theimpregnator

Jun 21, 2017
For those of you that didn’t know or get the hooded stranger quiz it was based on this my favorite movie I laughed so hard!

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
That seems like some strange bug caused by corrupted save file. Did you use a save file from previous version?
Yes, i used my save from 1.6, since i don't like using other people saves, also i don't wanted to start all over again. If was a corrupted save, there is no way that we can have some kind of "Apply Backwards Compatibility Update" to our old saves?

velesk

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Yes, i used my save from 1.6, since i don't like using other people saves, also i don't wanted to start all over again. If was a corrupted save, there is no way that we can have some kind of "Apply Backwards Compatibility Update" to our old saves?
The problem is that the "beast" was not in the old save, because it was not present in the previous version. How it works, all npcs from the save are trying to be matched with npcs currently in the game and their data loaded. This may result in strange matches sometimes. In your case, there was more amazons in the save than currently in the game (as new combatants are generated when needed) and no centaur berseker. So the platform matched one of the amazon with him (matching is done through very difficult process of unique ids). This is obviously a bug, but one very hard to correct or debug, because there is just many combinations of situations out there. I'm continuosly trying to debug it and I work on this in every new version, but that is the reason why it is so difficult to make saves back compatible and why I always write that it is not guaranteed to be bug-less.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
The problem is that the "beast" was not in the old save, because it was not present in the previous version. How it works, all npcs from the save are trying to be matched with npcs currently in the game and their data loaded. This may result in strange matches sometimes. In your case, there was more amazons in the save than currently in the game (as new combatants are generated when needed) and no centaur berseker. So the platform matched one of the amazon with him (matching is done through very difficult process of unique ids). This is obviously a bug, but one very hard to correct or debug, because there is just many combinations of situations out there. I'm continuosly trying to debug it and I work on this in every new version, but that is the reason why it is so difficult to make saves back compatible and why I always write that it is not guaranteed to be bug-less.
Well...fuck me, so the only way is to use the save that is with the game or start all over again right? There is no way that you can make that the changes apply on the saves at start? For example, see the progress of the save, quest done, stats, etc and just "advance" the progress to the current (using some kind of checkpoint system)? I i'm asking because in some engines you are able to do this, but since this is custom made, i have no idea if this is possible. I mean, don't get me wrong, i like your game, there is very little things that i'm not a fan, but if if i need to start all over again, i will wait until you can make saves compatible, because the game is not small, and grind all the stats, gold and progress is a pain in the ass.

velesk

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Well...fuck me, so the only way is to use the save that is with the game or start all over again right?
Send me the save to m.velesk@gmail.com and it will help me to detect and correct the bug. Maybe I will be also able to repair your save and send it back so you will be able to continue (not guaranteed).

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Maybe I will be also able to repair your save and send it back so you will be able to continue (not guaranteed).
Don't worry, if my save can help you to understand what is going on and maybe can help to make saves compatible in the future is already enough.

velesk

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Don't worry, if my save can help you to understand what is going on and maybe can help to make saves compatible in the future is already enough.
I could not repair the save (and I'm still working on correcting the bug), but I have figured out how you can continue from that point. Select the second option (seduce the centaur) and you will be able to progress the quest. Also, there will be no centaur in the scene

Reactions: AlexTorch and q96b

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I could not repair the save (and I'm still working on correcting the bug), but I have figured out how you can continue from that point. Select the second option (seduce the centaur) and you will be able to progress the quest. Also, there will be no centaur in the scene
Yeah, after i have send you the save, i was trying multiple things, this was one was one, i know that is a game, and i know that they fuck the air, but i will start all over again at some time. Not now because like i said, there is a lot of grinding to do, but i'm not a fan of this "route". Is sad that my save could not help you in anything, but i really hope that future builds have an option to have the saves compatible, like i said a checkpoint system, like "finished part 1 of Anna quest with this choices" etc, also can use the system of actors to that, you said that in the older build don't have the centaur berserker as id, but could put an event where the "actor x" (this being the centaur) appear at the scene, not just a matchmaking. Anyway, always good luck with the game, thank you very much for trying to repair my save.

velesk

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Is sad that my save could not help you in anything, but i really hope that future builds have ...
Not that it did not helped me, I have made some changes that should prevent such bugs in the future. I just could not repair the save, as it would damage the integrity of it. So hopefully, this bug would not appear again, but as I said, the save system is now quite complicated and only time will show if the fix really helped and if it will not generate some different bug instead.

Frankly, the main problem here is time. If this would be my full time job or if I would have a professional tester, I have no doubt that it would be fixed. But I spend around 2 hours daily on this project in my free time and there is just too many other things that need work. Let's say this would need 8-16 hours to fix. In a software company, they would assign 2 programmers on this and they would have it done in a day. But for me, it is basically 2 weeks of work (8-10 hours of work a week). And as a month have 4 weeks, I just cannot spend half a month on this and not provide content for my supporters that month. So I spend 2 hours to code the most likely fix and have no time to test if it really worked or if it not caused different bug. Hopefully, if there will be more support on Patreon, I will be able to spend more time on this or even hire some help.

Reactions: AlexTorch

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
I can't summon centuars, there is no clicking the centuar button, can only press the S key and the you can only summon imps.

Edit:
Figured out why, you can only click on the centuar in the summon bar when you are full screen mode. If you are playing windows mode you can't click on any of the interface.
And once you go to full screen mode there is no going back, you can't click on the window mode in the settings again.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 12 Votes