3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Here is what I just posted on Patreon about the progress on the first episode of the sequel

anim ep 1 sc aml 800.png
ep. 1 progress update

Hi all,

Just a quick update on the current progress (more to come on Friday). I've started with the animations for the scenes and this is a frame from one of them. There will be a couple of scenes - one with Amelia and one with Rebecca.

Enjoy!

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Another post I just shared on Patreon:
anim ep 1 sc rbc 19.gif

Progress update

Hi all,

This was supposed to be posted on Friday, but there were rendering issues with a batch of animations (one of which I wanted to share with this update), so I had to re-make them and I lost a day and a half. Anyway, as you can see, I'm doing the scene with Rebecca (it's almost done, actually), and then I'm starting with the "story" renders. I'll reuse ~10 renders from WW, so with the scenes being just one animation set away from being ready, I'm pretty confident I'll be able to release the game before the end of the month. I'll try to even include the free-roam mode since the code is copied from i34, so it's just the location renders that need to be done.
Now, let me share a bit more about the game. If you don't want any spoilers, you might want to stop reading.
As all of you know, the game is a continuation from where the WW ended (I mean the "bad" ending). You got transported to yet another universe where Amelia and Rebecca were waiting for you, killed the redhead and transferred you back into your own body. This is the first thing you'll see in the game - you sitting on the table and Amelia talking to you. Then it's a repeat of the dialogue you saw in WW up until the point where WW actually ended - with Rebecca flying off to intercept the transport launched from Jack's ship. You'll get to play the space battle mini-game and after you win, Amelia and Rebecca will tell you a bit more about this universe. If you remember in WW they told you that here the old gods that ruled the world are alive and they've taken some of their people and populated habitable planets. They've build a network of gateways - the Stellargates which work a bit like the machine that got you here with the exception that they can only transport stuff across space, not time and not different timelines. You need a stellar gate at the starting point and it can get you anywhere you like. Unfortunately you can't just dial random locations since you might end up somewhere with no gateway and you won't be able to go back, which means you'll need to know the location of another gateway before deciding to go there.
Of couse not everyone can use the gateways and Amelia had to make a deal with Hera so they can reach your ship in time to rescue you. With no one knowing where Earth is, you soon figure out that your best bet of breaking the deal with Hera is getting back. And since the first stellar gate was built in Earth's orbit and your ultimate goal is finding it, I decided to name the game "Stellargate 1".
In the course of the game, you'll meet a mix of human and alien civilizations and have quite a bit of fun while doing that. You'll also meet ancient Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Viking gods while trying to stay alive with Megan and Jack on your tail.

feelright

Jun 17, 2018
i hated this game long time ago, i said bad things of this game but i was wrong, is worst, when i finally find a character alone to go on on the quest or im hungry, or tired, or my character stinks so he doesn't do anything, this is awful.

bass63

Feb 24, 2018
I am having trouble getting Keeping Your Promise to trigger. I am finished to that point. Can anyone recommend which flags to set in my save so it will start? Thanks!!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I am having trouble getting Keeping Your Promise to trigger. I am finished to that point. Can anyone recommend which flags to set in my save so it will start? Thanks!!
just keep going on and it'll trigger or check walkthrough.

bass63

Feb 24, 2018
just keep going on and it'll trigger or check walkthrough.
I have been going on for 10 days! I have read the walkthrough. There is never a time that Emma is alone and is an option to talk to me. Something just hasn't triggered correctly. I was hoping to finish this since I am so close.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I have been going on for 10 days! I have read the walkthrough. There is never a time that Emma is alone and is an option to talk to me. Something just hasn't triggered correctly. I was hoping to finish this since I am so close.
have you been travelling between ships with various companions? it should be marked with star.

bass63

Feb 24, 2018
I have been going between ships but not with other companions. That is the key that I have been missing. Will check again. Thanks!

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
the first game i have no idea where to sleep. took a nap at lounge...
k any mod to add no hunger no sleep? oh ingame cheats to freeze

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
the first game i have no idea where to sleep. took a nap at lounge...
k any mod to add no hunger no sleep?
you have been assigned cabin on midship where you can sleep and wash etc yourself during evening-morning and there is computer which can be used to cheat no need to sleep etc. sometimes it is needed to sleep to trigger event.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
I've just shared this on my Patreon page about the progress on SG-1

Hi all,

I should've posted this on Friday, but I wasn't sure what I'll be able to commit to be done for the first release, so I decided to delay the post for a couple of days and be more specific on what to expect.

First of all, the release date remains unchanged - by the end of the month. I have a week till then and in this time, I'll do the free-roam mode for the end of the first episode. Initially I planned to use the UI you saw in i34 (available rooms as images on the bottom of the screen is free-roam mode). Though this will be more than enough for the first release, it will create problems in the future. As the story unfolds, you'll "unlock" more rooms on the ship, and the space on the screen will soon become too small to hold all the rooms. So I'll do a location UI similar to what I did in WW. It will be easily extendable (whenever a new room becomes unlocked, I'll just add it to the overview of the ship and you'll be able to visit it. Also when you hover over a marker, it will show a thumbnail of that room at the top left of your screen as you can see on the image above.

Also there were some comments about both WW and i34 not being interactive enough. With WW there was the issue of having 15 girls right from the start and it would've been a nightmare having to update small-talk conversations with each of them whenever their attitude towards you changes. I'll try to add something like this in SG-1 and keep it separate from the fun events, so the players don't get confused between the two. Just keep in mind that it will be repetitive stuff like "hey, how're doing", small compliments, etc. It will have no impact on the gameplay whatsoever, so you'll be able to skip those without missing anything.

As for the actual progress - everything for the first version in terms of content is done - I've finished all the renders for the story mode and even those for the free-roam mode. In the past few days I had to change some bits in the combat mode with the capital ships being displayed on both sides of the battlefield rather than as a ship on the battlefield itself. I also did the first combat as a tutorial in which Amelia explains what is what and how to play. I'm trying to do a "retry" functionality when you lose the battle, so you won't have to worry if you haven't saved your game in a while. It's mostly working fine with the exception of your ship failing to restore it's queue of fighters, but this is a bug which I'm sure I'll find in the coming days.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
This is what I've just posted on my Patreon page:

ep 1 28.png
SG-1 ep.1 is released

I've just posted the links for the first episode of "Stellargate 1" to my €20+ patreons, which means it will be released for all on the 6th of February.

I'll spend a couple of days updating my Patreon page (the banner, the tier images etc.) to match SG-1 since this is what I'm currently working on and after this is done, I'll post an update on what I plan to do for the next release.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Here is an update on the plans for ep.2 I just posted on Patreon:

ep 2 promo.png

Hi all,

I'd like to tell you about the plans for the second episode of SG-1, but first, let me introduce Hippolyta to you. She's a demigod - daughter of the Greek God of war Ares and is nothing but trouble. Instead of being the queen of the Amazons, she wants to work for Dionysus - the God of wine and pleasures. In case you're wondering who will be dumb enough to risk getting on Ares' bad side by delivering his daughter to Dionysus... guess what - you are.
In the next episode besides Hippolyta, you'll also meet Athena - the daughter of Zeus and... well just him. Apparently he gave birth to Athena himself from his forehead. Yep. It's official - ancient Greeks were weird!
In the episode you'll visit Nysa and Piraeus and unlock another room in your ship. I have three scenes planned for the next release and at the end of the episode you'll be able to travel between the planets freely and visit whichever you like. I just hope the four weeks of February will be enough for me to complete everything I have planned. As always, I'll post the first render I do for the new episode, so stay tuned.

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes