3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

barflyguy

Feb 13, 2018
Just wanna say I'm really liking this game so far, it seems like you have a pretty good story in mind. The grindy stuff is a bit annoying, but less so than most other games, and you don't have to click through a hundred text screens for something to actually happen, and having the action icons on the map helps out a lot, eliminates 90% of the need for a written walkthrough. I also like that it has some mature women who look like they're actually older than the younger girls, not the "Milfs" that are just taller/bustier versions of young looking women in a lot of games....Catherine's eyes aren't great but the rest of her is fine, and Emma and Sarah are quite giggity

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
I'm having trouble completing Julia's Payback. I've completed up to step 11 on the walkthrough, but can't get the chance to talk to Yvette.

UPDATE: I just checked the Quest Log and discovered that I, apparently, completed this quest. As I said above, I haven't gotten past step 11. Any thoughts?
It's a bug - I'll post an update. Thanks for reporting it!

Reactions: KillJoy2190

KillJoy2190

Jul 8, 2017
It's a bug - I'll post an update. Thanks for reporting it!
Would it be possible to post a save game that doesn't have Julia's Payback completed? I one save and it's the one with the bug. I don't mind if I have to start at the beginning of the quest. Thanks for your time and this game.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Would it be possible to post a save game that doesn't have Julia's Payback completed? I one save and it's the one with the bug. I don't mind if I have to start at the beginning of the quest. Thanks for your time and this game.
No worries - the fix will take care of that ;)

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Map layout is killing me and the mission checkpoints... jesus christ
If you know which character you need to interact with, you can click on her icon on the map showing the whole yacht and it will take you directly to her.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
stuppid question maybe, but how can i talk to someone, the only i can do is change my position and the time, but how can i talk ? i doesn´t see any dialogs, where is the hint for that ?
As I always say - there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers ;). Check the walkthrough - it will guide you where to go in order to advance with the quests. Once there you'll see a star icon at the top right of the screen - stars mark quest locations. When you advance through the quests certain actions will become available - looking (eye icon), talking (bubbles icon), interacting (gear icon) that will indicate either one-time interactions or repeatable ones. Not the greatest UI/UX, but the only one I could think of when I started making the game.

KillJoy2190

Jul 8, 2017
@Ranger

Thanks. It worked great. I did have one instance of my opponent giving the same bet I did, but that wasn't a problem, really. I do feel like this version of the dice game is less "cheatable" than Spaced Out, but that's necessarily a bad thing. ;)

Thanks for the quick turn-around time on the fix and keep up the good work!

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
@Ranger

Thanks. It worked great. I did have one instance of my opponent giving the same bet I did, but that wasn't a problem, really. I do feel like this version of the dice game is less "cheatable" than Spaced Out, but that's necessarily a bad thing. ;)

Thanks for the quick turn-around time on the fix and keep up the good work!
If you mean that either of the two games was cheating and your opponent knew your dice - this is not true. This one is implemented from scratch, The only thing that's used from the old game is the actual images of the dice - I didn't have time to make new ones. The opponent's logic is probably different (I say 'probably' because I honestly don't remember what I did a year ago), hence the different gaming experience. I don't know if you went through the tutorial, but there is an 'official' cheat available in the computer menu in your cabin. It will be used for all the minigames Water World will have because believe it or not, there are people that hate playing minigames and it will make it easier for them just to go through those without missing on scenes or story development.

And yes - there is a bug with the opponent betting on the same number as you, but I don't think it's that critical to delay a hotfix for a real issue (like the one that you had), or be the reason for a hotfix itself. So I'll fix it in 0.8

oulala93

Aug 30, 2017
hello, I have a problem with the walkthrough, I made him say it but impossible to pass the 3rd line ^^, I not these if his come from me who does the thing upside down or ???

KillJoy2190

Jul 8, 2017
@Ranger

I meant that, from what I remember in Spaced Out, you could make a false bet, get called a liar, and see their dice. Then, you could rollback and make a safe bet till your opponent lost. In this version, the dice randomized when you rolled back, which made it harder to 'cheat the system.' Like I said, this wasn't really a bad thing.

EDIT: I hadn't seen that in the tutorial...but after I saw what the game was, I remembered how to play. So, I just skipped through the rest of the tutorial. I'll keep that in mind, though.

Reactions: Ranger

Edgame

Jan 5, 2019
I have finished 0.7.0 today, installed 0.7.1 and in the log, all the characters are "finished" ... what is new i don't get it ...

KillJoy2190

Jul 8, 2017
I have finished 0.7.0 today, installed 0.7.1 and in the log, all the characters are "finished" ... what is new i don't get it ...
0.7.1 was a bugfix...as was 0.7.2 a couple pages back. If you finished 0.7.0 with no problems, then you shouldn't have to worry about loading 0.7.1 or 0.7.2.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Let me explain how versioning works - the first digit indicates the major release (in this case with the game not yet finished, it's 0 and will be like this for quite some time), the second digit indicates 'minor' updates which is usually adding new content and quests and events (in this case each monthly update). The third digit indicates fixes. No new content, no new quests, no new events - just fixing bugs. 0.7.0 had a bug for some people that the finishing of the Encrypted File quest was causing the game to kick you out to the main screen. This was fixed in 0.7.1. It was later discovered that new players couldn't progress past the 0.6 state of Julia's Payback quest (old saves worked fine, resetting the state of the quest and allowing you to progress) and also I had missed adding one image to the game and it was showing as a blank screen. Both bugs were fixed in 0.7.2.

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes