GaboCAP

Jun 7, 2018
My old saves crashes the game. Dissapointing, I was waiting for just advance in new content.

velesk

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
It seems importing saves from previous version needs to be debugged. Unfortunately, I cannot do it alone, as my old saves work. So if you want to help me debug the issue, please sent me saves from previous version that do not work with current version at my e-mail:
m.velesk@gmail.com
thanks

Reactions: Acrobata

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
It seems importing saves from previous version needs to be debugged. Unfortunately, I cannot do it alone, as my old saves work. So if you want to help me debug the issue, please sent me saves from previous version that do not work with current version at my e-mail:
m.velesk@gmail.com
thanks
Realy? 0_0
It seems? Realy??? I told you aboit it many times here....
The only 1 time were is you old save work, it happen only between 1.2 and 1.3.... I think....

velesk

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
DrWho8248 stop with the toxicity. I already explained it to you two times and someone other also explained to you, but you seem to be incapable to understand it. Despite that, I will try to explain one more time:

When the game is in development together with the engine it runs on, it is IMPOSSIBLE to make save back compatible. If you are not a clairvoyant or a farseer, you cannot predict how the engine will develop and what structure the save WILL have in the FUTURE. Once again, if you don't know the future, you cannot predict the future. I cannot explain it any simpler. This is valid for ALL games in develipment, even AAA games. When a new version comes in most games, old saves are invalidated. The only exceptions are games that are developed on already FINISHED ENGINE - like unity, rpg maker or all of the visual novels. This is the last time I'm writing you this, I swear (even though I thought so last time.).

spamaddy

Apr 6, 2017
DrWho8248 stop with the toxicity. I already explained it to you two times and someone other also explained to you, but you seem to be incapable to understand it. Despite that, I will try to explain one more time:

When the game is in development together with the engine it runs on, it is IMPOSSIBLE to make save back compatible. If you are not a clairvoyant or a farseer, you cannot predict how the engine will develop and what structure the save WILL have in the FUTURE. Once again, if you don't know the future, you cannot predict the future. I cannot explain it any simpler. This is valid for ALL games in develipment, even AAA games. When a new version comes in most games, old saves are invalidated. The only exceptions are games that are developed on already FINISHED ENGINE - like unity, rpg maker or all of the visual novels. This is the last time I'm writing you this, I swear (even though I thought so last time.).
i dont know if you will even see this but thanks for your work on these games. and even more for trying to help those that arn't even paying you. sorry some people are so rude about something they havn't even paid for. take care and i hope these negative interactions are in the minority and not the majority.

Reactions: Acrobata

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
pirek or anyone who see's Pirek's post about the cracked version, report the post please for update so we can update the OP. Also Pirek, you might be able to apply for a modder tag or something. Idk who you talk to about that, I used to @ a mod and then let them handle it but apparently people can go and ask for the permissions if they qualify.

velesk please report people like this for inappropriate behavior. Staff usually come in will throw a blanket warning out and then start dishing out punishments for those who continue to carry on.

DrWho8248 Please refrain from being a smart ass, I know it can be fun to do so and I can even go so far as to respond with; "Where is your game engine that you built your self and the multiple games you've made using it?". Also please don't just do a new post if you were the last one to post something and it's only been a minute. You can edit your post like I have and just do multiple responses as you come up with them via edits.

Last edited:

pirek

Jun 5, 2017
Does anyone have any tips on avoiding out of memory errors ?
screen ?
version windows, specification u hardware comp ?

pirek or anyone who see's Pirek's post about the cracked version, report the post please for update so we can update the OP. Also Pirek, you might be able to apply for a modder tag or something. Idk who you talk to about that, I used to @ a mod and then let them handle it but apparently people can go and ask for the permissions if they qualify.

i can report when i upload, dont want mod because i have low activity than other mod/ppl

Last edited:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
You can't predict but you could try converting them when someone tries to load a game.
Create a new save file when someone tries to load an older save using default variables for everything and just export the compatible values from the old save on top of it. That's how many games workaround this issue.

Errors will still exist but the compatibility should increase.

velesk

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
You can't predict but you could try converting them when someone tries to load a game.
Create a new save file when someone tries to load an older save using default variables for everything and just export the compatible values from the old save on top of it. That's how many games workaround this issue.

Errors will still exist but the compatibility should increase.
That is what I'm doing. But unfortunately, errors are unpredictable when you are changing the engine. For example, NPC use scripts to code their behavior. Now, if you change scripts themselves, add some or remove some, what would you do with NPCs in save files that still have old versions of scripts? Some old scripts may not exist now, some may change functionality and there may be some new ones that old characters don't have. This creates a terrible cascade of incompatibility that theoretically can be solved but practically it would take more time than coding the content itself. So I could make the saves more backcompatible, but then updates would not come out each month, but each two months. And it still would not guarantee that old saves could be imported without bugs.

Reactions: Abhay and GaboCAP

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I seem to have borked the lust magic quest. Occasionally I get offered the artifact when returning to my castle, but taking it or leaving it seems to have no effect. Going to the forward camp only gets me an offer to let me buy potions, it doesn't get me my reward or put the second target onto the map.

GaboCAP

Jun 7, 2018
That is what I'm doing. But unfortunately, errors are unpredictable when you are changing the engine. For example, NPC use scripts to code their behavior. Now, if you change scripts themselves, add some or remove some, what would you do with NPCs in save files that still have old versions of scripts? Some old scripts may not exist now, some may change functionality and there may be some new ones that old characters don't have. This creates a terrible cascade of incompatibility that theoretically can be solved but practically it would take more time than coding the content itself. So I could make the saves more backcompatible, but then updates would not come out each month, but each two months. And it still would not guarantee that old saves could be imported without bugs.
velesk, couldn't be a posibility to provide a complete save from previous version in every new update? As Nenad Asanovic used to do while developing Adventures of Willy D, that had similar engine issues than yours.

velesk

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
velesk, couldn't be a posibility to provide a complete save from previous version in every new update? As Nenad Asanovic used to do while developing Adventures of Willy D, that had similar engine issues than yours.
I'm usually providing save when the new content is further in the story and it would take a long time to get to it. But for example, in this month update, the new content is about Ella and Pyia. You got access to Ella intermediately and to Pyia in a second day. So even without save, you can see new content practically right from the start. Also, as my game is open world and non-linear, it would not make sense to provide complete game save, is you would miss all the content.

Reactions: GaboCAP

wjrjbnjd

Aug 6, 2016
before I try this game, is there content for the mother/ step mother queen yet?

BTW loved Total Seduction! is there more updates for that game or no?

Reactions: Abhay

GaboCAP

Jun 7, 2018
I'm usually providing save when the new content is further in the story and it would take a long time to get to it. But for example, in this month update, the new content is about Ella and Pyia. You got access to Ella intermediately and to Pyia in a second day. So even without save, you can see new content practically right from the start. Also, as my game is open world and non-linear, it would not make sense to provide complete game save, is you would miss all the content.
Fair enough. It's my personal problem to have a mild OCD and feel that must complete the full game everytime, your point is completely fair. Thanks for the answer and of course for the game!

4.20 star(s) 12 Votes