NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Hmm, that's a shame.
Oh well, i'll come back next month and hopefully we get an ETA then at least.

alexiddd

Nov 5, 2017
That does not excuse the numerous false ETAs and lack of information. He hasn't updated his Patreon page since mid february when the update was supposed to be released before the end of last year for crying out loud. Every bit of information comes through vague Discord messages which he easily contradicts when the ETA draws near with promises of "more content". He might not be a scammer, but he surely is scummy. And I was a Patreon supporter until early this year.

His recent message that "no new ETA is needed" because the update is so close just adds insult to injury. You have lost the benefit of the doubt, bud. Annoyed I gave him money for so long when there are a ton of great developers out there who don't take success for granted and actually commit to what they promise.
Not sure about Discord, but for patreon, most dev are fucked up by patreon continuous T&C renewal,
causing their pages to be suspended and took weeks to negotiate for reactivation and if required,
remake ingame CGs to suite Patreon's *NEW* T&C (e.g. DS's BB, WA, bad bobby saga).
Therefore many dev avoid Patreon message board and post their more explicit content elsewhere.

I think in discord channel, Irphaeus and his fans had had their private chit chat and agreement
for the contents and ETA, therefore they are not in rage?
Because I remembered someone posted some of the chats regarding something like,

Irpha: i m almost done, but come up with somemore idea, so u wan more or just this?
fans: more more more
***so delayed***

As for us, the dudes outside their friend circle can only get jealous and speculate all milking and laziness conspiracy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Salomon108

Jun 11, 2017
Not sure about Discord, but for patreon, most dev are fucked up by patreon continuous T&C renewal,
causing their pages to be suspended and took weeks to negotiate for reactivation and if required,
remake ingame CGs to suite Patreon's *NEW* T&C (e.g. DS's BB, WA, bad bobby saga).
Therefore many dev avoid Patreon message board and post their more explicit content elsewhere.

I think in discord channel, Irphaeus and his fans had had their private chit chat and agreement
for the contents and ETA, therefore they are not in rage?
Because I remembered someone posted some of the chats regarding something like,

Irpha: i m almost done, but come up with somemore idea, so u wan more or just this?
fans: more more more
***so delayed***

As for us, the dudes outside their friend circle can only get jealous and speculate all milking and laziness conspiracy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I dont care if the dev delay the updates but the problem is if 8 month of work is in game 20 minutes well there is a problem and i talk not for irphaeus but for all the dev who practice this.

jacobianova

Jul 18, 2018
Honestly, I view the patreons as the ones making this possible. If it wasn't for them, the dev wouldn't have any motivation to work on this amazing story. If the patreons prefer, and are okay with the longer update, then that's how it should be. Even though I prefer more frequent updates as well, it makes no sense for the wants of pirates to overshadow the patreons' wants.
I think it's fine to complain about the updates and meme about how long its taking, but it's wrong to attack someone as lazy or a scam artist when they're clearing working on the product.

Ernanda

Dec 31, 2017
The problem is neither the content/quality nor the delays per se; it is the dev's communication strategy of the delays.

Reactions: Banish

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
Come on guys and girls... Let's have a little patience ... It does take time to put together a good story, game, or whatever else... I have been playing this one a while, and they have only put out two or maybe 3 updates a year... I takes time to do the renders, not to mention the animation... I myself have been working on an Adult Visual Novel, and I must say it takes a while... Just be patient, and when they are satisfied with the update, working out the bugs, it will be released...
Irphaeus is that you buddy?

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
Honestly, I view the patreons as the ones making this possible. If it wasn't for them, the dev wouldn't have any motivation to work on this amazing story. If the patreons prefer, and are okay with the longer update, then that's how it should be. Even though I prefer more frequent updates as well, it makes no sense for the wants of pirates to overshadow the patreons' wants.
I think it's fine to complain about the updates and meme about how long its taking, but it's wrong to attack someone as lazy or a scam artist when they're clearing working on the product.
I assume you meant "they are clearly working on the product".

Here is a great word, "competition", when multiple people are working to deliver a product/service that compete with one another they will be drawn to improve themselves because making a choice can negate another, Ford used to think they could release one new model per year until GM showed them otherwise, look at something like what happens with Treasure of Nadia, 15 days and they are so adamant about that time they keep a public countdown clock. Look at the average developer making these VN, they use Daz a 3D rendering software, they have to wait until each screenshot is properly rendered, this game of which I am a fan is done in real time, it has the luxury of cutting down these wait times, and if you look at the different games, Harem hotel, Solvalley, Mythic mansion, most of the times the lightning is barely accounted for, it remains pretty constant, so that's another shortcut.
7 months, went and most of them did so silently, right now in the midst of this emergency just in the USA there are 22 million people that become jobless and yet here is someone who has spent the last 7 months without delivering any update getting paid by 1214 people. Is shameful to spit at such (reckless) generosity.

Mistakes shouldn't be rewarded like this.

jacobianova

Jul 18, 2018

Here is a great word, "competition", when multiple people are working to deliver a product/service that compete with one another they will be drawn to improve themselves because making a choice can negate another, Ford used to think they could release one new model per year until GM showed them otherwise, look at something like what happens with Treasure of Nadia, 15 days and they are so adamant about that time they keep a public countdown clock. Look at the average developer making these VN, they use Daz a 3D rendering software, they have to wait until each screenshot is properly rendered, this game of which I am a fan is done in real time, it has the luxury of cutting down these wait times, and if you look at the different games, Harem hotel, Solvalley, Mythic mansion, most of the times the lightning is barely accounted for, it remains pretty constant, so that's another shortcut.
7 months, went and most of them did so silently, right now in the midst of this emergency just in the USA there are 22 million people that become jobless and yet here is someone who has spent the last 7 months without delivering any update getting paid by 1214 people. Is shameful to spit at such (reckless) generosity.

Not sure what you're nitpicking. "They're" is a contraction for "they are".

Yes, "competition" is a great word, and yes it drives companies to improve their product. But that drive is caused by consumer wants. You can't look at the result of improvement and ignore the forces driving it. Apple makes expensive products with lower specs yet they still stay in business. Their customers are getting what they want and are happy with what they're getting. The dev here is making long updates but the patreons are getting what they want. Someone even said his number of patreons are increasing. Whether you think he's getting paid too much or taking too long, that's your opinion. I'm just saying the patreons support this so that's how it should be. If I was working on a project and I had paying patreons who wanted one thing but pirates wanting the other, I wouldn't care what the pirates said.

• Angry
Reactions: DarkinScythe

alexiddd

Nov 5, 2017

True and not true.
You see, art is a very funny thing,
When you love it, you love it, and vice versa.
A famous example, Vincent van gogh,
His art pieces worth a shit when he was alive, but sold in billions after he is dead.
modern example would be fans buying their idols' product while other just download them from pirate sites.
Another famous example of artist delaying is the author for manga Hunter X Hunter,
with which he dare to take writer's block excuse and go for world tour, and his fans still buy for that
therefore you see, fans, fanatics, is it derived from that? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
True and not true.
You see, art is a very funny thing,
When you love it, you love it, and vice versa.
His art pieces worth a shit when he was alive, but sold in billions after he is dead.
modern example would be fans buying their idols' product while other just download them from pirate sites.
Another famous example of artist delaying is the author for manga Hunter X Hunter,
with which he dare to take writer's block excuse and go for world tour, and his fans still buy for that
therefore you see, fans, fanatics, is it derived from that? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I don't believe what I see, have you just compared Irphaeus to van Gogh? :oops:

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
It’s not about art at all, it’s worth it, that they gave it to him during his life, but to successful managers who are able to sell anything.
The game Star Citizen scored about $ 300 million on kickstarter and is still not ready at all, and people continue to buy spaceships worth several thousand dollars, what about such people if the release of the game has been delayed for 6 years already?

Richpry69

Aug 9, 2017
This thread is like 40% rando newbs asking wheres update and 55% immediately calling them a naive idiot. Makes it real hard to fucking find any actual information imo
There basically is no actual infromation. This is the last thing he said on discord:
Today at 8:35 PM
I'm out! I still need to work on adding sound and polishing some last scene, Vash still have script to review anyway, that I still need to send him. So we are very close from the release, no need to make an ETA, it's just about polishing and enhancing a bit everything, these details takes a bit of times.
Its basically the same shit he always says. "Almost done, just gotta finish one last scene and then vash has some stuff to finish." Its just that repeated week after week

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes