Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Is there a reason "Chapter 1" or "You died" is stuck in the center of the screen at all times? I get it being there for a few renders. But it's there for the entirety of a chapter. I don't need to know it's chapter 2 for all of chapter 2.

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Is there a reason "Chapter 1" or "You died" is stuck in the center of the screen at all times? I get it being there for a few renders. But it's there for the entirety of a chapter. I don't need to know it's chapter 2 for all of chapter 2.
I have only seen this when I'm skipping really fast. Is there something you want to confess? I'll look into it more. If you save, reload and wait a few seconds before proceeding, it should go away.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Is there something you want to confess?
I read fast? Having "Chapter 2" etc tied to a fade timer that gets reset when you advance the text is highly odd. I get it can't be linked to a render change since it doesn't happen a lot the way they're drawn but still, the fade timer should be removed and it should just be linked to the text file or something so if you advance the dialog 2 or 3 times after it pops up it just goes away if at all possible.

Edit: if it helps in some way. I normally play with text speed at max since I read fast. That way when I hit space it fully loads the dialog for me to read. Probably going faster than i normally would in other VN cause of the way the renders are done.

Last edited:

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I read fast? Having "Chapter 2" etc tied to a fade timer that gets reset when you advance the text is highly odd. I get it can't be linked to a render change since it doesn't happen a lot the way they're drawn but still, the fade timer should be removed and it should just be linked to the text file or something so if you advance the dialog 2 or 3 times after it pops up it just goes away if at all possible.

Edit: if it helps in some way. I normally play with text speed at max since I read fast. That way when I hit space it fully loads the dialog for me to read. Probably going faster than i normally would in other VN cause of the way the renders are done.
Sometimes they get stuck if you rollback when they appear, as well.

Reactions: deepglugs

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
The hero we need, thanks for the heads up

Not the game for me, guess ill pass
If it helps any - you never actually see it happen at all. You return later and come across your burning house and find her dead. Describes her as beaten and abused, but you never see any literal indication of her being used like that in the renders.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
If it helps any - you never actually see it happen at all. You return later and come across your burning house and find her dead. Describes her as beaten and abused, but you never see any literal indication of her being used like that in the renders.
Yeah, i read that. But i dont want to play a game where the MC's mom got raped, even if i didnt see it happen. Its a personal preference

Luckily i dodged this, i got deceived into playing it with another game

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Just pushed a small patch that changes the two lines that imply rape. Attaching it here as well. Just replace chapter_3.rpy in the game folder with this one and all your problems disappear.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
deepglugs
This is actually not a bad start at all. I like the art direction, it's different. My kind of story and it's not too gritty. Then again I like stories like Berserk. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
Yah, this could use an Incest mod. Saying Caretaker all time...is odd.
Especially when it doesn't have a majuscule at the begining of a sentence it really throw off the reading. I though there was a prompt now at the begining but it's seems not.

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Old saves may not work. If that's the exception you are seeing, you will have to start a new game.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yah, this could use an Incest mod. Saying Caretaker all time...is odd.
Especially when it doesn't have a majuscule at the begining of a sentence it really throw off the reading. I though there was a prompt now at the begining but it's seems not.
Does it work with the patch that put in mother instead of caretaker or can it be that it the patch that ruins it?
I add a screenshot on the first error

A new patch has been posted here

Reactions: Warphorror
3.80 star(s) 18 Votes