Невзор

Jul 8, 2017
What's the difference between the cracked version and the regular version with premium code?
There is no difference. The premium code is given as a reward for subscribing to the Patreon, it is forbidden to share it. The person who does this will get banned and this code will not work in the next version. Hacking games will allow you to get the same thing, but without victims.

timmy95

Jun 19, 2018
There is no difference. The premium code is given as a reward for subscribing to the Patreon, it is forbidden to share it. The person who does this will get banned and this code will not work in the next version. Hacking games will allow you to get the same thing, but without victims.
But if the same code works for all players, then how will the dev know who shared it? Also like the code, will the crack not be obsolete by the next version?

Невзор

Jul 8, 2017
But if the same code works for all players, then how will the dev know who shared it? Also like the code, will the crack not be obsolete by the next version?
No, each sponsor is given a unique code. And if the developer notices that your cat has been shared, you will be banned from Patreon, just as if you stopped paying for a subscription, your code will be disabled in the next version.

To crack the code system, it is enough to modify a couple of game files. It's easy if you know what to do. The author rarely changes these files, so hacking the old version most often approaches the new one. If not, you need to wait until someone modifies the new files and puts them in the public domain.

wobbelhobbel

Dec 3, 2018
No, each sponsor is given a unique code. And if the developer notices that your cat has been shared, you will be banned from Patreon, just as if you stopped paying for a subscription, your code will be disabled in the next version.

To crack the code system, it is enough to modify a couple of game files. It's easy if you know what to do. The author rarely changes these files, so hacking the old version most often approaches the new one. If not, you need to wait until someone modifies the new files and puts them in the public domain.
And it is even easier to write a premium code generator that works for everyone without getting anyone else banned and without the need to trust some unknown person on the internet with a "hacked" version ...

Reactions: timmy95

Невзор

Jul 8, 2017
And it is even easier to write a premium code generator that works for everyone without getting anyone else banned and without the need to trust some unknown person on the internet with a "hacked" version ...
Well, write this generator, what's the problem? Except you can't. The codes are created by the game developer. Each code is unique, created specifically for one subscriber. So it is not possible to create a generator. And any code that is posted online will be banned in future versions.

p.s. everyone can criticize, but not everyone is able to take and do something. Don't like my hacking, do something yourself, show me how it should be.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Well, write this generator, what's the problem? Except you can't. The codes are created by the game developer. Each code is unique, created specifically for one subscriber. So it is not possible to create a generator. And any code that is posted online will be banned in future versions.

p.s. everyone can criticize, but not everyone is able to take and do something. Don't like my hacking, do something yourself, show me how it should be.
To be fair it's unlikely that the dev hand crafts each code for each Patreon... which means he uses a code generator himself most likely... reacreating such a tool would be technical possible (a pain in the ass to figure out the algorythm used but not impossible).
wobbelhobbel
Still even if the code is sucessfully created it means that the Patron owning this code would be under suspicion of shareing it and forced to take the fall

Reactions: Невзор

Невзор

Jul 8, 2017
To be fair it's unlikely that the dev hand crafts each code for each Patreon... which means he uses a code generator himself most likely... reacreating such a tool would be technical possible (a pain in the ass to figure out the algorythm used but not impossible).
wobbelhobbel
Still even if the code is sucessfully created it means that the Patron owning this code would be under suspicion of shareing it and forced to take the fall
Yes, I agree, your arguments are convincing. In theory, it is possible to create such a generator, but in practice... to look for a needle in a haystack. Since it is incredibly difficult to calculate the generation grain.

And yes, you correctly noticed, if such a generator manages to pick up a code, it will substitute the person to whom this code was issued. The account of such a person will be banned, his subscription will be canceled. It's unfair. For this reason, I remain a supporter of the hacking option. A small modification of the game files that allows you to get full access without any sacrifice.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

timmy95

Jun 19, 2018
Does the game send information to the developer which code was used? How does the developer know that the code user isn't a legitimate patreon? Some legit donor may download the game on more than one PC and use his code.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Does the game send information to the developer which code was used? How does the developer know that the code user isn't a legitimate patreon? Some legit donor may download the game on more than one PC and use his code.
...because the Dev watches the Threads of all of his gams on this site for starters

Reactions: velesk

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
velesk Finally got around to completely playing WoL and Ludus Master fully and really enjoyed them (y) It's nice seeing how far you've come from the Total Seduction (and its various offshoots) days.

Are these the two you think you'll focus on going forward or is Life of Holly (pretty much Jake now) still being worked on?

velesk

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
velesk Finally got around to completely playing WoL and Ludus Master fully and really enjoyed them (y) It's nice seeing how far you've come from the Total Seduction (and its various offshoots) days.

Are these the two you think you'll focus on going forward or is Life of Holly (pretty much Jake now) still being worked on?
WOL and LM are now the main focus. Life of Holly and Jake are kind of not in development right now, but the truth is that they have a lot of good assets (models, anims...) and I just don't want to discard them. I don't want to go into details here, as it is nothing official yet, but I have an idea (which I already started acted on) what to do with those assets. So they may be some surprises in the future, but I don't want to disclose what those surprises are until they are tangible/playable.

wobbelhobbel

Dec 3, 2018
wobbelhobbel
Yes, I agree, your arguments are convincing. In theory, it is possible to create such a generator, but in practice... to look for a needle in a haystack. Since it is incredibly difficult to calculate the generation grain.

And yes, you correctly noticed, if such a generator manages to pick up a code, it will substitute the person to whom this code was issued. The account of such a person will be banned, his subscription will be canceled. It's unfair. For this reason, I remain a supporter of the hacking option. A small modification of the game files that allows you to get full access without any sacrifice.
Ugh ... the code generator is literally just a few lines of code. I mean ... I wrote it and I'm using it. Someone else in this thread even posted a link to a C# live coding site with the required code lines. I didn't actually check the code they posted, but I'm assuming it works, because ... it's TRIVIAL.

And I truly find it hard to believe that you can remove the check for the premium code, but are unable to figure out the algorithm for the code generator (which is in the game executable).

I do, however, admit that I didn't think of the second argument Evangelion-01 mentioned. It's true - although unlikely - that I accidentially post a (randomly generated) premium code here that actually belongs to an innocent Patreon subscriber, which would get that person banned.
I will therefore refrain from posting codes in the future.

Невзор

Jul 8, 2017
Ugh ... the code generator is literally just a few lines of code. I mean ... I wrote it and I'm using it. Someone else in this thread even posted a link to a C# live coding site with the required code lines. I didn't actually check the code they posted, but I'm assuming it works, because ... it's TRIVIAL.
You don't seem to understand how the code system works in this game... The developer generates a unique password for each subscriber to Patreon, all these passwords are sewn into the game files. Whether he does it manually or by some kind of generator is unknown to me. There is a password database in the game files, when you enter the code, the game compares with this database and gives you access. I managed to get access to this database, all my hacking does is put an outdated and long-banned code into this database and allows it to be used in the new version. In theory, if a developer uses a password generator, then by writing a similar generator, you can brute-force the password. But this is extremely difficult to implement.

wobbelhobbel

Dec 3, 2018
You don't seem to understand how the code system works in this game... The developer generates a unique password for each subscriber to Patreon, all these passwords are sewn into the game files. Whether he does it manually or by some kind of generator is unknown to me. There is a password database in the game files, when you enter the code, the game compares with this database and gives you access. I managed to get access to this database, all my hacking does is put an outdated and long-banned code into this database and allows it to be used in the new version. In theory, if a developer uses a password generator, then by writing a similar generator, you can brute-force the password. But this is extremely difficult to implement.
Oh my god ... what are you smoking? Can I have some of it too?

THE FUCKING CODE GENERATOR IS IN THE GAME EXECUTABLE. You are the one that has absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I'm aware of the ban list and I'm using it as well to prevent generation of codes that are invalid when I post them here.

Look, I see no point in argueing with you. I have the code generator, I used it multiple times to provide valid codes in this very forum. I have nothing to prove to you.

Reactions: Ravelord Nito
4.20 star(s) 12 Votes