3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

GreyJim

Dec 16, 2018
I not undestend... Were is exsactly Incest? Who is it? Also, Log for 0.10? O_O
Its funny, in one way that's kind of a dumb question, but in another way it isn't.

It says in the opening post that this is a sequel to Spaced Out. The MC of this game is the the same MC from Spaced Out. That game is where you'll get your full answer. It's a great game if you haven't played it yet. Well worth the time.

So without going into detail, the MC had a bit of an accident with wibbly wobbly timey wimey multiversey stuff and is now meeting, and bonking, his mom when she was a girl.
But in a different universe.

So that's why it's treated as incest, even though it really... isn't?

My guess is because Patreon are a bunch of fun police with no imagination that couldn't wrap their collective IQs around a banana let alone a concept like this, the game has to be de-incested (is that a word?) for distribution on Patreon, and re-incested (another good word) with a patch so we can play it as it's meant to be.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017

So without going into detail, the MC had a bit of an accident with wibbly wobbly timey wimey multiversey stuff and is now meeting, and bonking, his mom when she was a girl.
But in a different universe.

Nope. This Amelia is not the equivalent of SO Amelia. At the end of the encrypted file quest, you see a ~20 years older Lana who tells WW Amelia that she's her mother and it's implied that she's the granddaughter of this universe's equivalent of SO Amelia. I'm sorry if I'm tuning some of you down, but the MC is not 'bonking' his mom. She's more like his daughter if we assume 1:1 mapping of the SO and WW characters (which we shouldn't do anyway, because it's a different universe and also every character has his own motivation, meaning that not 100% of what they say is true). Events in WW are in a different universe and compared to the events in SO are a couple of decades in the future.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Elbo

Mar 20, 2018
Why does the main page say version 0.1 but the game is up to 0.9.2? It also says release date 2019-04-25?

Edit: ok I see what happened they got to 0.9 and moved to 0.10 which is extremely confusing for me haha

GreyJim

Dec 16, 2018
Nope. This Amelia is not the equivalent of SO Amelia. At the end of the encrypted file quest, you see a ~20 years older Lana who tells WW Amelia that she's her mother and it's implied that she's the granddaughter of this universe's equivalent of SO Amelia. I'm sorry if I'm tuning some of you down, but the MC is not 'bonking' his mom. She's more like his daughter if we assume 1:1 mapping of the SO and WW characters (which we shouldn't do anyway, because it's a different universe and also every character has his own motivation, meaning that not 100% of what they say is true). Events in WW are in a different universe and compared to the events in SO are a couple of decades in the future.

Yes, right you are.
I got the main gist of it right - he's been transported to a different time and a different universe, but I'd forgotten that his and Amelia's personal timelines are a different way around so the relationship wasn't the same.

If anything though, you'd think this would make the need for an incest patch even more remote.

HammerU89

Jan 13, 2019

Reactions: Ranger

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
am I the only one that can't even TALK to anybody?
No, it's not me, I'm with this problem too.
When I started making the game, I the idea was to have 'relationship stats' with each girl and the progress in quests and repeating events to be dependent on the stats. Sounds good, right? Wrong. The amount of work for this to be achieved, would be huge and me being a one-man show for the game would mean that the updates would be one every three-four months. I would have to make a way to increase / decrease the stats, which would add some unnecessary grind to the game (imagine having to repeat the same dialogue five times just to get a certain stat to a certain level) and now... multiply this by 15 (that's how many girls are initially on the ship). So instead of 'stats-driven' game, I decided to continue as 'quest-driven' where the relationship with the girls depends on the progress you make with them instead of how many times you offered to wash the dishes. For a short time, I was looking at making some sort of hybrid between the two - slight variations in the events depending on stats, but soon I abandoned that because it would be really hard to keep track of those variations for all the 15 girls on the ship.

So instead of trying to 'talk' to the girls, keep track of the quests - the 'i' button will offer clues what you need to do to advance. Once you have made enough progress with a girl, you'll notice that on certain locations there are talk bubbles or eye icons, meaning that there is a repeating event which you can trigger.

magus448

May 22, 2018
I guess there isn't anyway to figure out what models are use in the game
You will have to ask the dev as there are only screenshots of rendered images or recordings of animations. Rather than the 3d models themselves.

You may be able to tell by their faces though. Some devs use the default, while others change their proportions.

Gentoo

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2019
When I started making the game, I the idea was to have 'relationship stats' with each girl and the progress in quests and repeating events to be dependent on the stats. Sounds good, right? Wrong. The amount of work for this to be achieved, would be huge and me being a one-man show for the game would mean that the updates would be one every three-four months. I would have to make a way to increase / decrease the stats, which would add some unnecessary grind to the game (imagine having to repeat the same dialogue five times just to get a certain stat to a certain level) and now... multiply this by 15 (that's how many girls are initially on the ship). So instead of 'stats-driven' game, I decided to continue as 'quest-driven' where the relationship with the girls depends on the progress you make with them instead of how many times you offered to wash the dishes. For a short time, I was looking at making some sort of hybrid between the two - slight variations in the events depending on stats, but soon I abandoned that because it would be really hard to keep track of those variations for all the 15 girls on the ship.

So instead of trying to 'talk' to the girls, keep track of the quests - the 'i' button will offer clues what you need to do to advance. Once you have made enough progress with a girl, you'll notice that on certain locations there are talk bubbles or eye icons, meaning that there is a repeating event which you can trigger.
Kewl, love the yacht it's the same one I used on my game. btw here's a camera pack for it...
Now I just need to find where I put the yacht! lol

Reactions: HossDik and Ranger
3.30 star(s) 67 Votes