strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
What do you get from lying?
He's not, just by the numbers he gave us in the latest update, those are almost the same in length as the previous 0.7 update, if not less
Not being an asshole I went onto the discord and asked how .8 compares in size to .7 just the double check my information.
According to the editor of the script.

1590891950098.png

I'm not sure where you got your info from. I'll assume you just made a mistake rather than call you a liar.
It could be you got some old update. Irph has a habit of adding more and more content to his releases as time goes on, which is a big reason they take so long to come out.

Reactions: jacobianova

qkwjgn005

Jul 16, 2017
Not being an asshole I went onto the discord and asked how .8 compares in size to .7 just the double check my information.

View attachment 675987

I'm not sure where you got your info from. I'll assume you just made a mistake rather than call you a liar.
It could be you got some old update. Irph has a habit of adding more and more content to his releases as time goes on, which is a big reason they take so long to come out.
When meeting in a conference room, do you only get results in words? Or does it show results?

Richpry69

Aug 9, 2017

View attachment 675987

That info is from his patreon. He posted that April 22nd.

Richpry69

Aug 9, 2017
Yaaa... That really out of date. Some times Irph gets 'inspired' and next thing you know a ton more scenes get added.
I mean thats what he says happens but its not like he has been saying that hes been delaying since then to add more content. Its been mostly small additions from his word. Besides if its taken him 7 months to get to that point, how much do you think he could add in 1.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I mean thats what he says happens but its not like he has been saying that hes been delaying since then to add more content. Its been mostly small additions from his word. Besides if its taken him 7 months to get to that point, how much do you think he could add in 1.
Apparently quite a lot considering what Vash has said the script size has grown to.

Richpry69

Aug 9, 2017
Apparently quite a lot considering what Vash has said the script size has grown to.
I mean i guess you can take their word for it. For me, its more of a see it before i believe it thing since it took him from September to April to make a slightly bigger update images wise. I just don't think its likely to have grown that much regardless of what a "page" is. At this point whatever the amount of pages is, its still just 2 days. Its gonna take most people 1 afternoon to see all of the content even with the branching options. I'm just mainly worried about the future of this game. He doesn't even really have a plan for the next update seemingly. A few weeks ago he said that he was only gonna do 1 day updates every 3 months. Now he is saying 0.9 will be 3 days and if thats the plan the we can't really expect the update to come before the year is out. Then you consider that this is just one route of the story and he still has to go back and add the other karma routes considering the fact that karma doesn't really mean anything right now. Now he's talking about going back and "fixing" the intro and other shit thats just gonna add more time between updates that no even really asked for. Then he has another game after this one is done. I just don't see this game being finished if he has been working basically non stop like he said hes been.

But to be honest, I highly doubt he's been working on this non stop since September. He probably took like a couple months off. If he did then thats understandable from my point of view. Obviously people would complain but most people understand a dev needing a break. For example, Harem Hotel's dev explained that he needed a break after its last update and the vast majority of people understood and accepted it. I have a problem with him trying to frame it as if he's spent the last 9 months working nonstop and is taking so long because he is just keeps adding more and more. If he has double the storyboard size only for this update to be basically be normal sized then what was the initial plan.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I can certainly understand your concerns Richpry69. 8 months is very out of the ordinary for h-games funded by patreon.

I can only tell you they he's been active in discord and has been posting previews every months and keeping us informed about what he's doing. If you have doubts and want to see the proof in the pudding I think that's perfectly reasonable.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Hey, I mean the guy who made evangelion had the problem of being unable to finalize anything until the last second too. Like, he made changes right up until an episode got sent to air, that's why a bunch of episodes have differences between what aired and what as shown in that episode's preview.

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019

View attachment 675987

v0.7.0a
-3++ ingame days of new content.(sun, mon, tue, night)
-Reworked and more stylised, home menu, UI, and HUD.
-Tweaked/corrected many dialogue from the beginning. (Thanks to Rock)
-Updated and now fully functional Gallery and Scene. Replay feature
-Updated the homework quest menu.
-Added new transition effect to the begining of the game. (flash, cum etc)
-Added ~6000 lines of dialogue/script.
-Added 36 new scenes with ~640 3D pictures.
-Added 31 sex animation scene.
-Added 4 new musics, and 33 sounds/FX.
-Fixed many typos.
-Fixed choice menu bug after Motoko kick Otaku's nuts
-Fixed 'shingi' displaying 'sheila' name
0.8 content

Hello everyone! I hope you all are going ok in these trouble times.

I'm coming with good news to cheer you up I hope ^^, But first I want to apologize for the lack of post on Patreon, you know I'm limited by their enforced guidelines so I try to avoid posting things that may make me in trouble despite respecting their rules since the beginning. Still I understood I should show more activity and will try to do so, I hear you.

About the incoming update, it's been months... I'm delaying it week after week and can feel you guys disappointement in me, I totally understand it.
But I can't give you any more honest reason that it's because I just add more stuff and try to make everything perfect and enjoyable as possible.
I'm not delaying the update for any other reason that I always feel the need to enhance my work every time I'm testing and review it, I just can't help to add a new dialogue here, a new scene there, rework a bit some animation etc.
I agree with you it's not very professional and I apologize, but at least you get the best of what I can deliver everytime.
This is something that matter a lot to me, I really want you to understand that I'm not fooling around or abusing your trust. I really hope you believe me.

Here the 0.8.0 ETA :
-Storyboard goes from 150 to 170% (after I added new scene during morning, and afternoon .)
-3D rendering and Animation 100%
-Dialogue 80% (the first day, the night, and half of 2nd day is done)(obviously since I have added new scene the overall dialogue increased so the progress didn't moved a lot)
-Scripting 80% (It progress the same pace as writing so both will be finished together.)
-Feature 100% (Chie and other Bees are just waiting for me to add the feature.)
-Sound/Music 80% (I have gatherd everything l need, I will just need a couple of days to add everything and test it in the final phase.) -Proofreading/Beta testing 80%

The script/dialogue jumped from 29500 lines to 35000+ lines in one update. The update is around 700+ new pictures and a breaking record of 40 new animated scenes featuring more than 10 waifus. The script also feature 8 different choises menu with various outcomes (lewds, funs, fails)

Does this update will worth your wait? I'm sure you will enjoy it! Does this update could have been made in less than 6 months, Yes but at what cost...?

The update is coming within two weeks, It just can't be made faster... Giving a shorter estimation will just makes you disappointed if it need a bit of delay again.

Thanks for your support and trust, please enjoy previews of some scene I stacked in the update ^^

View attachment 628461
I'll help you with the math since I don't think you are good with numbers. Lines went from 29500 to 35000, so 5500 lines

Yaaa... That really out of date. Some times Irph gets 'inspired' and next thing you know a ton more scenes get added.
1 month ago is out of date? So the update was the same size as the previous one after 7 months, but it somehow managed to become 2.5-3 times larger in 1 month? Irphaeus is a GOD

Stop insulting our intelligence please

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
When the guy literally posted an update a week ago, yes, 1 month ago is out of date :)
Great, the facepalm spammer shill. Did he say anything about adding new stuff compared to the update from April? May has been all about betatesting broken stuff, not adding new scenes. Not everybody is braindead to believe that

Don't worry, I'll answer my rhetorical question

Number of scenes went up by 1 (from 40 in April to 41 in May), same number of days (2 days and 2 nights), no mention about increasing the number of lines from 5500 to 15000 (2.5 times of the previous update of 6000) or 18000 (3 times the previous update); or the number of scenes going to 77 (2.5 times of 31) or 93 (3 times)

Irphaeus:

A slight more patience guys, we are at the very end of the readback/betatesting for that massive update, it's a mater of one week... Vash ,Chi and I are working on it everyday.

Meanwhile I'm also preparing now, and since several month the next update the 0.9.0
For comparison the actual(0.8.0) incoming update is about 41 differents scenes(each with an average 20~ 3D renders) for 2 days, 2 nights...

The 0.9.0 will be Friday and week end.
-Friday will be about 8 scenes
-Saturday 4
-Sunday 4
for a total of 16 scenes (plus the mandatory content that I can help to add at some point.)
So let's say 20 scenes ^^ It's still half than the incoming update, and the size of the update from one year ago.
It's my main challenge, to keep this that way, so next update won't be such a long run.(Tomoe path, Haruka story will finally kick off, Kayane and Yoko path will have major devellopement too)

I'm also thinking and working on other 'major' feature...
-The begining/introduction of the game need a rework, it's a bit rough, I have made progress in my renders and 'directing' since, so I will remake that part.
-The other thing is the Phoneapp, I still didn't had time to fill it and the game begin to be complicated with a lots of characters with background to follow.
-The last major feature I want to had it's VOICE during sex scene for all the girls.

I don't know if I'll manage to make all of these in the 0.9.0 but that's the plan for Waifu Academy next updateS.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017
Thanks for the compliments!!! I like to develop the idea in order to generate more clarity on the people when they are interpreting it. Although it may lose the forcefulness that short answers have, it gives a better explanation of the argument that you are giving. Regarding your points, here are my answers:

1- Totally agree with you. As was remarked before, due to the space in which we are, I had to have used the definition of cynicism given by an Anglo-Saxon-speaking dictionary, although this differs substantially from that given by the RAE (to be honest, the definition in Spanish helped more strengthen the point I was trying to build, which I consider correct due to its official nature in our language). I will take this point into account and try to use the definitions given by English dictionaries in the future so as not to create confusion.

2- In this case I recognize that using the word "game" was wrong, as this refers to all the versions released so far and it is a bit excessive and radical on my part to use this term to build my point. The correct word in this case would be the "new update" since it is here that the greatest number of criticisms and discontent have arisen to reach a critical point; Although there had already been complaints in previous versions of the game due to the way the author carries out his work, they had not been presented in the amount and in the seriousness of the accusations that are currently made. So, if you allow me to correct my previous statement a bit, it would be rather: "the people who are against their way of working of the dev would not play the new update until they saw that the author keeps his words and that he has improved the aspects that they emphasize "

3- This is a more complicated point. As I said earlier, piracy does not bring an economic benefit to the author. Still, I consider my point was incomplete. By itself it does not bring economic gains to the author, but in the case of this forum it is different: as you remark, this site invites you to support the creator if you like his work, and also serves as a space for people interested in Playing these kinds of video games build your own opinion on whether it's worth downloading and supporting the author. So the comments left in this forum influence the decision of the person when supporting different creators. Even so, this remains on a suggestion plane since there is always the choice to continue downloading it for free and the fact of contributing financially is at your free will.

I really do not think I have refuted your points here. Rather, I feel that they helped me a lot to better build my points exposed before, for which I am grateful for your response. I'm glad to find people who develop their ideas and respond in a polite way. I hope you are well in this critical moment that we are all living. Stay safe.
Thanks for your reply!! As you have said, though you did not refute my points you did develop them to the point where it went from "x people are hypocrites" into "I believe that such action could mean this and that". I was able to follow your train of thought and though I might not agree 100% with the conclusion, I can totally accept it regardless.
Thanks for your eloquence, and keep staying safe! Cheers from Arg.

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
Wait Wait Wait, how did i mist post about 0.9 and even more important how the @%@$ he speak already about 0.9 when he still milking patrons on 0.8 delays ??? So what will be later on ? he will talk about how gr8 game ending he have when he still need "just 2 weeks more" to finish curent upd ?

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes