Zuhl

Aug 25, 2020
Three main reasons:

1. It was not disclosed transparently that he was doing so. This creates an illusion of dev doing more work than what he actually did to justify the length of development. This game has been in development for 4 years and it doesn't feel like a game that has been developed that long at all. There are many developers with less patrons who created their own asset and still producing updates more regularly.

Point 1 refers to time and duration. what you can really justify to anyone else why there are several artists who need longer than others. but that has nothing to do with the fact that the artist wants or wants to drag something out. every artist does it as a hoppy with the evteul possibility to finance himself with the life maintenance, of which he is and many other still far away. Working independently is expensive. That takes place a lot and also insurances

2. Like you said, those assets are free to use, but he is benefiting financially from it without crediting the original asset creator. Imagine having 1000+ patrons for years and didn't give back even a single acknowledgement of the person creating the asset.
The 2 point is a matter of interpretation asettes are free, but every artist still works with the aesstes himself. the argument is something for the ass because as everyone seemed known now, the assete are in the end tools that are provided by makers for free for everyone. and there is hardly anyone who has created the assetes from scratch. and wherever there is something for what you use or where from. Main thing times the artist agreifen with just loose accusation

3. Backwards way of developing the game. Normally a game would have a storyboard, then create the assets to fit the story. This is the other way around where the asset is created first, then he'd come up with a storyboard to forcefully fit the asset. This makes me question whether the dev actually has an actual plan and more importantly whether he is capable of executing that plan. Judging the be the continuous delay that is longer and longer, the answer definitely leans heavily toward no.
The 3 point no plan what you mean by backward development. now the reason seems out of thin air from all 3 of the meinstern to scare off newcomers. p.s I don't care if you just have a personal problem with her with Künslter or if she is just boredom with other artists with braces and half-true aggravation. really unnecessary

Sep 13, 2020
I'm seriously thrilled that you can judge how hard or less hard you work. The whole shit that weird and cheap arguments we are trying to justify is really the last thing. but hey that shows he's doing well The rest of the time there weren't any attempts to make it worse than it really is.
Were you that horny for Irphs that you struggled to write with proper grammar and sense?

Zuhl

Aug 25, 2020
Were you that horny for Irphs that you struggled to write with proper grammar and sense?
The question is whether you are horny to make the abreti other munsing accusation bad.
always nice when people complain about grammar. if you don't think of it better

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Point 1 refers to time and duration. what you can really justify to anyone else why there are several artists who need longer than others. but that has nothing to do with the fact that the artist wants or wants to drag something out. every artist does it as a hoppy with the evteul possibility to finance himself with the life maintenance, of which he is and many other still far away. Working independently is expensive. That takes place a lot and also insurances

The 2 point is a matter of interpretation asettes are free, but every artist still works with the aesstes himself. the argument is something for the ass because as everyone seemed known now, the assete are in the end tools that are provided by makers for free for everyone. and there is hardly anyone who has created the assetes from scratch. and wherever there is something for what you use or where from. Main thing times the artist agreifen with just loose accusation

The 3 point no plan what you mean by backward development. now the reason seems out of thin air from all 3 of the meinstern to scare off newcomers. p.s I don't care if you just have a personal problem with her with Künslter or if she is just boredom with other artists with braces and half-true aggravation. really unnecessary
Sorry, I tried to respond but I honestly couldn't understand what you're trying to say other than you were defending the dev. I understand that English might not be your first language, but there's really nothing I can respond to if I can't understand you.

I'm happy to agree to just disagree with you. You're well within your rights to continue to financially support such dev if you wish so (it is your money after all), and I'm also well within my rights to be disappointed by the dev's action to not financially support him. Thanks.

Zuhl

Aug 25, 2020
Sorry, I tried to respond but I honestly couldn't understand what you're trying to say other than you were defending the dev. I understand that English might not be your first language, but there's really nothing I can respond to if I can't understand you.

I'm happy to agree to just disagree with you. You're well within your rights to continue to financially support such dev if you wish so (it is your money after all), and I'm also well within my rights to be disappointed by the dev's action to not financially support him. Thanks.

you have the right to support whoever you want or not. but you can save your lame accusation and excuse. There is no reason for you to pull something out of your finger to seed in order to convince others why he is supposedly not good. all your reasons are briefly stated. Accusation without a real reason. and as it stands, understand enough. that's enough welcome

NightToRepel

Jul 26, 2021
CASE CLOSED for now i just hope, there's no fighting in the mean time after all we're all just Horny teenagers/young adults or so, we just want a good fap now and then but of course we all want new content. Until, the games is finished we're the ones whose going to judge if the games is good or not. To make my self clear i don't even support Irphs I'm just... in a Torrent standpoint a leecher. Stay safe and enjoy this new year.

P. S.
I hope we get more Motoko.

Reactions: god69420

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
you have the right to support whoever you want or not. but you can save your lame accusation and excuse. There is no reason for you to pull something out of your finger to seed in order to convince others why he is supposedly not good.
Just to be clear, my post was directly responding to someone else who asked for reasoning. You then decided to jump in, but unfortunately I was unable to understand exactly what you were saying in the reply so I couldn't respond appropriately. Also note that nowhere in my post did I try to convince others. You are arguing against points that you made up yourself instead of what I actually said.

warlordactual

Nov 19, 2017
Three main reasons:

1. It was not disclosed transparently that he was doing so. This creates an illusion of dev doing more work than what he actually did to justify the length of development. This game has been in development for 4 years and it doesn't feel like a game that has been developed that long at all. There are many developers with less patrons who created their own asset and still producing updates more regularly.

2. Like you said, those assets are free to use, but he is benefiting financially from it without crediting the original asset creator. Imagine having 1000+ patrons for years and didn't give back even a single acknowledgement of the person creating the asset.

3. Backwards way of developing the game. Normally a game would have a storyboard, then create the assets to fit the story. This is the other way around where the asset is created first, then he'd come up with a storyboard to forcefully fit the asset. This makes me question whether the dev actually has an actual plan and more importantly whether he is capable of executing that plan. Judging the be the continuous delay that is longer and longer, the answer definitely leans heavily toward no.
1. He can’t disclose it, he’s gotten in trouble with patreon before when people brought it up in his discord server about honey select, after all it states in their TOS or whatever that their software can’t be used for commercial use. It’s understandable why he hasn’t mentioned it.
2. That is true, however those who do ( and I expect it to be a lot who use the engine, don’t credit others assets, only thing I usually see are patreon credits at the end of an update. I agree, it doesn’t make it any less scummy, but you might as well bring it up in all the other HS game forums as well.
3. This one I don’t really know about. I don’t know how much is original and much is used from others, I’ve looked through quite a bit and the assets he used (from what I’ve seen) are typically just for sex scenes for example like the Asuka scene The idea of turning Asuka his blackmail could’ve been done any other way, just wanted to use an asset for a bathroom scene. The blackmail plot doesn’t change just because it was a borrowed asset.
I don’t see backwards development there.

Provide me good examples for this and convince me otherwise?

SinsSangSans

Mar 8, 2018
The game seems like hot, wet rubbish to me, thus it definitely belongs in the review area. The main reason for this is that the "Karma" system was presented as if it were a great concern when it was first established, but it isn't. The Gallery's division into two sections is another explanation. It's not in any particular order, and there's no indication of what's unlocked. But the major reason is that I imagined you'd have to move around and balance things like "Headmaster" or something like that. This implies that the simplest method to play is to load up a save, skip till the sex, and then come here to ask questions about the plot or read the end day summary.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
1. He can’t disclose it, he’s gotten in trouble with patreon before when people brought it up in his discord server about honey select, after all it states in their TOS or whatever that their software can’t be used for commercial use. It’s understandable why he hasn’t mentioned it.
Could you please elaborate on what you said here? Are you saying that developers cannot mention using Honey Select to make the games while simultaneously posting tons of screenshots that were clearly made by using Honey Select? If yes, that still didn't excuse not disclosing that he's using pre-made assets. He could simply say "I'm using pre-made assets that someone else made for free" without mentioning Honey Select at all.

Also, the point is that not having to create his own asset should pretty significantly reduce his workload, but the delay between updates continue to grow instead. Would the patrons be as understanding with the growing delay if they knew that he didn't even have to make (some) of the asset? That's the issue I have with the lack of transparency.

3. This one I don’t really know about. I don’t know how much is original and much is used from others, I’ve looked through quite a bit and the assets he used (from what I’ve seen) are typically just for sex scenes for example like the Asuka scene The idea of turning Asuka his blackmail could’ve been done any other way, just wanted to use an asset for a bathroom scene. The blackmail plot doesn’t change just because it was a borrowed asset.
I don’t see backwards development there.

Provide me good examples for this and convince me otherwise?
I'm not super familiar with how much is original asset made by him (if any) and how much is pre-made by someone else. But one really good example was posted here https://f95zone.to/threads/waifu-academy-v0-9-4a-irphaeus.9414/post-7233398 where it showed how the blackmail material doesn't make sense because Helen is the one who has to lose.

Just from memory (sorry, it has been a while since I last played this), a few other examples of what don't quite make sense IMO (note: I don't know whether these are pre-made or original)
1. Isabella's black magic/hypnotism scene. While it is possible that it was planned like that, it really came out of nowhere and didn't seem to fit into the story up to that point.
2. The lack of that volleyball girl (Haruka?) content despite the game has been in development for 4 years. This might be due to lack of pre-made asset that would fit into her story, or the dev is simply unable to come up with any plot for her.
3. Sauna scene with Jira also felt forced IMO because she gained completely nothing for helping MC, as if there's a sauna asset and just inserted into the game.

I will concede that none of the three I mentioned are 100% proven because of the pre-made asset because I simply don't know which one is which, but my point remains that relying on pre-made asset could lead into backwards development. Also note that I mentioned that I wonder whether the dev has an actual plan and whether he can execute such plan. Using the lack of Haruka content as an example, the questions to answer are what the plan is and why it hasn't been done after all this time. If there is no backward development at all, then the answer is because the dev doesn't have any plan for her which is a bad thing. If there is backward development, then the answer is because the dev hasn't found pre-made asset for her that could be worked into the game which is also a bad thing.

warlordactual

Nov 19, 2017
Could you please elaborate on what you said here? Are you saying that developers cannot mention using Honey Select to make the games while simultaneously posting tons of screenshots that were clearly made by using Honey Select? If yes, that still didn't excuse not disclosing that he's using pre-made assets. He could simply say "I'm using pre-made assets that someone else made for free" without mentioning Honey Select at all.

Also, the point is that not having to create his own asset should pretty significantly reduce his workload, but the delay between updates continue to grow instead. Would the patrons be as understanding with the growing delay if they knew that he didn't even have to make (some) of the asset? That's the issue I have with the lack of transparency.

I'm not super familiar with how much is original asset made by him (if any) and how much is pre-made by someone else. But one really good example was posted here https://f95zone.to/threads/waifu-academy-v0-9-4a-irphaeus.9414/post-7233398 where it showed how the blackmail material doesn't make sense because Helen is the one who has to lose.

Just from memory (sorry, it has been a while since I last played this), a few other examples of what don't quite make sense IMO (note: I don't know whether these are pre-made or original)
1. Isabella's black magic/hypnotism scene. While it is possible that it was planned like that, it really came out of nowhere and didn't seem to fit into the story up to that point.
2. The lack of that volleyball girl (Haruka?) content despite the game has been in development for 4 years. This might be due to lack of pre-made asset that would fit into her story, or the dev is simply unable to come up with any plot for her.
3. Sauna scene with Jira also felt forced IMO because she gained completely nothing for helping MC, as if there's a sauna asset and just inserted into the game.

I will concede that none of the three I mentioned are 100% proven because of the pre-made asset because I simply don't know which one is which, but my point remains that relying on pre-made asset could lead into backwards development. Also note that I mentioned that I wonder whether the dev has an actual plan and whether he can execute such plan. Using the lack of Haruka content as an example, the questions to answer are what the plan is and why it hasn't been done after all this time. If there is no backward development at all, then the answer is because the dev doesn't have any plan for her which is a bad thing. If there is backward development, then the answer is because the dev hasn't found pre-made asset for her that could be worked into the game which is also a bad thing.

Yes they need to be discreet as possible about using HS. Not hard for patreon to shut them down. I also agree that he should let people know he used others assets but if you wanna bring that up, go tell everyone else in HS game forums the same thing that does it lol.

1. Wasn't Isabellas scene foreshadowed/built up throughout the game? I hardly followed that plotline compared to the others but I thought it was. Don't really care for it though lol.

2.Haruka was teased throughout the game, she works at Honeybee, you can tell when you see this background of her entering from behind. It was suppose to be a surprised when it was revealed.
Kind of a spoiler for those who didn't see this but when it's revealed, people will still complain that it's forced, when it's not. lol.
harukaa.PNG

We've seen her "cosplay?" side working there. She is kinda on par of others that haven't gotten time yet. The game has just recently started focusing on other characters other than Sheila, Minami, Asuka and so on. I believe that it isn't based on not having plot for her or assets, rather just timing needs to matchup in the game. (which is happening next update)

3. I don't know how "VIP" characters handled but they aren't big characters in the story compared to others like Sheila, Asuka, etc. Jira happens to be a VIP character, that was probably there for fanservice? Who knows maybe her actual plotline starts when the Maki tourney thing starts. It's why I think she covered for him there in the Sauna.

Yeah the Helen part, idk, I could make a guess and she could use it to fuck him over somehow if she somehow gets screwed over from him. Double edge sword that the MC doesn't want to mess with? That's my best guess.

Last edited:

TendreConnard

Mar 12, 2018
3. I don't know how "VIP" characters handled but they aren't big characters in the story compared to others like Sheila, Asuka, etc. Jira happens to be a VIP character, that was probably there for fanservice? Who knows maybe her actual plotline starts when the Maki tourney thing starts. It's why I think she covered for him there in the Sauna.
Wasn't the art teacher a VIP character ? She has a pretty big role imo

warlordactual

Nov 19, 2017
Wasn't the art teacher a VIP character ? She has a pretty big role imo
I believe early VIP = gets a character with a story. He probably had planned her story and just let someone make what she looks like, not the story. All the other VIPS are Brooke, Inori, Catherine, Yuna, Kanu, Kirchu (otakus doll). They pretty much are all plot b, which may or may not connect to the main story. Like Inori probably will, where on the other side, Brooke probably won’t and Kirchu the doll definitely wont.
I think the newer VIPs got waifus later in the development of the characters get less story to no story and are only in the game to have their dream waifu featured

Last edited:

Paizperoot

Mar 16, 2020
Really dont know much about the controversy with this game or stolen assets or whatever
But I really like the dialogue and plot in this game, even the sex scenes have non-cringey dialogue
Sure sometimes it feels like some scenes feel like its out of character or like jumping the shark, but at least its entertaining

Reactions: Boyoi

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Anyone have any input about the latest update, I felt it was more important to get Keiko (undercover police officer) under full control then Yoko, ending the update with Yoko being the one blackmailed. I did play through the scene not using the drug on Keiko, and was left unsatisfied, leading me to go back with my original decision to use the drug on her, no matter what it cost me with Yoko.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes