of his helpers... Im just reporting what happen in the discord... Happy or no i can't do nothing... I'm waiting like you to play again the game :)
Lol, this ain't dodge ball _ you can put up or shut up. How about you stop making claims for the Dev's actions and progress, telling us what hes working on or anything else until you back it up. Either he posted more than a random pic or he didn't, you say he didn't - OK then why are you upset that we believe you ... that's what I and others have been saying all along. I'm not hating on the dev or the game _ I like the game, but nothing you post makes any sense.

Last edited:

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Besides, it wouldn't matter who was feeling Her up, she'd just turn around, rip dicks off & proceed to beat the perpetrator(s) to death with the bloody end >;D
Lol, truth! Maki is a total badass, that chick takes no prisoners and we already know what she can do in a train car.

Richy_

Mar 2, 2018
If you want to see what the dev has posted look for vmaks posts in this thread, he frequently posts dev updates from the Discord.

Reactions: vmaks
4.10 star(s) 267 Votes