1.80 star(s) 39 Votes

Excalibur

Jul 11, 2017
Is the beach working yet? I seem to go there at all times of the day and there is never anything going on. Are there any prerequisites? TIA

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Is the beach working yet? I seem to go there at all times of the day and there is never anything going on. Are there any prerequisites? TIA
Seeing as this game hasn't been updated in a year I'm guessing it's not worth bothering with.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Seeing as this game hasn't been updated in a year I'm guessing it's not worth bothering with.
I haven't played it in quite a long time now, but I'd say you're right. The storyline had a lot of potential and the renders sometimes are decent, but as of the last version I played (v0.52), there are a lot of negatives IMO:
  • the dialogue is pretty terrible
  • the navigation is clunky
  • the MCs stats / relationship display is extremely buggy
  • the story doesn't go anywhere really and when it does, you don't get much
  • the pacing is extraordinarily uneven
And worst of all, they started tracking your IP address. They claim it's to validate whether you have a legitimate copy of the game or a pirated one, but not having any way to know exactly how they might use your IP address, red flags should be thrown all over the place. I started playing the game years ago, but it doesn't feel like the developers really know what they're doing (despite their supposed game development experience), other than possibly capturing your data. If they can't be honest about their development experience (clearly, they're lying about it), how can you trust how they'll use your information?

Last edited:

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
I haven't played it in quite a long time now, but I'd say you're right. The storyline had a lot of potential and the renders sometimes are decent, but as of the last version I played (v0.52), there are a lot of negatives IMO:
  • the dialogue is pretty terrile
And worst of all, they started tracking your IP address. They claim it's to validate whether you have a legitimate copy of the game or a pirated one, but not having any way to know exactly how they might use your IP address, red flags should be thrown all over the place. I started playing the game years ago, but it doesn't feel like the developers really know what they're doing (despite their supposed game development experience), other than possibly capturing your data. If they can't be honest about their development experience (clearly, they're lying about it), how can you trust how they'll use your information?
lol considering the flame war and bs from dev on alt talking shit and threatening its pretty amusing to read if you look back at those posts this is more an amusing failure and a good example to devs, were going to steal it, might as well be a part of the community and use us as bug testers lol saves cash when your not going to get us to buy as is typically

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
  • the dialogue is pretty terrible
1. I have a rule of not playing any BB clones, lol.
2. You can download TinyWall firewall to block any non-browser outgoing connections to applications except those you choose to except. I usually turn it off and then just turn it on when I'm playing games from here.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
1. I have a rule of not playing any BB clones, lol.
2. You can download TinyWall firewall to block any non-browser outgoing connections to applications except those you choose to except. I usually turn it off and then just turn it on when I'm playing games from here.
  1. I never played Big Brother, so I don't care about clones or not (although I don't think I've tried many of them).
  2. That's ofc smart to do. For me, it's the very idea that they'd try to do that. I won't support nor even play games of developers that stink of being up to no good. It never becomes an issue for me, b/c I avoid those kinds of games like the plague if I ever find out about that.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
  1. I never played Big Brother, so I don't care about clones or not (although I don't think I've tried many of them).
  2. That's ofc smart to do. For me, it's the very idea that they'd try to do that. I won't support nor even play games of developers that stink of being up to no good. It never becomes an issue for me, b/c I avoid those kinds of games like the plague if I ever find out about that.
A lot of Unity games have analytics on by default and the devs don't bother to turn them off, so it's not always nefarious, and if it is, then you have a good easy tool to stop it.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
although i cant say protection is a bad thing this game is more an exception then the rule, as i said this is an example of a bad game dev trying to stop something impossible then attempting to take on the world lol, id almost say its still here to make an example haha, lots of games find supporters here and get lots of free help or advice, like i said you cant "beat us" so its better to use us lol

DjKillerDev

Jul 19, 2018
Update: ZIP file for patreon unlock available here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/ways-of-life-v0-5-6-ralx-games-productions.11530/post-2676301

To enable cheats (as of 0.5.5r):
  1. Open data/SCRIPTS.js in a text editor.
  2. Change line 44975 to read GameManager.variableStore.numbers[input] = 1850; (this is inside the getPatronPledgedStatus function).
  3. Save SCRIPTS.js
  4. Open the game and start/load.
  5. Open the Other > Cheats option and click through.
  6. Select 'One Factor' when prompted and then close the browser.
  7. Click inside the game window until the "Waiting for response" message changes. It should say "You have pledged: 1850".
  8. Enjoy.
This should also work to unlock the paywall'd content, but I haven't tested that yet.
How to do This. need a Screenshot plz

1.80 star(s) 39 Votes