Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
OMG is this for real?:FacePalm::FacePalm:
ikr ... and I think you and a few others called it earlier in the thread.(y)

Maybe we should start a couple betting pools for this game? One on the date of the next delay and another on his next excuse.

Last edited:

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
don't forget that he said that he said that there would be a update in march and april xD
so the "delay" if you can call it that at the moment is already 1,5 months and is going to 2 months
and this will not be the last delay
Ofc, i was just saying about last one, but looking previous it's entire gallery of delays and excuses :)

Reactions: Reese286

yedwoo

May 31, 2018
PogChamp

Irphaeus:

I'm still writting the last scene and adding some bits, before sending everything to Vash. He still work on the previous script, but everything is coming together smoothly. I don't want to rush the last details since last time, I had to reupload a new version because of bugs and typo, so now that almost all is done I'm making everything right. You waited 6 months for it so It has to be perfect.

It's difficult to make people wait after so much delay, I feel bad and just want to release it, but last time proved that I should have waited a couple of day more to test all the update all over again.

I can do a time 'estimation' , I still needs probably 3 days of work before sending the final script, and Vash will probably require a week to correct everything(it's 116 pages), then when he gave me the script back I will need a couple of day to test everything and upload it. It's an estimation, it can be quicker or slighter longer. But it's exactly what I have left to do and what the update require to be released, no bullshit.
seeing how he said no bullshit in the end, he must be sick and tired reading comments LOL

BootyProfessor

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2017
Well, I guess it was foolish of me to believe an update would come out a month ago and then checking the site every other day with anticipation.:HideThePain:
Patrons are being played like a damn fiddle. I'm genuinely curious how long the dev can get away with giving them a yearly update. Lmao what a fraud.

spas

Jun 22, 2017
Well, I guess it was foolish of me to believe an update would come out a month ago and then checking the site every other day with anticipation.:HideThePain:
Patrons are being played like a damn fiddle. I'm genuinely curious how long the dev can get away with giving them a yearly update. Lmao what a fraud.
Well the legendary ICSTOR is going 1 update for 1 year and half so may the one try to broke the records

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
PogChamp

Irphaeus:

I'm still writting the last scene and adding some bits, before sending everything to Vash. He still work on the previous script, but everything is coming together smoothly. I don't want to rush the last details since last time, I had to reupload a new version because of bugs and typo, so now that almost all is done I'm making everything right. You waited 6 months for it so It has to be perfect.

It's difficult to make people wait after so much delay, I feel bad and just want to release it, but last time proved that I should have waited a couple of day more to test all the update all over again.

I can do a time 'estimation' , I still needs probably 3 days of work before sending the final script, and Vash will probably require a week to correct everything(it's 116 pages), then when he gave me the script back I will need a couple of day to test everything and upload it. It's an estimation, it can be quicker or slighter longer. But it's exactly what I have left to do and what the update require to be released, no bullshit.
TL;DR: delayed again. Only releasing when the patreon numbers start dropping

D

Deleted member 1954507

Would be nice if Patreon had a function that patrons could activate, that paused payments if an artist broke a deadline by more than X time, and/or if the artist post-poned a deadline and then broke that one too. The point to this would be that the artist would know that there is a consequence to stringing along people, if that happens.

Could let the patron choose to still pay monthly (maybe lower amount) and hold those funds to be payed to the artist if and when the overdue content is released. And the point would be to let the artist know that if they finish content there will be pay.

Generally, I think there should be options on Patreon and other likewise platforms for patrons to pay a little extra for content delivered, in addition to only pay for content promised.

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
Generally, I think there should be options on Patreon and other likewise platforms for patrons to pay a little extra for content delivered, in addition to only pay for content promised.
There is no way to quote text or insert a smiley on Patreon, pages load as fast as if the site is on the moon and connected via wi-fi.
Patreon is made for making money - the more we pay the developers, the more Patreon will receive, why should he give up his profit?

huybadada142

Apr 7, 2019
There is no way to quote text or insert a smiley on Patreon, pages load as fast as if the site is on the moon and connected via wi-fi.
Patreon is made for making money - the more we pay the developers, the more Patreon will receive, why should he give up his profit?
Cause it's not pay for buying product. It's pay each month for progress. But we see no progress at all. Instead, tons of bs :))

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
Cause it's not pay for buying product. It's pay each month for progress.
For a long time, all Internet services are aimed at simply paying constantly, and the fact that you did not receive anything in return is of no interest to anyone.
Irphaeus specially invented a bonus system so that it would not be profitable for you to stop paying and many bought it.

Reactions: witteb

simisimisimi

Feb 25, 2018
PogChamp

Irphaeus:

I've played this game like 10 months ago, i've not followed this thread for a long period and today I was checking if there were new update and.... o my god. I've catched up with everything and I'M LAUGHING SO HARD. Don't care if the update come today or tomorrow -I probably will forget about it-, but I really want to know what patreons think about all of this.
Guys give value to your money.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
It is a strange situation, honey select previously allowed him to pack in lots of content because of the low render time. now we have gone to zero content, it's as funny as it is sad.

Reactions: arms99 and Agrik
Mar 21, 2019
Would be nice if Patreon had a function that patrons could activate, that paused payments if an artist broke a deadline by more than X time, and/or if the artist post-poned a deadline and then broke that one too. The point to this would be that the artist would know that there is a consequence to stringing along people, if that happens.

Could let the patron choose to still pay monthly (maybe lower amount) and hold those funds to be payed to the artist if and when the overdue content is released. And the point would be to let the artist know that if they finish content there will be pay.

That would be a legal nightmare for patreon. There are shit tons of abandoned projects, and this kind of system would incentivise continued support for those. If the money is never paid out, what do you do with it? Let it sit somewhere and take a dip in it like Scrooge McDuck? How is it taxed, does it collect interest, what about transparency? Artist forfeits his claim to the pot when? Pages get closed for TOS violations, what happens to the floating cash?
Better not to get into that. Withholding cash from delinquent creators is already possible: Stop your pledge. I am not advocating for it, frankly I don't care what you do with your money, but to expect a complex solution from a platform for a problem you can solve with three clicks is kinda... lazy.
Thats what irritates me so much about the milking patrons thing. It's their choice, I am not taking it away from them, and neither should anyone else. Financial independence means making your own mistakes.
That said, I am a little sad to see another delay, it will be hard for the update to be amazing enough to fully make up for the last three months. Are any Discord users in here willing to share if there is a discussion going on about returning to shorter update cycles? He does seem to have issues with time management, and shorter update cycles force tighter constraints on him. Since I am a pretty scatterbrained guy, I prefer shorter deadlines for exactly that kind of reason. Might a good avenue of approaching the topic with him as well. (we talked about that in this thread about 70 pages and 10 lifetimes ago, I think, but then a tidal wave of delays and griefing rolled around)
Ultimately we all want the game to be finished in the best possible state, and for the creator to be rewarded for his work. But it might be a good idea to think about how the community, esp. on discord, can support him in other ways than money. Have a frank talk with him, see what can be done. Bad time management and lack of discipline are not one shot kill flaws, they are quite manageable, to be honest. But most of the strategies I know to combat them are external. Thats where you guys can come in.

Edit on a more funny note:
There's always the old trick used in college of using bigger font and spacing. hahaha
Arial 12.5 pt with 15 pt leading, 100% expanded and 1.125 margins can gain you up to 40% larger yield on your documents.
I taught at a college for a few years, and some of my idiots actually tried shit like that. Thats one of the reasons why I demanded digital versions on top of printouts and told them to go by wordcount. That was an automatic failing grade btw, so whoever thinks this is a good idea, it is not.
Also, yes, my students despised me.

Last edited:

Skosha

Dying Dream dev
Game Developer
Apr 3, 2017
You ask, I deliver

Irphaeus:
My issue is I need to makes smaller storyboard from the start, because what i was doing from the begining is to take 2 or 3 days and to add my scene and narratives, but what happened along the way is that new characters and new possiblites came along, while the story progress
So now filling 2 or 3 days is taking WAAAAY more works than in the first update
exactly, I can't keep the same pacing, so my goal is to keep what I said before and keeping a 3 month release update, no more 2 or 3 days
it's impossible in 3 months
Well it would be possible if i wasn't adding so many stuff.
But I like to fill every moment
So the next update(not the incoming one), will be 1 day with a part of the weekend, I want it to beout for August
Creating big update with gigantic content is fun to do but it actually hurt the game and my reputation also
if I lose people trust because of no update for month its not worth it, , this is why I need to change that, I wanted to always give much and do more but it's hurting me in the end.
I realised this the last update already but I thought by just working faster and much i could still release within 3-4 months... In the end I just added stuff over and over and created another gigantic update -_-
People have the right to be impatient it's my fault for having bad working method
I need to work on that

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
So the next update(not the incoming one), will be 1 day with a part of the weekend

Creating big update with gigantic content is fun to do but it actually hurt the game and my reputation also
What does this mean, next update will be 1 day or one day and a half?

Either way, I'm expecting at least 5 hours of new stuff from this upcoming update with gigantic content!!!! ;)Can't wait to play it!!!

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes