RE:Infinity

Nov 5, 2020
Basically this game is in Duke Nukem Forever mode.

For those too young to remember that means that the dev keeps saying how it's just around the corner and it's going to be more cool and awesome than anything that came before. But he has been saying that for so long that we've gone from being frustrated to joking about it. And than even that dried up and it's just a joke. And IF it does come out at all it's going to get a second of hype and than be a disappointment.
GAME THEORY

We will get the game when Cyberpunk 2077 sequel releases.

• Haha
Reactions: FavenXXX and AwsHen

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Waifu Academy remade in Daz3D when ?
One thing I will never understand. There is a clear difference in design and aesthetics, the important bit being the latter. It's as if you would be comparing HD 2D art to pixel-art, they are distinctively different, and that for a reason. We are are long beyond the time when pixel-art was forced, but we still have it because we enjoy it, and sometimes even done amazingly despite the limitation. The same applies here, it simply is a difference in aesthetics, you can't say that because something is more "realistic" it is an actual upgrade, it only is to those who value the more realistic aesthetic. A great example for this could be to compare HS to Koikatsu, it simply is a difference of preferences, and then make a similar comparison between HS and Daz.
In other words, the game is fine as it is since it targets a certain group with certain aesthetics, it would only push those away so that others enjoying different aesthetics could benefit from it. In yet other words, if you don't like how it is, most of the time you just have to deal with it or find another game that fits your own criteria.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
One thing I will never understand. There is a clear difference in design and aesthetics, the important bit being the latter. It's as if you would be comparing HD 2D art to pixel-art, they are distinctively different, and that for a reason. We are are long beyond the time when pixel-art was forced, but we still have it because we enjoy it, and sometimes even done amazingly despite the limitation. The same applies here, it simply is a difference in aesthetics, you can't say that because something is more "realistic" it is an actual upgrade, it only is to those who value the more realistic aesthetic. A great example for this could be to compare HS to Koikatsu, it simply is a difference of preferences, and then make a similar comparison between HS and Daz.
In other words, the game is fine as it is since it targets a certain group with certain aesthetics, it would only push those away so that others enjoying different aesthetics could benefit from it. In yet other words, if you don't like how it is, most of the time you just have to deal with it or find another game that fits your own criteria.
I do believe he was connecting onto the already existing joke comparing this game to Duke Nukem Forever and it's development hell. :)

Reactions: TendreConnard

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
I do believe he was connecting onto the already existing joke comparing this game to Duke Nukem Forever and it's development hell. :)
I have no knowledge of that game, though the one thing I understood is that they were joking about it.
But there is also something like a half-truth to it I believe, and if not, I still wanted to point it out for those that might read over it, because it is not the first time I read something like that.

Sep 13, 2020
Nothing will change in the mind of Irphaeus while the fan boys have his back in Discord

View attachment 1399100
Of course they are going to say that, they themselves know that the update isn't gonna come anytime soon but like the good fan boys they are they don't want to face the truth, so they say "when it's done" as some sort of desperate way to still have some hope that the update will come soon this time. If you look at these people, they are in the VIP rank, so they spend the most money on Irphs. I guess the more money you spend behind a scam, the bigger of a fool you are.

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018
I hope that there will be a continuation.
-An interesting plot and an unusual plot
- many different characters
-Also, the game tries to tell not only the story of the main character but also all the characters of the game (How they lived and how they live now) by telling and showing the life of other characters, the game is more interesting

-In general, the game is very good and interesting.

I hope that the game will continue to be updated.

Sep 13, 2020
Reaches Patreon membership milestone.

Developer: Quickly changes the parameters so he doesn't have to share the profit with a second programmer lol

View attachment 1400214
He literally said that exact same thing when he reached 1500 patreons. Lying about his excuses and now trying to get more than a 1000 additional funders ($3000 more in his monthly paycheck at least) for the exact same reason. If this doesn't make you believe he is milking his funders at this point I don't know what will.
Heck I might just become a dev myself and start milking money on patreon. Think about it, you get paid thousands of bucks per month for lying and doing fuck all. And unlike a politician, is much easier to get started with and you are not exposed to the constant amount of public criticism. I will take it over a 9 to 5 job anytime.

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018
Reaches Patreon membership milestone.

Developer: Quickly changes the parameters so he doesn't have to share the profit with a second programmer lol

View attachment 1400214
He literally said that exact same thing when he reached 1500 patreons. Lying about his excuses and now trying to get more than a 1000 additional funders ($3000 more in his monthly paycheck at least) for the exact same reason. If this doesn't make you believe he is milking his funders at this point I don't know what will.
Heck I might just become a dev myself and start milking money on patreon. Think about it, you get paid thousands of bucks per month for lying and doing fuck all. And unlike a politician, is much easier to get started with and you are not exposed to the constant amount of public criticism. I will take it over a 9 to 5 job anytime.
Do not forget that the transition to a new engine is always a long time.
+ Switching to a new engine means that updates will not be released for a long time and you will have to wait longer for a new update to be released !!!
++ Switching to a new engine can ruin the game.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
To be fair, the 1400 milestone just said he'd add somebody to the team to help with the renders and I think he ended up bringing 3 people on (I remember him calling them his "helpers" which may or may not mean they're volunteers). He once said that he brought Maim Lain on to help with coding when he first passed the 1400 mark a couple years ago but Maim told me a few months ago in this thread that she hasn't done any coding for this game apart from fixing a couple android bugs.

I hope he doesn't pass the 2600 mark since switching the game to a new engine just sounds like a horrible idea. The Sylphine dev did the same thing (and now they're doing it again but that's beside the point) and the last time I played it felt like the game was just beginning even though it's been around for years now. Imagine that but with a dev that has zero work ethic.

Reactions: Jeanjacquouile

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
After his simulated death in a hypothetical car accident somewhere in deep France, here he is announcing a change of software and again at least 3 years of delay before having transcribed the code and graphics there. If it's not jerk off, it looks a lot like it. For me, whatever its qualities (and there were many), this game is dead, dead and buried. His ghost is just for him to milk a few gogos before disappearing with the loot. A word of advice: stop dreaming and check out the other VN-games, there are some excellent ones that the DEVs don't give a damn about their supporters.

Nov 5, 2020
To be fair, the 1400 milestone just said he'd add somebody to the team to help with the renders and I think he ended up bringing 3 people on (I remember him calling them his "helpers" which may or may not mean they're volunteers). He once said that he brought Maim Lain on to help with coding when he first passed the 1400 mark a couple years ago but Maim told me a few months ago in this thread that she hasn't done any coding for this game apart from fixing a couple android bugs.

I hope he doesn't pass the 2600 mark since switching the game to a new engine just sounds like a horrible idea. The Sylphine dev did the same thing (and now they're doing it again but that's beside the point) and the last time I played it felt like the game was just beginning even though it's been around for years now. Imagine that but with a dev that has zero work ethic.
I remember him saying they are his patreons, so yeah, definetely volunteers

Nov 5, 2020
I mean, yeah, just post a model of a character and you can silence anyone because you are working.

TendreConnard

Mar 12, 2018
Dude it was a joke. Explained by the other half of my message you didn't quote.
Next time I'll just use the worst "engine" (or at least render software) I can think of to make it harder to miss the joke :HideThePain:

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
It's a shame it takes so long to update. I LOVE this VN. I hope is isn't really changing engines as the game looks great as is. His humor is awesome and the VN is so entertaining I can't describe it.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes