claus001

Feb 15, 2020
Does the incest path make sense in game's context? I understood it has been developed independently from creator.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Was the BJ scene not optional with Lukas? I made a note to make that optional in this release (you weren't the only one who didn't like it), could've sworn I got to that. Guess it slipped. Thanks for letting me know, though.

As for Rainn being submissive, it's currently mostly character development, a reflection of her current nature. friendly with everyone (or at least attempts to be), but has a tendency to be pushed around (unless she's forced into a fight. e.g. the fight with Reagan). There's a point where she has enough (which'll likely be in one of the next two releases/version, not quite sure of how I'm pacing it yet.), and she becomes less pliable - so to speak. She doesn't become a domme or anything, but there's a shift in attitude (or at least a choice thereof. Will likely be optional per scene. Not quite sure yet.)

Lukas (purple-haired guy) isn't another character, despite the choice given making it seem like he was. The choice there was a conundrum of trying not to break the fourth wall, while giving the player a choice to a result that'll be affected by that choice later (nothing game changing or anything, just opens another optional ending, where Rainn can get back together with him if the player so chooses. You won't be seeing Lukas much for a while (he does play a role later near the climax of the story), but it'll be Rainn/Logan for the rest of the games as far as choices go, there will be scenes going to other storylines happening concurrently that are inherently related to the main characters' storylines. When major events happen later on, I don't want players to be asking "Where the fuck did that come from?".

Thanks for playing and for the kind words, as well.

Lukas (as mentioned above) was a situation (that was still very much a part of the storyline later on) where I was trying to give the player a choice that would open another optional ending, but came off as making him seem like a playable character. Wasn't sure how else I could've incorporated it without breaking that aforementioned fourth wall. Rainn and the Male protagonist are the only two playable characters, with glances into other storylines that are concurrently forming (but connected to in some way) running alongside the main storyline.

And yeah, the male MC's lack of screen time in the first release was definitely a bad choice on my part. As for being a douche, aside from being dumped. he has his reasons. Which are sort of delved into in 0.2. Even if you don't decide to play, thanks for giving it a try to begin with. :)

The first trans character was introduced in 0.2. I didn't make it obvious for the sake of realism in the timeline, but it might be more noticeable if you're actually looking for it. Currently, that character will be trans-only. If only because having to render scenes/animations twice (one female, one trans) can get time consuming, especially when you already have limited time to render/animate. It may be something I do later on, however.

As for the harem tag, Logan/Male MC will be the only one with a harem. Rainn will have the option James, Aiden, or the male MC (alone or in that harem), and perhaps Reagan. Likewise, Logan can have a harem with or without Rainn (though she'll probably (wink, wink) help him even if they aren't together.). They may be more combinations than what I have planned as the story goes on, or maybe not. Not sure yet.

From the person who posted it:

Just to be clear, I didn't make it/have any relation to it, nor did I put it in the OP. But it seems, more or less, to be (as mentioned by Wolf) an "I" patch. The one thing I am certain of though is that nothing in this VN is censored. I'm sure it's being called that to avoid a certain platform's wrath.

The one pregnancy currently in the game is the male MC's ex-girlfriend (who will or won't get back together with him, depending on the player's choice. With that said, most of the female characters can (and will) get pregnant at one point or another, if the player chooses to knock them up.). So, technically, a bit narrative and ending - and yes - there will pregnant sex with at least one character, though likely much later on. The FMC and Reagan will likely get pregnant, with the caveat of it being an ending/near the end, as either girl getting pregnant early on would be detrimental (or a game over, essentially) to the band's career and success. More so for the FMC than Reagan, but the point remains the same. Hope you enjoy it when/if you decide to pick it up.
The pregnant ex, is it MCs kid or some other dude? Also she's an Li right?.. So if it's not MCs kid surely that will ruin her as an li, I see some people talking about her blowing some dude, that alone kinda ruins her as Li if it's not optional don't you think?

Reactions: cib64

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I'll just put a stamp down here and explain what's going to happen. Major and minor spoilers ahead, will make all spoilers bright red in case anyone wants to skip over them. Some of this isn't quite firm, nor has it been done yet. It's open to change as the story goes on. I really hoped to avoid the whole NTR argument that seems to plague every other game thread. I'll likely be ignoring it from now on, unless it's brought up for a decent/semi-mature reason beyond simply arguing about it.

The original intention of the story is obviously built around Logan and Rainn (or what you named either.). There's a heavy focus on their dynamic as friends, as bandmates, and if the players wants, their relationship. You can play through We Were Just Kids as a normal VN (think Melody or of the sort), you can play director and keep Logan/Rainn together throughout and avoid having Rainn anything to do with any other male romantically. Period. Spoiler: You can have her date Logan, and help him sleep with other girls/make that harem - or it can be just the two of them (with Reagan in spots, if the player so chooses).

That being said, I wanted to add some level of replay value to We Were Just Kids. How do I do that? Multiple endings with multiple LIs, with some differences in story. Specifically on Rainn's side of it. Spoiler: She will have some rough patches throughout the story, regardless of LI. Family trouble and drama/trauma, lies, childhood. How she reacts to each will likely change per the LI she (the player) chooses to be with when that point in the game comes.

Spoiler: Those other LI's for the Rainn/Female MC are James, Aiden, and Reagan (and Lukas, or whatever you renamed him to. This is based on the choice he made with Veronica. If he cums inside Veronica, she will get pregnant, thus cutting off any chance at repairing his relationship with Rainn. If he pulls out of Veronica, he won't have a good ending, to say the least. If he outright rejects her, he will live and the player can decide if they want her to leave Logan/other LI at the end for him. Shit move, probably controversial, but yet another option to replay for. ALL THE PLAYERS CHOICE.). You can reject both James and Aiden early, or she'll/you'll ask both to think about it. In the case of the latter, there'll come a boiling point for Rainn to choose who she wants to romantically be with. It could all of Logan, Reagan, James, and Aiden. Or just Logan and Reagan, depends on your choices. Just to emphasize, James and Aiden will show up again (in a non-romantic fashion) even if rejected as they are somewhat central characters (more so for James, however), but they will stay rejected if rejected.

Now, someone asked what drugs were used. You might've seen GHB/Rohypnol. If you've watched any sort of hospital or cop show, then you've probably heard them used in the correct context. There is a scene coming at some point in the VN where Rainn gets hit with the aforementioned (in a drink), perpetrators will try to take her somewhere and be seen by Logan. They'll tell him she's fine. Logan (the player) will either call bullshit and put a stop to it, or believe them and let her leave with them. I'll say this once more: the assault will be implied/not shown and is fully avoidable. Spoiler: This will be a ending-defining decision, and will be what decides if Logan is an option romantically later on. That previously mentioned boiling point comes not long after this. Don't like it? It's completely avoidable.

Just to close out this brick wall, I'll say this: I'm writing with realism in mind here, or something as close to it as possible (short of polygamy, I suppose, but that's still very much a real thing. Just not common.). You can call it NTR if you like, but I'll call it life. Any attractive young lady is going to have multiple men at any given time thirsting after her, and naturally, it's her choice. Just like it's Logan's for whoever he sleeps with. Only difference is the player gets to choose how it goes down.

As with everything so far, the goal is to make things optional. As optional as possible, at least. Always has been. This is a story being told how I'm telling it (suggestions are always welcome, of course.), and that isn't changing. If your goal is escapism, or if the mere presence of another male angers you, then maybe this one isn't for you. Enjoy; if not, there's hundreds of other great games on this forum alone that might fit your tastes better. :)

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
The pregnant ex, is it MCs kid or some other dude? Also she's an Li right?.. So if it's not MCs kid surely that will ruin her as an li, I see some people talking about her blowing some dude, that alone kinda ruins her as Li if it's not optional don't you think?
pre.png

This is Logan's/Male MC's ex, and yes, it's his kid. He can reject her (which will end the pregnancy), but will have an option to have her come back later, though not pregnant. Or he can just straight up get back together with her right away.

As for other people talking about his ex blowing someone, some seem to be under the impression that the purple haired girl is Logan's/Male MC's ex. She doesn't know him, and likely won't ever meet during the VN.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
View attachment 1519675

This is Logan's/Male MC's ex, and yes, it's his kid. He can reject her (which will end the pregnancy), but will have an option to have her come back later, though not pregnant. Or he can just straight up get back together with her right away.

As for other people talking about his ex blowing someone, some seem to be under the impression that the purple haired girl is Logan's/Male MC's ex. She doesn't know him, and likely won't ever meet during the VN.
Oh okay thanks for clearing that up,had me thinking there for a second.

Reactions: MissFortune

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
The park variable is broken, if you chicken out game still treats it as if you didn't.

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
The park variable is broken, if you chicken out game still treats it as if you didn't.
Heh, she knows. I brought it up earlier in the thread. There's another broken one as well. If the "female room mate" gives a BJ or not. Leads to the same convo when they see each other the next morning.

Last edited:

evetoyou

Jun 7, 2020
, , , , , good gasoline - + , , , , , , , , , , , . That should be it. By the way, there's credits at the end of each update with all the songs/material used.
Much appreciated! I saw it at end of the episode, but looking them up from names on screen was frustrating.
Would an extra .txt in release going forward be viable? :)

Also something I hadn't said yet - I appreciate the different tone this game has. It doesn't feel like copy of a copy. There's tons of big busted blonde characters, generic personalities etc. out there but this is finally is something different in sense of the story and characters. I suppose you could call it alternative. :D

It also doesn't feel like it's simply story to carry out into yet-another sex scene, rather than sex being addition to narrative rather than other way around. Such games (and recommendations!) are welcome. Alternative girls are always a plus. As well as female protags. Browsing that tag is a minefield. lmao.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Heh, he knows. I brought it up earlier in the thread. There's another broken one as well. If the "female room mate" gives a BJ or not. Leads to the same convo when they see each other the next morning.
I am aware of the issue. Just not able to replicate on any of my systems.

Are either of you perhaps using the unofficial patch or the walkthrough/gallery mod by scrappy, just out of curiosity? I've tried on multiple systems and can't seem to replicate the issue with or without the mod/patch. It's odd, I've also changed the style of variable and nothing seems to change. Still works fine for me. It's kind of perplexing. Trying to narrow down the issue when I'm not able to get the same issue is tough. :cautious:

Sorry about the hot shit quality, compressed the fuck out of it before uploading because my upload speeds suck at this time of day.

I suppose you could call it alternative. :D

But in all seriousness, I'll see what I can do about compiling links into a .txt or PDF file with hyperlinks. I'm too lazy to unzip every file, drop the txt/PDF in them, and then re-zip. I'll probably just upload them alongside each update and offer a separate link for it.

How did you manage to model/style so many women and men who perfectly fit the looks I'm into??

Get out of my head!! (actually don't, please keep up the awesome work)
I believe it's something called good taste? Looks like you have it, too. :sneaky:

Thanks. :)

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Can't download the patch, clicking it just takes me to a random tab
Try right-clicking > Save Link As > remove the string of numbers and the underscore prior to "uncp.rpy" > Save/Download.

That's what I've done with similar files, at least.

Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
I don't really know what to say. Two MCs and I don't count Luke. Fortunately, here are given options for what you want to do. MC: M can do whatever it wants, but MC: F can't. So all the other sex scenes are no no, like lesbians etc. I don't really start watching others fuck. Unless those two MCs get to bed with each other or MC: M with that sister, the game is useless. This is just the problem with these multi-MC games when you don’t want to see all the things. Fortunately, there are options given otherwise the game would have already been immediately removed.

I just started thinking about the future harem .... it won’t happen unless MC: M is just the only man. If other men are brought in, then the Harem crowd just shows a finger and leaves the game. This should really be taken seriously as long as Harem is not included in the game. The number of players will definitely drop if the golden rule is not followed.

Reactions: cib64 and sdna1

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
I am aware of the issue. Just not able to replicate on any of my systems.

Are either of you perhaps using the unofficial patch or the walkthrough/gallery mod by scrappy, just out of curiosity? I've tried on multiple systems and can't seem to replicate the issue with or without the mod/patch. It's odd, I've also changed the style of variable and nothing seems to change. Still works fine for me. It's kind of perplexing. Trying to narrow down the issue when I'm not able to get the same issue is tough. :cautious:

Sorry about the hot shit quality, compressed the fuck out of it before uploading because my upload speeds suck at this time of day.

But in all seriousness, I'll see what I can do about compiling links into a .txt or PDF file with hyperlinks. I'm too lazy to unzip every file, drop the txt/PDF in them, and then re-zip. I'll probably just upload them alongside each update and offer a separate link for it.

I believe it's something called good taste? Looks like you have it, too. :sneaky:

Thanks. :)
Ah, damn. I may have downloaded that "unofficial incent past" along with the game from the Mega link. Sorry about that...

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Ah, damn. I may have downloaded that "unofficial incent past" along with the game from the Mega link. Sorry about that...
No, no. There's absolutely no need to apologize, even if that were the cause. I'm just trying to narrow down any/all possible issues, internal and external, but I've already tried the patch and that doesn't seem to be the issue. Not really sure what's causing this, as it seems limited to a few people, at least based on the people talking about it.

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes