ShakthiKutty

Oct 18, 2020
This appeared on my screen after Isabel and Lily scene. During the flashback of what happened before some months. Johnny was in flashback. Then suddenly this error appeared. Could someone help me with this pls.

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
what engine mix exactly is being used here? I don't mean to sound rude but with the amount of money this game made, there is simply no excuse to have one updated every 6 months if at all. I'm not a game maker so hell, maybe all that money isn't enough to keep making new content.
Don't know exactly what you are asking but as per the title tag, this game is made in Ren'Py, the images themselves however are made using a "game" called Honey Select(HS) made by a company called Illusion with a bunch of mods added to it, and are just that, regular images, they take time in the sense that you have to assemble the scene and a bit more if you decide to pose the character how you like it instead of using the premade poses the game comes with, but there's no extra rendering whatsoever since HS is running in real-time(since it's technically a game), and there's no post-processing(ie. Photoshop) either on the finished images as far as I know.

The bulk of the delays in this game(as per the author claims), is the writing, which I can sort of relate since I can't write shit myself(but still), and the re-tweak of already made scenes because they're not up to quality(again according to the author).

But all said and done, yes, as it currently is, there is indeed no regular excuse to have one updated every 6 months if at all.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Don't know exactly what you are asking but as per the title tag, this game is made in Ren'Py, the images themselves however are made using a "game" called Honey Select(HS) made by a company called Illusion with a bunch of mods added to it, and are just that, regular images, they take time in the sense that you have to assemble the scene and a bit more if you decide to pose the character how you like it instead of using the premade poses the game comes with, but there's no extra rendering whatsoever since HS is running in real-time(since it's technically a game), and there's no post-processing(ie. Photoshop) either on the finished images as far as I know.

The bulk of the delays in this game(as per the author claims), is the writing, which I can sort of relate since I can't write shit myself(but still), and the re-tweak of already made scenes because they're not up to quality(again according to the author).

But all said and done, yes, as it currently is, there is indeed no regular excuse have one updated every 6 months if at all.
His stories are always worth the wait even if as i recall hes had issue with writers block. Biggest issue was him hitting Patreon goal to expand into the Karma system so he wasnt The Flash with releasing content in the first place with a linear novel as is but now hes got THREE paths to try and plan and script out, it really slowed everything down but its his style to only do an update every six months or so. I know he planned on hiring someone to help programmig side and thus up the pace somewhat but not sure if that ever happened or not.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
This appeared on my screen after Isabel and Lily scene. During the flashback of what happened before some months. Johnny was in flashback. Then suddenly this error appeared. Could someone help me with this pls.
not using the current version might have this effect.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I just signed up to support this game on Patreon. I spent the majority of yesterday and a few hours today playing through part of the content that has been written to date. And it was every bit as enjoyable as the previous times I have played through the content. The next update will come when it comes. For everyone who wants to whine about how long it is taking, I have to ask the question ... have you ever developed anything? If not, please respect those who actually have done the work.

Quality work on this level, especially if you are a perfectionist, takes a long time. And game releases that are the size of the releases that are produced on this game are especially complex and involved. When there are multiple branches involved, that adds to the order of magnitude of work, because each branch has to be written with content specific to it, and it has to make sense. That, and it has to be consistent with the actions leading up to it. GOOD . WORK . TAKES . TIME. Deal with it.

Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
I just signed up to support this game on Patreon. I spent the majority of yesterday and a few hours today playing through part of the content that has been written to date. And it was every bit as enjoyable as the previous times I have played through the content. The next update will come when it comes. For everyone who wants to whine about how long it is taking, I have to ask the question ... have you ever developed anything? If not, please respect those who actually have done the work.

Quality work on this level, especially if you are a perfectionist, takes a long time. And game releases that are the size of the releases that are produced on this game are especially complex and involved. When there are multiple branches involved, that adds to the order of magnitude of work, because each branch has to be written with content specific to it, and it has to make sense. That, and it has to be consistent with the actions leading up to it. GOOD . WORK . TAKES . TIME. Deal with it.
You know, we have already had this debate numerous times. The issue isn't the time it takes to make the update. The issues are:
1 - "When I reach more than 700 Patrons, I hire a programer to help me on Waifu Academy script,menu and features." ~ This never happened, at least, not that I can remember.
2 - His communication, it doesn't take much time to go on discord or patreon, especially Patreon, to post a quick update. Not necessarly a picture but just a quick "I did that today". I don't pay and I'll never despite the quality because of that.
3 - He is freestyling. He is a "perfectionist" but he doesn't have a defined, clear story already written. It takes a long time because he works on an update then isn't satisfied by the pacing, the writing, the narration, ... then do it again. Not from scratch, of course, but still.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
You know, we have already had this debate numerous times. The issue isn't the time it takes to make the update. The issues are:
I don't pay and I'll never despite the quality because of that.
And that's your right.

3 - He is freestyling. He is a "perfectionist" but he doesn't have a defined, clear story already written. It takes a long time because he works on an update then isn't satisfied by the pacing, the writing, the narration, ... then do it again. Not from scratch, of course, but still.
Well, whatever you want to call it, the output is amazing. Maybe a long time in coming, but it does come. I would rather that he do exactly that, play the game, evaluate the experience, and make changes as needed. That is, I think, what makes this probably one of the top games on F95zone right now. especially from a single developer. Everybody can't be Mr. Dots, Palmer [R.I.P.], or Ptolemy, given that they have teams. He's not gonna please everyone, but I sure like the game, and I like it enough that I have already played it through multiple times and found it entertaining each time. I can't say that about many of the games out there right now.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes