3.30 star(s) 67 Votes
May 9, 2018
I kinda like this, true there's so much empty space to be utilized but the potential for future updates is definitely there!
I also liked the setting, plot and conversations, especially when you've played the previous game of which puts a lot of things into perspective.

Just a quick question and some notes though (might contain spoilers for the previous game!):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anyhoo, really excited to see more of this, it definitely needs some improvements but so far it does pull you in if you don't mind the occasional grind.

ChiefDutchy

Apr 16, 2018
maybe it's just me, I like the whole idee of this game, but first mission is to peek at ivette at the pool, try from deck above, the is Catharine , I dont have clothes for sunbathing and now. Trying to find women who makes clothing (don't want to look at intro again) but can't find her, trying to earn some money but can't find no job, just wandering and grinding on day 5 now and no nothing in this game, Do I realy need a walkthrough or youtube for this ?? I want to play for myself and figure the game out and not read a walkthrough or watch the walkthrough on youtube, if I wanted to do that I wouldn't need the game itself but at this moment it's hard to enjoy ;(

ChiefDutchy

Apr 16, 2018
Oh now I got it, need to speek to Sophie when see is alone, clicked on fast forward till the time was right, now I'm to tired and probeble to hungry and to dirty to do so, just deleted the game and hope in a future version there will be a build in cheat menu to solve this problem ;) .

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
I kinda like this, true there's so much empty space to be utilized but the potential for future updates is definitely there!
I also liked the setting, plot and conversations, especially when you've played the previous game of which puts a lot of things into perspective.

Just a quick question and some notes though (might contain spoilers for the previous game!):
Anyhoo, really excited to see more of this, it definitely needs some improvements but so far it does pull you in if you don't mind the occasional grind.
It's a different timeline, so not all things are as they were in Spaced Out. I don't want to spoil the story too much, so here is what I'm ready to share at this point:

Now about the same-level map icon. I'm not sure how this would be useful, since the girls' schedule has them moving around the ship and since most of the quest phase triggers are connected with girl's locations, I can't think of a real use case that would have the quick access to the map of the current level as a solution. For example if you need to go to let's say Mia to progress the story and you open the map of the ship and see that Mia is on the same level as you are, you can just click on her icon and go straight to her location. If there is a button to take you to the map of the same level, when you open it, you'll still need to click on Mia's location to go there. In both cases it's one click so I don't see the benefit. Of course I might be missing something, so if you know of such an use case, please tell me and I'll consider if it's worth complicating the UI with another location button (it's easy enough to build, so it's only a matter of UX).

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Oh now I got it, need to speek to Sophie when see is alone, clicked on fast forward till the time was right, now I'm to tired and probeble to hungry and to dirty to do so, just deleted the game and hope in a future version there will be a build in cheat menu to solve this problem ;) .
There have been complaints about the 'grind' so a built-in cheat menu is definitely on the table. But once I get this done, I'm sure there will be complaints that someone missed a scene in the bathroom, because they never got a shower ;).

May 9, 2018
It's a different timeline, so not all things are as they were in Spaced Out. I don't want to spoil the story too much, so here is what I'm ready to share at this point:

Now about the same-level map icon. I'm not sure how this would be useful, since the girls' schedule has them moving around the ship and since most of the quest phase triggers are connected with girl's locations, I can't think of a real use case that would have the quick access to the map of the current level as a solution. For example if you need to go to let's say Mia to progress the story and you open the map of the ship and see that Mia is on the same level as you are, you can just click on her icon and go straight to her location. If there is a button to take you to the map of the same level, when you open it, you'll still need to click on Mia's location to go there. In both cases it's one click so I don't see the benefit. Of course I might be missing something, so if you know of such an use case, please tell me and I'll consider if it's worth complicating the UI with another location button (it's easy enough to build, so it's only a matter of UX).
Regarding the timeline, yeah, I figured Greg made it to some sort of a parallel universe.
It wouldn't hurt to have a patch on the side for an incest option you know, but I digress :p

About the UI, I completely understand where you're coming from, the reason I mentioned the map thing doesn't really have much to do with completing quests but rather miscellaneous activities, for example, I'm in the kitchen trying to have a snack, and I want to go to upper lounge right next to it to nap and wait for a certain character on the same floor, having a quick access to different rooms on the same floor plane makes it that much easier and convenient to do, Also, I have a habit of scouting rooms just for the sake of checking out the renders and maybe in a future update I'll need to get to a room that has no character in it to complete a task (making the quick access through characters' icons useless).

In any way, It's all up to you though, the function would sure be nice have but you're the one who has to weigh in the effort, risk and reward of implementing it, if it's doable, great, if it's not then, meh, I'll still like the game regardless :)

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Regarding the timeline, yeah, I figured Greg made it to some sort of a parallel universe.
It wouldn't hurt to have a patch on the side for an incest option you know, but I digress :p

About the UI, I completely understand where you're coming from, the reason I mentioned the map thing doesn't really have much to do with completing quests but rather miscellaneous activities, for example, I'm in the kitchen trying to have a snack, and I want to go to upper lounge right next to it to nap and wait for a certain character on the same floor, having a quick access to different rooms on the same floor plane makes it that much easier and convenient to do, Also, I have a habit of scouting rooms just for the sake of checking out the renders and maybe in a future update I'll need to get to a room that has no character in it to complete a task (making the quick access through characters' icons useless).

In any way, It's all up to you though, the function would sure be nice have but you're the one who has to weigh in the effort, risk and reward of implementing it, if it's doable, great, if it's not then, meh, I'll still like the game regardless :)
Incest patch is not needed yet since no Greg relatives are on the ship. And even if Amelia turns out to be the same Amelia from Spaced Out (I'm not saying that she is), there are no sexual scenes with her yet.

I'll try to think of something about the navigation, but no promises - I still consider this an unnecessary complication to the UI/UX for a huge portion of the users. I see why you want this but I'm not convinced that the benefits outweight the drawbacks. And it's not about the effort at all, since the whole 'effort' is making a couple of icons and a few lines of code.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
I've added the cheat option in the computer actions. Currently it only has freeze/unfreeze stats and I'll add option for cheating for money. Though safe (it will not lead to crashes), this might have a negative impact on the gameplay like missing events, etc. in the future.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
per request, here is my unofficial android port of Water World v0.3.2.X
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me )

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
per request, here is my unofficial android port of Water World v0.3.2.X
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me )
Yeah - I tried to build one, but it failed to sign the package. I think RenPy messed up the SDK download somehow...

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Yeah - I tried to build one, but it failed to sign the package. I think RenPy messed up the SDK download somehow...
if you wanna talk, my discord is also open to devs ;)

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Just tried this out for the first time. Here is my input:
It seems to me that most people will spend most of their time on the map screen. Why not simply highlight the area or person's icon when there is an event with the person at that location and time. It is difficult to remember what time and location to tutor the one girl. If you miss her, you can catch her at the next location, but you have to remember where and when every day while tracking your food/hygiene/sleep.
If you were to highlight the area, no walkthrough would be necessary.
You wouldnt have to think much about anything.
Just trigger the highlight when the event becomes available.
Other than that, seems like a nice game so far. A little light on interaction/conversation. I assume that will be fleshed out later.

Reactions: Ranger

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Just tried this out for the first time. Here is my input:
It seems to me that most people will spend most of their time on the map screen. Why not simply highlight the area or person's icon when there is an event with the person at that location and time. It is difficult to remember what time and location to tutor the one girl. If you miss her, you can catch her at the next location, but you have to remember where and when every day while tracking your food/hygiene/sleep.
If you were to highlight the area, no walkthrough would be necessary.
You wouldnt have to think much about anything.
Just trigger the highlight when the event becomes available.
Other than that, seems like a nice game so far. A little light on interaction/conversation. I assume that will be fleshed out later.
Hey, thanks for you input! I think the first issue is already solved in 0.4 which will be released by later this week. I've posted a with indicators on it on my Patreon page.

The second one (lack of interactions) is planned to be the main focus of the next release (0.5) - in it there will be only one quest with Amelia and the rest of the stuff will be for (repetitive) events with the girls. Depending on the time I have for this, those events may have different outcomes based on the quests progression and/or other events as well as random factors.

Reactions: caju

xslayermkdx

Jun 4, 2017
View attachment 144306
Overview:
A group of college teen girls is sailing to an underwater research facility along with their teachers when they rescue a helicopter crash survivor named Greg (a.k.a. the player). With no land in sight where they can drop him off, they have no choice but to keep him on board at least until they reach their destination....​

Updated: 6/10/2018
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: No
Version: 0.3.2 X-tra
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Change-Log:

saves from 0.3.1 are not supported​

Download:
PC: - -
Mac:

-
Thanks @Ranger and @sezlien

View attachment 129907 View attachment 129908 View attachment 129909 View attachment 129910 View attachment 159040 View attachment 159041 View attachment 159038 View attachment 159039
Water world 0.4.0 X Released can someone upload pls?

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Alright, so I think the plot could use a bit more pre-event stuff. A little bit more for us to connect to this guy we are suddenly thrust into playing, I get he's a faceless MC but he doesn't need to be completely blank.

The map and navigation need some optimization, right now it's pretty tedious to get around and it doesn't help that you can't see the character names after selecting a deck.

Models are alright, ship is pretty nice to explore, but it's also pretty empty. You have a large cast, but 90% of the time there's nothing to do with them. I'm assuming this will be fleshed out later on, but at least for now it's sparse.
Actually, The MC was fleshed out in Spaced out, NSFW's previous game The start of this game picks up from were Spaced Out ended.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Actually, The MC was fleshed out in Spaced out, NSFW's previous game The start of this game picks up from were Spaced Out ended.
This is true, @LordCorwin you can check out the previous game . A word of warning though - in Water World, the roles of Spaced Out characters will be changed because of Patreon's rules about incest. I've managed to avoid referencing Amelia as MC's mom up until now, but it's getting harder and harder considering that she will be the main character in the 0.5 quest. I'll try to do it in a way that's easy to patch, so it will be reversible but unfortunately Spaced Out can't be changed that easily and I'll have to remove it from my Patreon page soon.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
So @Ranger People may want to check out after version 5.0 release for a completely unrelated reason

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
I like the game so far and do agree that if you make cheats let's say for energy, cleanliness etc you will miss some events. I usually roll through a few days to see when and where certain actions and events take place then set my routine for a new game. I also like that this game challenges you and you need to think some about you as a resource and how to best use the resources.

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes