riserser

May 15, 2018
Well.. Can't really speak about the so called "renders" but it's hilarating how he's proud that there's 30+ animitions! Animations that he can set with at most 6 mouse click (for each) in Honey Select Studio since the animations are already created and given access to by the game... Wow! Be delighted! He created a doable 30min content with 4 month of time! xD

View attachment 1437844

ANOTHER!! AHAHAHAHAH
ANOTHER incident HJAHAHAHA idk man :d

Just live a regular guy: doing some job, and another stuff and sometimes problems happens

Iprhaeus's live: day-incident, another day - another incident
This guys just living in anime world and fighting for live and trying to release update, but evil powers everytime is hinder him and ruin his plans for update in time
Its unequal fight between man and destiny
He is a real hero!
Subscribe on this brave regular guy he is the latest one who save this world from all problems! :alien:

ps another 5 min update is coming )
Here, the keywords are " I REALLY wanted to release the update BEFORE the END OF THE MONTH". What a tragic thing to happen... How could fate be such a bi***... The entire universe doesn't want him to not get another month of patreons free money... xD
Even the phrasing scream "No, I'm really sorry! I did it on purpose, but I really feel guilty! So I won't do it again until the next time!" :p

tricky17

Oct 12, 2018
No
View attachment 1437844

ANOTHER!! AHAHAHAHAH

Just live a regular guy: doing some job, and another stuff and sometimes problems happens

This guys just living in anime world and fighting for live and trying to release update, but evil powers everytime is hinder him and ruin his plans for update in time
He is a real hero!
Subscribe on this brave regular guy he is the latest one who save this world from all problems! :alien:

No electricity system is wired so it can be taken down by a faulty external light you have different circuits that cut in this situation

god69420

Mar 15, 2021
I mean, at this point Irphaeus is either a skilled compulsive liar continually checking the news, or he has really, really bad luck.
I'm still not 100% convinced that he's lying, though - I have a friend who has pretty much the exact same luck.

He buys a car, the lights stop working. Buys another light set, they also stop working. Replaces the electricity circuits, gearbox stops working, costs 3000€ to repair, pretty much the price of the car. So he buys a newer car and gets a 12000€ loan. I call him up after like a week, "hey man, can you bring us over there" - "my car is dead". Turns out there's a hole in the engine now, and coolant is leaking everywhere.
Gets a motorbike, after ONE trip fucking red lights turn on indicating the engine is gone. I had to tow it back to his apartment. He's planning to get a new one but is too much in debt to get another loan. Quit his job about two years ago, had to go back in with a lower salary this year.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
At one point he got a speeding fine for going at 96 km/h instead of 90.. cops were watching, showed up, and he didn't have his driving license. One night we were partying at the exact same place, we left the place drunk, he left with Covid. Did I mention he spent about 200 euros in lottery tickets at one point, and won ZERO euros ? Not a single ticket was valid. I fucking checked.

So, yeah. With a friend like this it's hard to really doubt when someone is having problems. I'm not saying Irphaeus is to be trusted, certainly not, but don't immediately think someone is a garbage person because they have a stroke of bad luck. That stroke could last their whole life. You may think whatever you want about his decision to not cut off Patreon revenue, but if he has debts like my friend does I would completely understand.

For some more recent news : we both live in Marseille (2nd largest city in France), there has been some flooding in the past few days, I didn't get a power shortage... but... he... did...

...Wait a minute...
It seems as if like your freind is Irphaeus!!
Anyone know where the last update i.e 0.9a begins in the story so that I can look at it's duration, because 0.9a is the very first version I played this game.
Anyone??????????????????????????????????????????????????

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Well, if you're on his discord, try asking with enthusiam, "can you show us the before and after?"

Reactions: zeroidk

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
It Will be released on Friday

Ok, which month or year?

Last edited:

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Damn, if the update is really released this week I'll have to wait at least 3 months before I can get my fix of weekly excuses.
The past weeks have really spoiled me.

Gotta admit the electricity outage was fun but nothing will ever top the fake car crash.
I'm a sucker for repetitive jokes though. I love how he always shifts the blame on this poor soul "Vash" that nobody ever saw and probably doesn't even exists.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Anyone know where the last update i.e 0.9a begins in the story so that I can look at it's duration, because 0.9a is the very first version I played this game.
It starts immediately after the sex scene with Maki in the water behind her dojo.
Damn, if the update is really released this week I'll have to wait at least 3 months before I can get my fix of weekly excuses.
The past weeks have really spoiled me.

Gotta admit the electricity outage was fun but nothing will ever top the fake car crash.
I'm a sucker for repetitive jokes though. I love how he always shifts the blame on this poor soul "Vash" that nobody ever saw and probably doesn't even exists.
Vash pops up on the discord pretty often so unless Irphaeus made a fake account and pretends to be him (which wouldn't make any sense for him to do since some people think Vash does more work than Irphaeus does) then we can be pretty sure that Vash exists

Reactions: Grapeboy
Sep 13, 2020
View attachment 1437844

ANOTHER!! AHAHAHAHAH

He is a real hero!

I know English is not his first language but his excuse is not even making much sense, so he is saying that electricity kept shutting down in the last 3-4 days? Meaning he still had some electricity going? He could have easily used his phone or something to let us know.

This is just another bs excuse and is quite a coincidence that this guy problems suddenly go away when his Discord starts getting angry isn't it? He would have kept up his excuses if his Discord including the VIP members didn't say anything, mark my words.
And speaking of the update, he himself said that the script is quite not finished but regardless has confirmed that the update will come this Friday. I don't think he is going to miss the deadline this time because if he does, it's suicide for him.

And speaking of the update, I bet is like a 5 minute update or something, yh totally worth it waiting 4 months for a fucking 5 minute update and getting paid thousands on the side too. I also find it laughable how his Discord started calling him out and then as soon as Irphs decides to release his tiny ass update the Discord forgives him and trusts him again immediately.
Irphs is obviously the main person to blame, but these fools are also part of the problem as they enable such scammy devs to get away for so long. Icstor is still going because of the stupidity of some people, when that guy should have been shut down long ago.
EDIT: Apparently Patreon is reviewing Icstor again, hopefully this time he really does get shut down

brymont92

Jun 12, 2017
The phone was destroyed during the car crash (speaking of, I wonder how he took a picture of the car flipped on the roof if the phone was dead, as I doubt people still carry a camera around in 2021).
Not to defend the dev, but the person who rescue him could have take the photo and then send it by email to him. BUUUT... we all know that the photo its fake.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
The phone was destroyed during the car crash (speaking of, I wonder how he took a picture of the car flipped on the roof if the phone was dead, as I doubt people still carry a camera around in 2021).
After we found out about him taking the car crash picture from an old news article, his new excuse was that the picture wasn't actually his car and he just used it because it was similar to the car accident that he was definitely, 100%, really in. For some reason people in the discord still believe that's true :rolleyes:

Reactions: Math87 and AnonBoyo
Sep 13, 2020
After we found out about him taking the car crash picture from an old news article, his new excuse was that the picture wasn't actually his car and he just used it because it was similar to the car accident that he was definitely, 100%, really in. For some reason people in the discord still believe that's true :rolleyes:
They simply don't want to admit they are in the wrong, if they do then they will also be admitting they have been fools all along

Jeemjemm

Jul 23, 2021
If i were irphaeus, i will not make any promise, all can i say just, "we doesn't really know when we will release the next update, because we really want it to be a nice quality game and nice for yall experience when playing it, so, maybe it wouldn't come out in this short time, but just trust me, the update will release when its ready, and i will anounce it when the days is come, i will post the progress maybe every week or month" idk, i just see another dev say somethin like that like what a legend developers, they had those progress bar and nobodies going crazy because of the waiting for the update lol

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
The other point being is, that everyone is always pushing for a game they are hyped for and is getting angry at the devs, but the only thing we get out of it, are Cyberpunk 2077 disasters. That is why I'm more into waiting
The issue here is not the waiting, but broken promises. Whether the reasons the dev gives are true or false, a broken promise is still a broken promise. And the lack of transparency adds onto that problem which is why people trust him less and less.
If he were to be more transparent, for example keeping track of the progress with something like a progress bar, then people could be a little more lenient and understanding when an update isn't ready yet because they see it isn't ready yet, and even better if we would get updated how fast or slow it increases, say whether it is shortly on-hold because of something happening. But all we get are excuses for repeated broken promises without knowing how far along the update actually is.

Edit: And even better yet, adding a progress bar instead of setting deadlines would give more leeway and prevent the dev from losing trust as easily as setting deadlines and then ignoring them.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
The issue here is not the waiting, but broken promises. Whether the reasons the dev gives are true or false, a broken promise is still a broken promise. And the lack of transparency adds onto that problem which is why people trust him less and less.
If he were to be more transparent, for example keeping track of the progress with something like a progress bar, then people could be a little more lenient and understanding when an update isn't ready yet because they see it isn't ready yet, and even better if we would get updated how fast or slow it increases, say whether it is shortly on-hold because of something happening. But all we get are excuses for repeated broken promises without knowing how far along the update actually is.

Edit: And even better yet, adding a progress bar instead of setting deadlines would give more leeway and prevent the dev from losing trust as easily as setting deadlines and then ignoring them.
I agree broken promises (several times) is the biggest issue here.
Adding progress bar is definitely one way, but to show everyone why people should trust him, what the dev should have done is suspend the patreon payments temporarily until the update actually gets uploaded.

Said this before in this thread, but take the dev Kyois (for the game Reluctant Archon) for example. He suspended the patreon payments when he realized update will take much longer than expected, and will only lift the suspension when he uploads the next update.

So while people may be impatient with "when's the next update?" questions, noone is critical of Kyois (saying "oh he's a milker" etc) because he's not getting anything until he delivers.

That's how to establish trust and show integrity as a person.
Seriously, Irphaeus could learn a thing or two from what Kyois is doing.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
I agree broken promises (several times) is the biggest issue here.
Adding progress bar is definitely one way, but to show everyone why people should trust him, what the dev should have done is suspend the patreon payments temporarily until the update actually gets uploaded.
Maybe that would have been an option earlier, but at this point it might be too late. Of course the dev could to some degree improve trust by doing so, but that should have happened earlier as an more immediate countermeasure. By now he received a lot of monthly payments so if the update is as close as he claims it to be then it won't be of much use, or might even produce even more distrust for doing it that late.
Though "better late than never", doing nothing at this point is even worse, and only giving excuses without improvements just adds more to the fire.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Maybe that would have been an option earlier, but at this point it might be too late. Of course the dev could to some degree improve trust by doing so, but that should have happened earlier as an more immediate countermeasure. By now he received a lot of monthly payments so if the update is as close as he claims it to be then it won't be of much use, or might even produce even more distrust for doing it that late.
Though "better late than never", doing nothing at this point is even worse, and only giving excuses without improvements just adds more to the fire.
Yeah, hence why I said "should have done."
Yet, I think even the progress bar is for most part redundant with "this" update.

Possibly more useful with the next update.
But even so, far too much trust has been lost with broken promises time and time again, and with Irpaheus I get the feeling even with the progress bar, at one stage the update may perhaps be 50% complete, yet he may just leave it at limbo at that percentage for several months making some sort of excuse lol.

zeroidk

Jan 2, 2020

I think he just makes these promises as a way to keep his supporters around. That's it. Making a progress bar requires some level of work he doesn't want to do, whereas shitting out some half-baked deadline with an inevitable excuse to garner sympathy that loops right back around to keeping people around is his bread and butter.

He does the same with that 'waifu hunter' game that 100% has no progress past the time it took to throw together those generic renders, just relies on that when things get out of hand. I expect he'll drag that one up again after the second half-update as a way to hopefully get people thinking it's justifiably why this game wasn't being worked on at all.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes