Razzar

Nov 5, 2018
Despite many people feeling blue balls, I liked the scenes in this update.

What bothers me is the change of the MC that is really far from the initial darkmind manipulative guy. It's like now he's openly living the normal teenager life + continuation of the old plot.

I wouldn't have never expected to read "I love you" and things like that from him. No more use of the notebook to keep track of his own quests and recap things to manipulate. The whole initial setting almost disappeared.
I agree with you in the fact that the protagonist was separated from what he was originally and I must say that I do not like the path that magic and chemistry are taking. In what I am not agreed on is the latter, it is clear that the intentions of the protagonist with Takamura are different from those he has with the other characters. From the beginning we are presented with a relationship of empathy on the part of the author but nothing else, even the protagonist had nothing against her and only helps her because she saved him on the train. But it seems that the author wants to take the relationship between the two of them on the romantic path, apparently in this update. For me it was a bit rushed but it seems that after the previous update there was a lot of demand for that character. I agree that he was given priority to other characters (such as Minami, the girl athletes, Asuka or Sheila) and that if the author wanted a love relationship to develop, the interaction between the two should be slower. But hey, the past is past.

Conclusion the romance between them is well planned but poorly executed for reasons that are not of my interest.

cl0ckw3rk

Jan 3, 2018
I hate to pile on a bandwagon, but last update there was potential and it seems to be squandered now. I agree with the borderline-NTR sentiments as much as anyone else, but that's neither here nor there compared to other issues. I was even more disturbed at the fact that there was not even a single H scene with Sheila. Did I make a bad choice or some shit? Not only is she my personal favorite, but THE MC LIVES WITH HER! How is there no content there? He just went home and straight to sleep every night? SURE BUD.

A cohesive game does not push characters off to the side unless it's genuinely part of the story. It seems to me this update is just life support meant to keep the game from dying completely. Maybe there will be an update soon with content for the ignored characters, but as of right now it just seems to me he was sidelining characters because he was in a rush to create content that progressed the story.

Also, every single bit of story progression was objectively terrible.
But if people are bored of Sheila and are waiting for other characters to get their sex scenes, then they'll be bored with the new update. The problem with a cast of characters this big is that you'll never please everyone. Some people will be unsatisfied because their favourite girl only gets 1-2 sex scenes, some people will be unsatisfied because they had to wait 10 updates, etc. I'm in the camp that prefers story progression because I want Haruka, Shirohime, and Kayane already. Seeing Minami again this week was boring. I've also seen enough of Sheila at this point.

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
K, There is Maim's paywalled post. I note Main, isn't the one who uploads the game here. But where is the 8.0b file or patch?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for that. Not that I'm doubting Lain here, but the changelog in the OP says the only thing changed from 8.0a to 8.0b was that typos were fixed. Did the Dev change a bunch of stuff and not document it?

Razzar

Nov 5, 2018
But if people are bored of Sheila and are waiting for other characters to get their sex scenes, then they'll be bored with the new update. The problem with a cast of characters this big is that you'll never please everyone. Some people will be unsatisfied because their favourite girl only gets 1-2 sex scenes, some people will be unsatisfied because they had to wait 10 updates, etc. I'm in the camp that prefers story progression because I want Haruka, Shirohime, and Kayane already. Seeing Minami again this week was boring. I've also seen enough of Sheila at this point.
If anything we can say is that Sheila, Minami and Asuka are the characters with the most and best scenes so far.The sports club is the author's next focus but I hope to have some content from the gyaru since she is also in volleyball. If your wish will be fulfilled soon xD. Although surely we will have more of Minami since she is also involved in the secret of the room where they keep the sports equipment.

A doubt that I have. Why did the characters believe that the protagonist liked Motoko?
Until now he is a character with very few interactions with the protagonist and until now he has the level of a completely secondary character. And I am bearing in mind that she is the cornerstone between the Zaibatsu and the Tendo. Its development is close to zero compared to its importance in history.

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
does anyone have the win/linux link for v0.8.0b?
the mac version in the thread seems to have been updated to it already but the win/linux version is still on v0.8.0a

Last edited:

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
OK so the update is FULL with content(even though on paper it says its JUST 2 in game days it has WAY more than that comparing to the last update) with a LOT of dialogue and events that moves the plot forward (which is probably im guessing the main reason the update took so long) lots of choices that give different scenarios and lots of choices leading to optional sex or lewd scenes(Like man there are about 17+ lewd scenes with 9 or more different girls or more from what I have played when choosing the different choices)...Haruka FINALLY gets some screen time and some more characterization! Yes! I feel that I can understand why the game took so long with all the sex scenes and all the time I think he had to sort out his messy plot and how to advance it forward... I guess waiting 6-9 months will be the new update release speed for the dev. I dont know if the dev even comes to the thread anymore but I just wanted to say this was a GREAT update and to keep soldiering on
Why are you lying? What sences? Where?

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
Jeez guys can you at least calm yourself down and rethink what you want to say before writing review.
Yes, this definitely wasn't enough after 8 months of waiting and Yes Irpha is milking this game(we can't be sure if intentionally or not tho).
But last 3 reviews are just so dumb and funny. You can just feel how pissed these people are. It made me lough so bad. I am not sure why they are trying to be so edgy. But i give you pro tip don't be like that not just at this forum but anywhere else (even IRL). You just looks like retard or 14 years old (if it's not the same).

Vertius review:
A promising premise, however, misleading. Let me correct it for the Author.
"In Waifu Academy, you play as a pathetic loser with dreams of revenge, but instead of actually accomplishing anything, he is made into everyone's bitch."

I mean it might be true but why the fuck he wrote it in such a cringe, edgy way xd.

anonj73's review where he is just shit talking everything the game was praised for before. All that ridiculous nonsenses are in his opinion dumb and illogical.

This game is literally trying to be ecchi, comedy, harem anime of course it's filled with retarded bullshits. It always was that's why so many people like it.

Anyway I know this will possibly pissed lots of people who are enjoying ride on the hate train (possibly deserved, I can't fight it) but please think before you do anything else.
Hey, i heard you polish for your polish. Mind if i polish your polish? I mean white knights need to shine right? :p

• Thinking Face
Reactions: GoldenBoi

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
He doesn't even review his plan anymore, or go over what he learned to formulate what he does next. He's just flying by whatever stupid thing he can come up with at the time. He used to plot out specific points for every person of interest and he's not doing that anymore.

Honestly he's taking on too much. He keeps trying to deal with both the school and the Yakuza stuff and is getting caught out at every turn because of it. When he should be concentrating on just the school, then going after Shiroshune
Nah its just bad writing. Dev lost their writer most likely.

Razzar

Nov 5, 2018
I'd be fine with Faris getting some ass, as long as it's Yoko's. As far as I'm concerned, he can get Inori too. As long as the real main girls-- Asuka, Shiela, Takamura, and Motoko don't get fucked by anyone else, it's alright.
The protagonist is a dog carrying Inori with the Paris bullshit. If he did nothing to her, the mc was awarded with Inori. If he did something to her, the father is the chief of Police.
I really do not know what to think of Yoko. Her personality shits me.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes