lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
What I believe you're referring to is the optional/avoidable scene in which the female protagonist is drugged at a party later on in the VN and the male protagonist sees her being carried off. The player is given the choice to stop it or not stop it. This is an ending-defining decision. This assault scene will only be implied, though, and as mentioned, completely and entirely avoidable. That said, there's a character that shows up in this update that mentions it happening to her. This character is not an LI..
Sorry to ask but when/how this scene happen? In my plays i never see Rainn and Logan not even going to any party like that, Is still in the game or was removed?

Reactions: MissFortune

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Sorry to ask but when/how this scene happen? In my plays i never see Rainn and Logan not even going to any party like that, Is still in the game or was removed?
It's not in the VN yet. Likely in the next few releases.

Reactions: lipe2410

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
View attachment 1833640

Like I've said, I couldn't really care less if people don't like the VN. That's their taste. But if they don't have anything of value/criticism to add (like said user) and somehow feel the entitlement to bitch about something they downloaded for free? They can fuck right off. Sorry if a bit of truth hurt your feelings.

Again, what statements? I've said nothing but the truth. It's a pretty interesting rabbit hole of psychology if you ever find yourself keen on learning something new.

Edit: Guess not, Thought so. :poop:
Love that episode of Buffy!

Pman_Weh

Aug 6, 2019
When i see future tags with harem. I played, many took part in every lewd scene.
May I ask what kind of harem do you want to show for the harem fans?

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
When i see future tags with harem. I played, many took part in every lewd scene.
May I ask what kind of harem do you want to show for the harem fans?
In what sense? The only harem option in the game is via the male protagonist. With or without the female protagonist.. I can't really say more without you getting more specific.

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
1854025_f95_03_cover.jpg
VN Ren'Py
This is the Italian translation of We Were Just Kids [v0.3b]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Unzip the .rar file - copy/paste the game folder into the game directory, replace when asked.
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan"

Last edited:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Just end play and all i have to say is: Congratulations for the update, MissFortune !!! And thanks for share this story with us.

I think the only "critic" i could make, which isn't really a critic but more a personal wish, is see more of Rainn and Logan. I'm already fond for them (especially Rainn) and can't wait to see they spend more time together and know each one better (in every means). But this story you are telling is already get me hooked and i will eagerly wait to see more.

I hope you're proud of this VN, because you really should. And i wish very luck and success in this project. You deserve.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
As a newcomer, would you advise that I play this .3 as is or wait for the redo? Is the redo purely aesthetic?
There's going to be a few changes in scenes, mostly sex.

Nothing integral to understanding the story. That said, there's going to be some change in the code (variables) because of it. Meaning, you'll have to start from scratch once the rewrite is (which will be when 0.4 comes out. 0.3a is going to be renders that don't correlate with rewriting, 0.3b is going to be renders + scenes that'll need new code/writing.) done.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
So, when I picture Rainn singing, I hear Amy Lee. But then I wonder... The songs she sings are more screamo. And I wonder does she have the voice of an angel or is it more like Alissa White-Glutz from Arch Enemy? Maybe Lacey Sturm?

Arch Enemy

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
There's going to be a few changes in scenes, mostly sex.

Nothing integral to understanding the story. That said, there's going to be some change in the code (variables) because of it. Meaning, you'll have to start from scratch once the rewrite is (which will be when 0.4 comes out. 0.3a is going to be renders that don't correlate with rewriting, 0.3b is going to be renders + scenes that'll need new code/writing.) done.
In my main playthrough, I skipped all the sex scenes for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, the mood was not right. The setting is dark and they are both going through "break-ups." In Logan's case, a decision to move forward sexually with Leigh is a major thing. I was not prepared to jump into that yet. And the second reason was that the sex scenes with Rainn were so aggressive and near violence (as in the act itself is violent, forceful...and the violence, fighting turns her on).

I did watch the scenes in an alternate playthrough. Thought they were fine. The lesbian scenes are just so forced...forceful. And there is an aspect of Rainn that likes that. Being choked. Subordinate. Submissive. I am not sure that is how I want to see her. So by choosing not to have sex, she has more of a backbone. Not a slave to hormonal or emotional urges. And befitting Logan's character so far (and for that matter, Luke as well), he is more feminine...Except when he is angry. But Luke and Logan — more than choosing to have sex — acquiesce. They resign to the fact that they might as well do it. I wonder if that makes sense? ;)

Edit: Except with Jada... Then Logan is very dominant. Interesting.

Last edited:

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
So, when I picture Rainn singing, I hear Amy Lee. But then I wonder... The songs she sings are more screamo. And I wonder does she have the voice of an angel or is it more like Alissa White-Glutz from Arch Enemy? Maybe Lacey Sturm?

Arch Enemy
Man, hearing Alissa in Arch Enemy makes me miss her in The Agonist. Wish AE would take advantage of her cleans more. As for Rainn, I never really sat back and thought about what her voice would sound like, honestly. But without sitting too long and overthinking it, I'd say some mix of and maybe early , with a sprinkle of Lacey/Flyleaf or maybe early Maria Brink/In This Moment (probably closer to Lacey, though.)? For sure, the music is rooted more in the 2008-2014(-ish) scene kid-core styled stuff (think Stand Up and Scream or Reckless and Relentless-era Asking Alexandria, Myka Relocate, Like Moths to Flames, The Plot In You, most of the 2010's Risecore-era lineup, and so forth.)

In my main playthrough, I skipped all the sex scenes for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, the mood was not right. The setting is dark and they are both going through "break-ups." In Logan's case, a decision to move forward sexually with Leigh is a major thing. I was not prepared to jump into that yet. And the second reason was that the sex scenes with Rainn were so aggressive and near violence (as in the act itself is violent, forceful...and the violence, fighting turns her on).

I did watch the scenes in an alternate playthrough. Thought they were fine. The lesbian scenes are just so forced...forceful. And there is an aspect of Rainn that likes that. Being choked. Subordinate. Submissive. I am not sure that is how I want to see her. So by choosing not to have sex, she has more of a backbone. Not a slave to hormonal or emotional urges. And befitting Logan's character so far (and for that matter, Luke as well), he is more feminine...Except when he is angry. But Luke and Logan — more than choosing to have sex — acquiesce. They resign to the fact that they might as well do it. I wonder if that makes sense? ;)

Edit: Except with Jada... Then Logan is very dominant. Interesting.
The first one in the park, I very much agree. Which is why it's being removed. It was very much contrived, unnecessary, and added little to nothing of value within the story - on top of just being outright illogical (like you said, fresh breakup, barely knew Reagan, etc.). I'll be keeping the park scene, but sex is gone. Maybe flirting, maybe a kiss, maybe nothing. Not quite sure yet. Will just roll with whatever comes at the moment. I wouldn't consider the latter one forceful, though very much leaning into the sub-dom play. It's more of a nature of the relationship-type thing.

I think it's okay to somewhat separate the dynamic between sex and real life interactions, as in a girl may be tough in front of others, but lean into a more submissive/feminine side when it comes to sex. The dichotomy of which offers a bit more substance within personality, but that isn't something that should exist in more than one character. Other relationships will be calmer (sexually, at least? :p).

Luke's scene is also being re-written. A necessary scene (Luke isn't a protagonist, despite making choices with characters.) as it'll end up deciding a couple things, but I'll offer choice in limiting what the viewer wants to see of it. Just gotta find a way to do it naturally.

As for Logan, I'd say he's more detached. Distant from reality, just sort of going where the wind takes him, with the flow of things. A lack of aim, or passion, that gets found as the story grows. Reason's that'll be covered later. That part was written with character development in mind. Same with Hannah.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nurikabe

Frobel

Mar 6, 2018
I like WWJK very much. The chapters are not to long, but in most of them happens a lot. That makes the game/story at my opinion very dynamic and that both mc's gets enough attention. So every one gets what he/she wants.

oyemiperro

Apr 29, 2017
Just discovered this gem on the making, I checked Miss Fortune's Patreon and you can see a good attention to detail which lots of developers don't go for, I appreciate the multiple protagonist though some people don't, stories with a bit of complexity are of my liking so the only thing that can be a step back could be if the story becomes a pain to program.

In general this looks amazing, I love the dark mood and all the effort that you can see is put into this. Hopefully MF will soon get to the point where living from this can become a possibility.

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes