Skosha

Dying Dream dev
Game Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Irphaeus: I'm sending a large part of the script to Vash today:)
He still have one big scene to readback and enhance though
it was in 3 big parts, 2 parts are fully down and compiled in the update, the last part is big i send him scene per scene, it's still 20-30 pages with 100+ renders
'only' 2 scenes left for readback/compiling... it's something like ~80pages

If i try to do the precog... I guess Vash will need 3 days for that readback, then another 3 days for the next one, and i will need 2-3 days to pack everything up, then one last day to upload the 2gb of the game

Though this is always like this... Everything almost finished the huge parts, render/writing/scripting. But these last polish, compiling, bug testing, sound, transition etc, takes always so much times!
It's horrible because you feel like you don't actually do anything, the whole content is made up since months, and you can't release anything in that state.
It's frustrating

Q: I know but its been almost one year since last update, in the future maybe you can think on release smaller patch like 1 day (game play) instead of 2-3

A: Yes, the thing is, with the quality i reached and the goal I put myself, If i release something small it will still takes me 3months and be crazy shorts
This is what mostly happened and made me lost a lot of time with this update
It shoud have been "short", but in was bad, it was rushed, it was lacking of cliffhanger ending, lacking of variety etc

this Update should have been a 6month, I lost 2-3 month rewriting a large part and recreating renders
hopefully, some of the work isn't lost, i just pushed it back to the next days
meaning more than 60% of the renders are made for the next update.

I'm glad you like it, and your support means a lot
I'm really sorry for the crazy delay... I can't help myself, if it's not good, if it's not worth it, i start over T.T
Elizabeth is a major actor of this update, you have everything

Q: by the way how many more updates are you planning to deploy in this game?

A: 5

Q: and then you will move to the Waifu hunter game?

A: hopefully my pacing will be a lot better, new people want to help me in my work
Yes I will directly move to Waifu Hunter, but I will keep some "maintenace" on WA and do some event

lgwjjessdh9wrmo9amzu-768x432.png

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I am betting that Elden ring Botw2 will release before this update, mark my words

riserser

May 15, 2018
Thanks for the infos (Well, as always he can say whatever he wants, there's no way to know if that's true or not ^^).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well, we will see when the update come out, but I would say that there's something like 15 new scenes (= 15 new "stages"). Does it really take that much time? Unless he is "creating" all the "assets" that he is using in Honey Select Studio, which I doubt, that's far fetched no?

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
This is the funniest thing i've read in months lmao

Wonder what kind of black magic some developers do to create games like BaDIK or Broken Dreamers in 1/4 of the time he takes. He talks like it is normal to take a whole year to deliver an standard 30 min update
Especially because this game is nice, but not in the top tier, even with other Honey Select games (like Pale Carnations e.g). But mybe the next update will be worth the 11+ month dev time ^^ ... o_O

I mean - it is a fun game, and good for him he has the support he got, but on the other side, there are so many better games with more committed (or focused, talented - dunno, maybe just better planning or time management skills) devs and maybe half the support or less.

hotdog10101

Aug 28, 2020
Irphaeus: I'm sending a large part of the script to Vash today:)
He still have one big scene to readback and enhance though
it was in 3 big parts, 2 parts are fully down and compiled in the update, the last part is big i send him scene per scene, it's still 20-30 pages with 100+ renders
'only' 2 scenes left for readback/compiling... it's something like ~80pages

If i try to do the precog... I guess Vash will need 3 days for that readback, then another 3 days for the next one, and i will need 2-3 days to pack everything up, then one last day to upload the 2gb of the game

Though this is always like this... Everything almost finished the huge parts, render/writing/scripting. But these last polish, compiling, bug testing, sound, transition etc, takes always so much times!
It's horrible because you feel like you don't actually do anything, the whole content is made up since months, and you can't release anything in that state.
It's frustrating

Q: I know but its been almost one year since last update, in the future maybe you can think on release smaller patch like 1 day (game play) instead of 2-3

A: Yes, the thing is, with the quality i reached and the goal I put myself, If i release something small it will still takes me 3months and be crazy shorts
This is what mostly happened and made me lost a lot of time with this update
It shoud have been "short", but in was bad, it was rushed, it was lacking of cliffhanger ending, lacking of variety etc

this Update should have been a 6month, I lost 2-3 month rewriting a large part and recreating renders
hopefully, some of the work isn't lost, i just pushed it back to the next days
meaning more than 60% of the renders are made for the next update.

I'm glad you like it, and your support means a lot
I'm really sorry for the crazy delay... I can't help myself, if it's not good, if it's not worth it, i start over T.T
Elizabeth is a major actor of this update, you have everything

Q: and then you will move to the Waifu hunter game?

A: hopefully my pacing will be a lot better, new people want to help me in my work
Yes I will directly move to Waifu Hunter, but I will keep some "maintenace" on WA and do some event

View attachment 1194140
Its up to you guys if you going to believe this but for me (pretty sure im not the only one) HELL NO

but this one got my attention

let's say 2-3 ingame days each update (im being generous here) so 10-15 ingames days for 5 years IRL? NOT BAD BUSINESS THERE DEV

Reactions: guiltless

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
So doest that mean waifu academy will end in 5 updates?
Yep which means it'll probably feel rushed. It's been awhile since I've played but I don't remember feeling like we were getting near the end. Especially since some of those updates are going to be about adding the other paths into the game (good and evil). The next two updates are only supposed to cover a weekend so I guess that means the story wraps up in like a week or two of game time if other updates are of similar length

Reactions: Konstantinus

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
What confuses me the most from "5 more updates" is the fact that there are three different karma routes, yet not even the first one is finished. How much impact does karma actually have? How much will be different besides unlocking certain scenes and locking others?

Reactions: Alex_12

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
What confuses me the most from "5 more updates" is the fact that there are three different karma routes, yet not even the first one is finished. How much impact does karma actually have? How much will be different besides unlocking certain scenes and locking others?
Likely Karma has been reduced to a running joke. It's not calculated and I highly doubt Irphaeus is going back to change that now. Then again a lot can happen in 5 years :HideThePain:

• Haha
Reactions: Red Sand

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
The story is so good. If developer can improve graphics it will be 100% Use DAZ will make differences
You do realize that personal preference exists? What you speak of is basically a complete makeover, disregarding those who actually like the current models.

Sylphie Island did this when its data got lost and ended up as Sylphine, personally it was a letdown for me. I still haven't started playing the new version simply because of the new models, but that is just because of my own preference.

You could see it like a difference between HS and Koikatsu, one looks more realistic while the other one has a clear anime vibe. The comparison here is similar, one looks even more realistic while the other one has a game-like vibe (a bit towards anime). Personally I like HS and Koikatsu but dislike DAZ.

You can't just demand a makeover because you have a different preference. Those who create games choose their own aesthetics. People either like them because they have similar tastes or they just dislike them. Criticism and feedback should be welcome, but straight up saying that they should throw their own preferences into the trash and do what you would prefer is just wrong (a bit exaggerated, but I wanted to bring the point across).

Aldo Man

May 13, 2021
You do realize that personal preference exists? What you speak of is basically a complete makeover, disregarding those who actually like the current models.

Sylphie Island did this when its data got lost and ended up as Sylphine, personally it was a letdown for me. I still haven't started playing the new version simply because of the new models, but that is just because of my own preference.

You could see it like a difference between HS and Koikatsu, one looks more realistic while the other one has a clear anime vibe. The comparison here is similar, one looks even more realistic while the other one has a game-like vibe (a bit towards anime). Personally I like HS and Koikatsu but dislike DAZ.

You can't just demand a makeover because you have a different preference. Those who create games choose their own aesthetics. People either like them because they have similar tastes or they just dislike them. Criticism and feedback should be welcome, but straight up saying that they should throw their own preferences into the trash and do what you would prefer is just wrong (a bit exaggerated, but I wanted to bring the point across).
I am sorry. You are right I am wrong. But I am also fan of this game. I don't mean that. I just imagine.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I am sorry. You are right I am wrong. But I am also fan of this game. I don't mean that. I just imagine.
Ok wait, i'm imagening it....
Ok i'm done imagening it and i tell you what i saw: He swaped from Playhome, which WA was made with iirc, over to DAZ and well it took 2 years for the first update because with DAZ he actually had to render after posing and doing the lighting because it doesn't render instant like Illusion games do. On top of that he had to learn DAZ and maybe even had to get a new GPU to be able to render with DAZ in the first place, since DAZ only works with Nvidia GPU's, which is either very expensive or nearly impossible these days.

I know what you actually wanted to say but i doubt he would make himself that much more work, which a DAZ game makes compared to any game made with Illusion stuff as base, and maybe even lose supporters who prefer the visuals he has now.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yeah but even if u put the 2 other karma routes aside.
IIRC even the current route doesn't even feel remotely close to endgame...begining/early midgame at best, he just learned about his last revenge target and about the drugs, thats it.
Half the LI's have no content yet.

So if he doesn't make the next updates a week+ each, with the current amount of content each day, than i can only imgaine how rushed it will be.
I doubt that he will actually make the karma routes...
He would need to go back to the begining and than make scenes for every character, how they act on the different routes, different interaction between the LI's, change the story, add variables and tracking for each choice etc. i don't see it happening, in 5 updates even less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Konstantinus

Kalam_mekhar

Feb 17, 2019
This is the funniest thing i've read in months lmao

Wonder what kind of black magic some developers do to create games like BaDIK or Broken Dreamers in 1/4 of the time he takes. He talks like it is normal to take a whole year to deliver an standard 30 min update
Badick and Cobd are 10x time worse than waifu academy in terms of plot
They are boring as hell
I would better wait 1 more year than play game with writing quality of cobd

riserser

May 15, 2018
I don't really know since I skipped the last part of the story with the nurse & the drug (I think I stopped at the scene were the MC hear something from the sewer drain) but it didn't feel like it was near completion.
I mean, he is still going for revenge no? But I think that he still don't know the whole story, so he shouldn't be getting a revenge anytime soons (And by the way, there's still Mokoto & Kayane story that should be a part of the story no? That's still not done either.)
But all the MC did for now was to sleep with girls that had nothing to do with it xD

-> I don't know how he plan to finish the story in 5 update ^^
ps : By the way, will the 5 update take 5 years, or 62? (Since he double the time between each update, I think it will be closer to 62 :p)

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 266 Votes