3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
First, many thanks for those two games and the ending you added to WW. That makes much more sense now!
I straight went for the "good" ending because it is a bit more logical in my opinion. The MC knows that he'll probably get disconnected from the avatar once he orgasms. So fighting back actually doesn't make that much sense. And that leads to the "time loop" ending.
Actually I'd like to see that ending to be continued from a different perspective maybe. I know you've said this would require more time to set up because you need to redo nearly everything from the original SO but I would be fine if you take your time and go this path while you also work on your new game. Because the latter is what you originally wanted to do, correct?
I'm willing to give both new games a try and to wait a bit for the third game of this series until you are ready with the setup for the continuation.
The MC being stuck in a female avatar isn't that much fun for me at least. I for myself am not that much into those kind of things.
I can't be working on two games in parallel. I lack both the time and the capacity to do it and this is the reason for the currently ongoing poll on my Patreon page asking my supporters to prioritize between i34 and the third game in the SO/WW series. Regardless of the outcome of the poll, I'll be busy for the next three years (at least) with those two games, so if anyone wants to start working on a SO timeloop game - they are more than welcome to do it.

Reactions: smoking_banana

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
I'm sorry, but Sophie looks like a serial killer when she smiles and has her head tilted down. LoL. So far I've played Spaced Out and This one, and this creator is a pretty good writer.

ElTioPaco

Apr 8, 2018

The other ending is the one having secrets, unanswered questions and some kind of suspence, so it's logical for it to be the continuation of the story. I'm a stong believer that not every chapter of a story needs to have a good ending or even revolve aroung the MC. As in real life things happen regardless of our actions and even though we try to change something, we might not succeed in doing so. And that's fine.
Thanks for the answer, I understand perfectly that seen the two endings, it is much easier to continue the open ending (that's why it is open) than the other ending, although the idea that WW's amelia would try to change things in SO sounds great.

I also understand the technical difficulty of this project, since the visual quality of SO is that of its time, and a few years have passed since then.

But the open ending is pretty ... sad (Not the idea of the new universe, but the way they arrive at it).

Amelia from the new universe is dead (erased by Megan), her Lana living in hell, maybe even turned into a villain by Megan ... Lana from SO and Amelia from WW (the MC's daughter) lost, perhaps being fish food , or teleported to a volcano. That if they have been lucky, if not, prisoners and tortured by "AmeliaMegan".

And the protagonist, with Amelia, Rebecca and ... Lexi? (in my opinion the worst of the 3 girls in the station) trying to hunt Megan for ... Revenge? Justice? Boredom? Save Lana from new universe? Looking for the other Lana? (For the third time)

This ending just seems more looping than the other if you start to think about it carefully. (fight Megan, save Lana)

Indistinctly, it is only an opinion, I understand that each one would like the story to go down a path, and that there will be hundreds of people who will tell you their version of a good ending every day.

I will say that although I did not like the open ending at all (besides that it makes no sense to resist knowing that the robot will disconnect if you do not), but that I am sure that whatever you do, when you resume this project, now or in the future, it will be a great game, like the previous two.

Thank you very much for your time, and your dedication, you are a great one.

Reactions: Ranger

Virgile85

Jan 21, 2020
I think you are confused because you think in terms of what happens in one universe has to follow a single time line. This is not how thing work in the games. Instead you should think of it from the perspective of a person that traveled through the universes such as the MC, Amelia and Rebecca. They all have their past and that remains constant for them. Whatever happened to them cannot be changed in their past. In the "good" ending (I don't really like this term, for me it's more like a "loop" ending) WW Amelia merges with SO Amelia, has a son and that universe remains unchanged - Megan hijacks M.A.L. causing Amelia, Jack and the MC to try to escape (where SO starts). This doesn't change anything for the MC, Amelia and Rebecca that are left behind in the WW universe. Even if something changes in their original universe it would not have any effect on them because any change would've created a different timeline which would have nothing to do with them.

The "bad" ending (or the "linear" one) sees them getting to a new universe that Megan chose for herself. She has sent the redhead and the MC to a specific time in a specific universe but Megan took a "detour" - went back to the SO universe, merged with Amelia, hijacked her body, married Jack, made Lana's life hell (she's Jack's daughter, so Megan essentially became her step mom), and then used Jack to build the machine and went to the same universe that she had sent you but a few years earlier, so she could prepare for your arrival - comission the ship and send it to the right place at the right time for you to get there. Now, if you think in terms that changing the events in SO's universe would have an effect on the people who got transported out of it and into WW's universe, this would create a paradox. Not necessarily for you, or Amelia, or Rebecca, but for Megan. After all Megan hijacked Amelia's body by merging her consciousness with Amelia's, married Jack and then if by changing her past, she changes her future, this would mean that she doesn't go in WW, doesn't build the new machine, doesn't go back in SO, so... couldn't change the past, right? A paradox.

Just think of everyone's time as linear for them. Up until this point in the story the MC, Amelia and Rebecca had a common timeline but Lana had another - she arrived in the WW universe some 20 years before you three, so for her it was different. Now you are the one with a different timeline than the rest - Amelia and Rebecca got to the station, figured out where and when you would arrive and traveled to the same universe but in an earlier point in time, so they can get to you in time and save you from the redhead.
Bro developer. In good ending when Megan hijacks the ship.Amelia and Lana and Greg(the assistant) are together when Jack's come in.Amelia asks for Greg(son) but Jack's doesn't reply. What happens to Greg(son) in this ending.
I'm not talking about Original Greg.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Bro developer. In good ending when Megan hijacks the ship.Amelia and Lana and Greg(the assistant) are together when Jack's come in.Amelia asks for Greg(son) but Jack's doesn't reply. What happens to Greg(son) in this ending.
I'm not talking about Original Greg.
Patreon killed him. :ROFLMAO:

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Thanks for the answer, I understand perfectly that seen the two endings, it is much easier to continue the open ending (that's why it is open) than the other ending, although the idea that WW's amelia would try to change things in SO sounds great.

I also understand the technical difficulty of this project, since the visual quality of SO is that of its time, and a few years have passed since then.

But the open ending is pretty ... sad (Not the idea of the new universe, but the way they arrive at it).

Amelia from the new universe is dead (erased by Megan), her Lana living in hell, maybe even turned into a villain by Megan ... Lana from SO and Amelia from WW (the MC's daughter) lost, perhaps being fish food , or teleported to a volcano. That if they have been lucky, if not, prisoners and tortured by "AmeliaMegan".

And the protagonist, with Amelia, Rebecca and ... Lexi? (in my opinion the worst of the 3 girls in the station) trying to hunt Megan for ... Revenge? Justice? Boredom? Save Lana from new universe? Looking for the other Lana? (For the third time)

This ending just seems more looping than the other if you start to think about it carefully. (fight Megan, save Lana)

Indistinctly, it is only an opinion, I understand that each one would like the story to go down a path, and that there will be hundreds of people who will tell you their version of a good ending every day.

I will say that although I did not like the open ending at all (besides that it makes no sense to resist knowing that the robot will disconnect if you do not), but that I am sure that whatever you do, when you resume this project, now or in the future, it will be a great game, like the previous two.

Thank you very much for your time, and your dedication, you are a great one.
The timeloop game requires a lot of time and I can't see how it can be broken into regular small updates. I can't do it.

As for Lexi... I was surprised as well that she won the poll, but she's a secondary character anyway, so she won't matter that much. What Megan wants from this universe one of the secrets you'll have to uncover in the game, so I won't go into details about this, but your reason to be there is clear - she had sent you there and Amelia and Rebecca followed to rescue you.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Amelia from the new universe is dead (erased by Megan)". Megan went to the SO universe, "erased" Amelia, got married to Jack (as the Amelia did in SO), Jack built the machine (as he did in SO) and then he and Megan/Amelia used it to go to the new universe. Up until this point it's unclear if there even is an Amelia in this universe or if this is the correct time for an Amelia to be there.

AxolotI

Jul 24, 2019
Sometime Rollback screen appear. Just ignore it.
Gallery is moded but game mechanism is not. Sometime it change value of some uncreate var and make Rollback screen appear.

Reactions: KEIKUNTM

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Alright. I'm on like day 165 or something like that and I can't get The Awakening quest to start. Where do I have to be to start it? Thnks

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Alright. I'm on like day 165 or something like that and I can't get The Awakening quest to start. Where do I have to be to start it? Thnks
if you don't see stars anywhere and talking doesn't lead anywhere then check wt.

deviator

Nov 22, 2020
"The quest starts after you go to the second ship with Emma and Yvette"

On the bridge on the first ship you have repeatable event "Radio Rebecca to come pick you up" to the second ship. You have 3 options. Go from ship to ship until made all three of them and quest should be started. If not, repeat last option once more.

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes