Feb 5, 2021
People keep saying that the dev is "milking it", which is definitely plausible, but I don't see the logic behind that strategy.

It would make sense if he only planned on making one game and then disappearing forever, but he already has plans for another game, "Waifu Hunter". Once he's done with Waifu Academy, he could simply start working on Waifu Hunter and I'm sure that most of his patrons would continue pledging since they liked his first game.

But if milking it is indeed his strategy, then he has permanently tarnished his reputation as a developer and made himself untrustworthy. He has made people hesitant to become a patron.

I just finished this game 3 days ago and I fucking loved it. Easily the best game on this site alongside Harem Hotel. After completing it I immediately came here to check out the creator's Patreon and pledge, only to find out that the latest update was nearly a year ago. He lost out on a potential patron through all of these delays, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.
He has to have also been losing patrons for the past year, right? I've read on this thread a bunch of people who were once patrons but cancelled their pledges due to all of the delays. He has to have noticed, right? I wonder if he drops below a certain monthly income, he'll get his shit together and actually work on the game?

He probably IS milking it, but in the long term, that's just the dumbest fucking strategy I've ever seen. Because if he DOES get around to finishing this game, and even if I am looking forward to his next game, I'm still not going to consider pledging, whereas otherwise, I would have.

Reactions: Yasuo Reynald

Jazzgeoff

Sep 15, 2017
People keep saying that the dev is "milking it", which is definitely plausible, but I don't see the logic behind that strategy.

It would make sense if he only planned on making one game and then disappearing forever, but he already has plans for another game, "Waifu Hunter". Once he's done with Waifu Academy, he could simply start working on Waifu Hunter and I'm sure that most of his patrons would continue pledging since they liked his first game.

But if milking it is indeed his strategy, then he has permanently tarnished his reputation as a developer and made himself untrustworthy. He has made people hesitant to become a patron.

I just finished this game 3 days ago and I fucking loved it. Easily the best game on this site alongside Harem Hotel. After completing it I immediately came here to check out the creator's Patreon and pledge, only to find out that the latest update was nearly a year ago. He lost out on a potential patron through all of these delays, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.
He has to have also been losing patrons for the past year, right? I've read on this thread a bunch of people who were once patrons but cancelled their pledges due to all of the delays. He has to have noticed, right? I wonder if he drops below a certain monthly income, he'll get his shit together and actually work on the game?

He probably IS milking it, but in the long term, that's just the dumbest fucking strategy I've ever seen. Because if he DOES get around to finishing this game, and even if I am looking forward to his next game, I'm still not going to consider pledging, whereas otherwise, I would have.
I haven't checked it out myself but a few people have mentioned on here that his patrons have actually gone up over the last year. Also a couple of other developers have already proven that if you start a successful game, gather patrons and then just stop making the game people will continue to support you for a really long time. so if you are bringing in lets say 100k a year and you can do that for 3 years without doing anything, that sounds like a pretty damn good strategy for a selfish person.

Whilst it might seem that any sane person would react as you did and not support the guy that doesn't seem to be the reality.

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018

"Waifu Hunter" was announced in 2018, back when the updates were coming at a regular pace. Some of these devs don't plan to end up milking their game.
I assume most start with good honest intentions to make something they would like, but as time goes on they lose interest, or can't come up with a good way to keep on, and is not like they just plan on start milking at a particular moment in time, it just sorts of happens over time.
Do you know how a student will keep postponing that question at a test in hopes that somehow he will remember the answer until the time is nearly over and he just can't keep it up anymore? I think is something similar.
And the problem gets more aggravating when they surround themselves with people who just say is good regardless of anything that happens, they enclose in this bubble where no critics, suggestion, question, or any kind of comment that might have even the slightest negative connotation is allowed, and so they keep on going with this false sense that what they are doing is all right.

Red Sand

Aug 6, 2016
they usually just end up making a new patreon under a different name if they haven't already.
I'm pretty sure it's been done several times before there's no way to prove it but there are a bunch of abandoned games that look kind of similar. there's also been times when some developers would just copy someone else's game and just replaced a few things.
also can't remember what game it was but it had the same save location of a different game which was kind of funny. :ROFLMAO:

good times....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Pagliano and Jarul

AshLoo

May 6, 2018

But the Dev still not so active at all

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
Hey, can someone who has played this game let me know if it's possible to play in a way that "Only MC" gets the girls?
Looking at the Tag's it seems like it would be fair to assume it is "Only MC" (Only the MC is getting action with his LI's or girls).

However, I've seen several comments stating that there is NTR or Sharing (though neither is tagged). Is this one of those titles that camouflage that kinda stuff behind 'flashbacks' or under Voyeurism or Group tags?

Dev can do what he wants, and I'm not complaining either way. I just want to know if it's worth my time as someone who doesn't enjoy seeing those things.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hey, can someone who has played this game let me know if it's possible to play in a way that "Only MC" gets the girls?
Looking at the Tag's it seems like it would be fair to assume it is "Only MC" (Only the MC is getting action with his LI's or girls).

However, I've seen several comments stating that there is NTR or Sharing (though neither is tagged). Is this one of those titles that camouflage that kinda stuff behind 'flashbacks' or under Voyeurism or Group tags?

Dev can do what he wants, and I'm not complaining either way. I just want to know if it's worth my time as someone who doesn't enjoy seeing those things.
At the moment there is one rape scene, which u can prevent, or better said if u don't prevent it, it is a game over.
There are 3 different routes planned high, neutral, low karma, low karma the one which will lead to sharing, rape etc...
But currently there is only the neutral route and the karma-system isn't implemented yet.

The dev said, he will first finish the game on the neutral path, then high karma, lastly low karma...so by all means, it is questionable if we will ever see high/low karma paths.

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
At the moment there is one rape scene, which u can prevent, or better said if u don't prevent it, it is a game over.
There are 3 different routes planned high, neutral, low karma, low karma the one which will lead to sharing, rape etc...
But currently there is only the neutral route and the karma-system isn't implemented yet.

The dev said, he will first finish the game on the neutral path, then high karma, lastly low karma...so by all means, it is questionable if we will ever see high/low karma paths.

Thanks for the info.

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018

Here's a recount of the scenes that may be potential trouble for you, although only the first one has content that can be NTR, some people may still have problems with some of these depending on how much you can tolerate certain situations, spoilers at your leisure.

I sure love Waifu Academy! Best game ever!

Apparently responding to and recommending much better games similar to this trash, scam dev's Waifu Academy gets removed for being off topic. How fun lol

Pale Carnations
Once in a Lifetime
The Headmaster

Suck it, mods.
I mean, they are off-topic, you're not talking about the game per see, if you wanted some recommendations you should've used the appropriate forum section that we have for that.

Came here for my monthly check-in. Yup, still no update
You may have better luck by doing it yearly.

Last edited:

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
Thanks, Deimacos for the super awesome and detailed explanation!
I wish I could double 'Like' your post, it's very clear and gives good information.
Serious Kudos to you.

As for the game, I think I'll probably pass.

The NTR as a plot element, in the beginning, is not really a big deal to me, neither is the idea of other couples existing or having 'happy times'.

However, content as you describe like the "sister's side-job", "Rooftop BJ" & "Principles locker room" just ruin any interest I have in those characters as pursuable interests. I don't really enjoy stories that focus on or try to skirt the idea of the LI's having an active sex life (that doesn't involve MC).

Seems like this is one of those games where the Tags don't tell nearly the whole story.
Thanks again for the info.

Good luck to the Dev.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes