strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Gosh dang, I just came here to see why the game hasn't been updated for so long and instead I find drama :eek:. Something about the dev being unprofessional? Do I dare ask? Wild guess it's something related to the long time between updates?

Not gonna give an opinion, but I am out of the loop. Some of the comments didn't make sense, so I'm guessing others may have been deleted. If you wish to clarify, please give me the short version.
Eh, whenever a game is close to release it's F95 thread loses it's mind.
The dev said the next release will be in about a week and will cover two days and two nights (twice the size of the last one). There will also be a number of multiple path options like the tennis event.

Digitaler

May 4, 2017
Gosh dang, I just came here to see why the game hasn't been updated for so long and instead I find drama :eek:. Something about the dev being unprofessional? Do I dare ask? Wild guess it's something related to the long time between updates?

Not gonna give an opinion, but I am out of the loop. Some of the comments didn't make sense, so I'm guessing others may have been deleted. If you wish to clarify, please give me the short version.
Dev stated that game was completed around 65% in october and after that he kept delaying release until now(it's around 8 or more months since last release now),no one knows when it will come out,cause every time when release date approache's he delay's game for another 2 weeks,cause he need time to make a few adjustments/need more time for proofreading/testing

Dark_Templar

Aug 16, 2017
For ToN by NLT (quality game, try it if you haven't) who releases about 30min of content twice a month. If you go into HIS f95 thread the people there complain that there isn't enough content every release.

If you have an issue with long release windows I completely understand but I have to ask why you're posting here you find it so objectionable? Seems like a waste of your time.
Personally I don't care if he releases once a month or once a year, I am just pointing out that the dev uses studio neo and rendering, animations etc are not that difficult nor time consuming especially compared to DAZ. All the excuses and delays are highly questionable and other devs using neo are putting out more content in 2 months than this dev does in 6 months.

Still I have said it before I can't blame the guy, he is milking that sweet patreon money and if people are still willing to pay then that's on them for being suckers.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Personally I don't care if he releases once a month or once a year, I am just pointing out that the dev uses studio neo and rendering, animations etc are not that difficult nor time consuming especially compared to DAZ. All the excuses and delays are highly questionable and other devs using neo are putting out more content in 2 months than this dev does in 6 months.

Still I have said it before I can't blame the guy, he is milking that sweet patreon money and if people are still willing to pay then that's on them for being suckers.

Soooo why are you here then?

Tan Tze Han

Nov 2, 2018
I don't blame the developers for being lazy but the way Patreon Is setup just encourages developers to be less hardworking. Most often developers make games for passion, hence the quick update. Once the earlier spark has died down what is left to keep them going is the money. However, in Patreon, money is given monthly to the dev irrespective of game updates or releases. When anyone is put in a position where money can be gained while consuming the least energy, they would gratefully accept it.

Tho the delays and the lying is a separate matter which I think Irphaeus needs to work on.

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
Correct. In terms of content it will be roughly twice the size of the last update.
What do you get from lying?

He's not, just by the numbers he gave us in the latest update, those are almost the same in length as the previous 0.7 update, if not less

v0.7.0a > v0.8.0
-3++ ingame days of new content.(sun, mon, tue, night) > 2 days and 2 nights (-1 day)
-Added ~6000 lines of dialogue/script. > 5500 lines of dialogue/script (-500 lines)
-Added 36 new scenes with ~640 3D pictures. > 700 images (+60 images)
-Added 31 sex animation scene. > 40 animation scenes (+9 animation scenes since he didn't specify, just said animation scenes)

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
you mean more than 1 week not 1 more week right ?
Thats the last dev post, from May 27.

Irphaeus:

A slight more patience guys, we are at the very end of the readback/betatesting for that massive update, it's a mater of one week... Vash ,Chi and I are working on it everyday.

Meanwhile I'm also preparing now, and since several month the next update the 0.9.0
For comparison the actual(0.8.0) incoming update is about 41 differents scenes(each with an average 20~ 3D renders) for 2 days, 2 nights...

The 0.9.0 will be Friday and week end.
-Friday will be about 8 scenes
-Saturday 4
-Sunday 4
for a total of 16 scenes (plus the mandatory content that I can help to add at some point.)
So let's say 20 scenes ^^ It's still half than the incoming update, and the size of the update from one year ago.
It's my main challenge, to keep this that way, so next update won't be such a long run.(Tomoe path, Haruka story will finally kick off, Kayane and Yoko path will have major devellopement too)

I'm also thinking and working on other 'major' feature...
-The begining/introduction of the game need a rework, it's a bit rough, I have made progress in my renders and 'directing' since, so I will remake that part.
-The other thing is the Phoneapp, I still didn't had time to fill it and the game begin to be complicated with a lots of characters with background to follow.
-The last major feature I want to had it's VOICE during sex scene for all the girls.

I don't know if I'll manage to make all of these in the 0.9.0 but that's the plan for Waifu Academy next updateS.
But lets be honest, the dev tell's us for about 2 months he need 1 or 2 weeks more. So no i don't think there will be an update next week.

Okashii_Yo

Dec 31, 2019
Thats the last dev post, from May 27.

But lets be honest, the dev tell's us for about 2 months he need 1 or 2 weeks more. So no i don't think there will be an update next week.
Why does he want to REWORK the beginning, if the game isnt even done lol

Phone app is okay , i guess?

And voice.. could also be done if the game is done..

i dont get it lol.

Reactions: theultragaydude
4.10 star(s) 267 Votes