Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Man, am I the only one who thinks that a VN is just a worse way of making a game? I enjoy much more the little freedom you have to roam around, to select the girl you wanna interact with and the small management stuff those kind of games bring in. For example, Solvalley School, is like Waifu Academy, but you have the freedom to decide some things, and to stop, while a VN is just uninterrupted text and scenes. Personally, there are plenty of VNs that I'd love to play, but don't, just because I dislike the VN format.
I'm the opposite. I don't think sandbox for adult games work well, especially considering that we're only getting bits and pieces per update. Sandbox works for a full-version game because everything is already there. A sandbox game that is built from the ground up makes the game feels far too empty and it doesn't offer anything that VN cannot.

Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
I'm the opposite. I don't think sandbox for adult games work well, especially considering that we're only getting bits and pieces per update. Sandbox works for a full-version game because everything is already there. A sandbox game that is built from the ground up makes the game feels far too empty and it doesn't offer anything that VN cannot.
What about Corruption?

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
If the dev returns to a normal update schedule, or at least reasonable, I probably will start over, at some point. But, for now, since I have no clue how long it will be till the next update, I see no reason in starting over at this point.
Reason: I've done that in the past, with other games...start over, wait 8 months, start over again, wait 8 months, start over again...and it kinda just makes more sense to me to just wait and see if it starts getting back on a normal schedule, so I don't replay from the beginning over and over again. lol
Then I would say just wait for a complete tag. It coul'd be awhile, but I will play the portions as they come (my preference)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FookU2

sheetkaroo

Mar 7, 2019
That's a lot of compression to the archive.rpa file. I hope quality doesn't suffer. Was this done by the developer or by the uploader?
most likely the dev. probably his patreons complain about it so he compress it. doesnt make sense for the new update to add so much file size over the previous version anyway - 0.8.0a is so rushed he probably didnt have time to do it

Reactions: meeman

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
If the dev returns to a normal update schedule, or at least reasonable, I probably will start over, at some point. But, for now, since I have no clue how long it will be till the next update, I see no reason in starting over at this point.
Reason: I've done that in the past, with other games...start over, wait 8 months, start over again, wait 8 months, start over again...and it kinda just makes more sense to me to just wait and see if it starts getting back on a normal schedule, so I don't replay from the beginning over and over again. lol
Then all I can say is - don't play games without a complete tag. You have no assurance any game will progress beyond it's initial release unless you follow the game and see where it goes. To expect every game to reach completion is probably unrealistic, but that is why we follow and see where they go...

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
Anyone know when Gallery Mod will be updated?

(Not trying to rush know it takes time, just wanting to know and hope)

Could not find answer other then it used to only take a few days usually. (not saying this should have been kept, things happen, real life important etc... just saying that was the only answers I could find through a few searches).

bosa43

Oct 20, 2017
Any know what the last minami scene is in the gallery? I can't see to click on it and I don't see it on the walkthrough

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Anyone know when Gallery Mod will be updated?

(Not trying to rush know it takes time, just wanting to know and hope)

Could not find answer other then it used to only take a few days usually. (not saying this should have been kept, things happen, real life important etc... just saying that was the only answers I could find through a few searches).
The 08b update just says bugfixes but apparently a lot has changed under the hood so the mod will take some extra time. IIRC

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
The 08b update just says bugfixes but apparently a lot has changed under the hood so the mod will take some extra time. IIRC
ya figured as much, thanks for reply.
I was just curious if there been a update or any talk as to a general how long.

like a few more days / a week / a month /months (assumingly unlikely, but lol if .9 comes out around time of .8 mod :D :( highly highly doubt just saying be funny in a quite bad but still slightly good way) ---> really again assume this not possible or to happen.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
I don't mind a sandbox, but it only works well when you are telling a loose story, otherwise you end up with side events that were meant to get triggered early not getting triggered until later and the dialog no longer makes sense, and other such inconsistencies. It's funny the brought up solvalley, because that game literally has no main plot, just individual routes with all the girls that sometimes cross over. A game like this wouldn't really work in that format.

• Angry
Reactions: makcim334

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
No, she's been teased for the next update (wich doesn't mean we gonna get lewd content with her per say)
Cool, I was hoping she'd eventually play a bit of a part in the story. Feels like she's the only classmate that hasn't featured much yet other than few cameo here and there.

Reactions: Reivandia
4.10 star(s) 266 Votes