SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
There's no actual sex between them yet. Male protag gets a HJ/BJ from Leigh. Sister in the patch, and nearly has sex with her in this update. Nothing done with the mother/Leigh's mom, though..
I tried to explain this to my girlfriend that my secretary was just blowing me and it's no sex by definition!
And it worked for Bill Clinton.... but....

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
Every day I understand less what people look for to support a game.
This game is of very good quality, the story is good and even if it is a game with multiple protagonists (apparently this tag is not very appreciated) the fact that it has so few patrons is totally absurd. There are many games of much lower quality with much higher numbers. What I said, I don't understand

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I really enjoy the story. The graphics are done well. Improvement could be in using transitions. I do not mind bouncing from person to person. But it is best to use establishing shots, cut scenes, and other tools to clue the viewer into what and with whom.

If I had to complain, it would be that the women have more testosterone than the males. Not to mention the males are prettier!? I get it. The developer is really into piercings, tattoos, gauging, and sexual domination. You have to do what you love. But the extreme here has a danger of losing an audience that isn't.

I enjoy the story and can tolerate some extremity in the characters. But when ALL the characters are extreme, the story gets lost.

P.S. Dick move with the Rick Astley! "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down." :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
No Discord?..

Hi, nice renders. Be free to come up to my small discord server .

You may post your game materials in 'other games' channel or discussing renders.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
To be honest THIS game could get you more Patreons.. with either the male or female MC.. the switching around really takes me out of the flow...

I'm not trying to be a prick.. and the name MissFortune should become an instantly recognizable one due to the quality of your work.. but it wouldn't be fair to the process if I didn't give you my honest opinion.

Good luck in whichever path you choose.
The game and the render quality is great, but it's exactly what I think.
This switching around just isn't my thing,

xrayman2k4

Jun 10, 2017
Somehow this has never popped up on my radar before, looks interesting, so I'll bite, but could someone please explain "operate through the weeds" to me? Is it a bad Google Translate result (Lord knows, we've had a fair few of those over the years :p)? Or is it just a regional phrase or colloquialism I'm unfamiliar with?

Reactions: MissFortune

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
Absolutely.

I don't mind playing male if the story is worth it. I play quite a few male protag games and there are some good ones and a lot of female protag games are .... what's a polite way of saying absolute shit tier .... can't think of one, i'll stick with that.

If i'm playing female I would like to make the choices i'd make so do prefer a lesbian route. I enjoy playing male protag games but sadly the sex scenes don't do much for me.

I recognise the sheer amount of work some devs go through to give us a choice of protag.

I know some people can't get into multi protag games though.

It's a tough one here. The talent is obviously there and it is not going to be the dev falling short that holds people back. The game has hit that niche corner is all. Chances are it will probably pick up more players as time goes on and word of mouth gets out but it's still covering a niche corner so there will be a ceiling to that growth.
Same Queen

Reactions: HornyTranschicken

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Loved the update and looking forward to the overhaul of previous chapters. Still looking to get the messed up minds of Logan and Rainn together as I think they will balance each other out eventually lol. But this just keeps getting better for me each update. Vee was an interesting twist, and curious to see how that will change Logan now with her being around (Logan be startin' his harem with a bang! lol). And that backstory on Rainn was... oof. That's rough.

Still, loving this game, and look forward to what comes next. Thanks as always for your work! ;)

AngelsAfterDark

Formerly 'DetroitAfterDark'
Jun 11, 2021
This game is of very good quality, the story is good and even if it is a game with multiple protagonists (apparently this tag is not very appreciated) the fact that it has so few patrons is totally absurd. There are many games of much lower quality with much higher numbers. What I said, I don't understand
It could very well be the fact that it has multiple protagonists. The game switches alot between the two characters and most people(myself included) just want a flowing story that focuses on one MC. I for one skip all of the FMC's scenes as I'm not a fan of Multiple protagonist nor female protagonists but the game is really good and so is the quality. Tho skipping scenes you're not interested in doesn't really work when those scenes are pretty much half if not more than half of the games content so I guess it's not worth playing if that's the case. I still like the game tho, i just hope it doesn't get abandoned because of lack of support.

Last edited:

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
Updated for 0.2
I've made a Walkthrough/gallery mod for this game

Features:
  • Adds a "Gallery" to the main menu allowing you to replay scenes
  • Highlighted dialogue options green
Installation:
  1. use unren option 1) Extract rpa packages
  2. Extract the mod to your We were just Kids folder
Download: MEGA PIXELDRAIN
Hey scrappy, new update is out. Update whenever you can.

zoislk

Dec 9, 2019
I think two important parts are that (1) correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the first game for MissFortune and (2) people will assume that the multiple protags will make the story too confusing to follow, or won't be their cup of tea, so it isn't worth even trying so they never get to the point of understanding how talented MissFortune might be. With time, those concerns might dissipate to an extent and more people will try the game, but it might take a while to really start getting the credit and support MissFortune deserves. Also, with the game toching on some darker emotional elements, that might also be keeping some people away (even though if done correctly can be included in a good game).

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
The switching from character to character really makes it hard to follow the story. Its like every scene you are a different character. Also the Game just drops these characters onto you without any explanation.

I have no fucking clue what any of these characters wants. Its all very confusing.

Also why do 90% of the Characters in this Game look like fucking Punks and/or straight out of a Final Fantasy Game?

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
I agree. I am repeatedly surprised and irritated by not only the higher Patron numbers but also the F95 four- and five-star reviews that I see for so many games that are just horrific. I read reviews of games described as well-written with good plots and then I play them and find the stories to be childish, bland, and not sexy at all with cookie cutter characters who are illogical, inconsistent, and boring. Unfortunately, it seems like for every person who appreciates a well-written game, there are two more who just want to look at some nice pictures being sequentially strung together.

That's not to say there aren't a lot of great, well-written adult games out there--there are plenty. There are even games with shitty writing who manage to at least create fun and sexy situations. It just bothers me to see this game not getting the appreciation it deserves. And MissFortune isn't the only dev who I think is underappreciated, but he is by far the most underappreciated.

freca

Jun 15, 2017
I would normally try this game out just based on the pictures and the amount of comments about how high quality of a production it is. But I can't stand multiple protagonist games. Their stories are always jumbled and you never get enough time with one character or the other to get really attached to either them or their story.

With that in mind, I won't even tempt myself with trying it here. It's an easy pass for me. If the dev decides to make a single protagonist game, let me know. I would definitely be interested in trying or even being a patron.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
Also the Game just drops these characters onto you without any explanation.
I actually think this is very well done. One common mistake writers make (all writers, not just adult games) is the info dump, where the writer isn't capable of organically presenting the backstory to the reader, so they'll have a character drone on with all the information the writer wants you to know, or they'll just write two pages of narrative mechanically dumping all of the information. This type of presentation is boring and lazy. In We Were Just Kids our introduction to the characters is slower and more organic. This feels, to me, more immersive and it's far more interesting.

Reactions: SpyderArachnid

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
We Were Just Kids [v0.3] [MissFortune] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,33 GB / 315 MB - WeWereJustKids-0.3-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,32 GB / 302 MB - WeWereJustKids-0.3-mac-crunched.zip
= ~23,7% of the original size, image/video quality 80% (png 90%)/90%

Download (PC*/Mac): -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
UnRen v.0.11(v3) (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 20 Votes