lf2mr

Sep 7, 2019
0.8.0b in two places bloodsplats.ogg, leads to an error. There is no such file, there is bloodsplat.ogg

Diemond

Jan 25, 2019
feels like it has much less content than the previous update, 9 month is just ridiculous, I feel more and more that patreon is just fucking scam. 90% of devs start with great ideas and speed, after few month they just do whatever they want and make excuses.
When they see all that money coming in and people keep paying for nothing, they start to scam because they know people will pay for excuses. i just hope we get a update by christmas.

Reactions: rawr52 and arms99

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Man, am I the only one who thinks that a VN is just a worse way of making a game? I enjoy much more the little freedom you have to roam around, to select the girl you wanna interact with and the small management stuff those kind of games bring in. For example, Solvalley School, is like Waifu Academy, but you have the freedom to decide some things, and to stop, while a VN is just uninterrupted text and scenes. Personally, there are plenty of VNs that I'd love to play, but don't, just because I dislike the VN format.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Man, am I the only one who thinks that a VN is just a worse way of making a game?
Depends on what you see as a game. It is certainly a good way to make a novel.
The thing with those games with "freedom" is, they usually don't have very much freedom, as in, they end up being a lot of small VNs and you can choose the order you progress in them.
Or they lack meaningful interaction.

I think "Harem Hotel" would a good (in the positive sense) example of that, and actually has that interaction - but it's also work.
All those things a player could do are more work for the developer, more potential for bugs, and, unless everyone does the same in a roughly similar order, aka, what you don't want, it slows down development.

Personally, I really like VNs, for the story they often contain as well as the content, and that a lot of content creators are actually... kinda, let's say mediocre, at game design. But when it comes to comparison with what I play in my free time outside of the content on these forums, I usually wouldn't consider them games.
I still enjoy them, I'd just see it as closer to a book.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes