VN Ren'Py Welcome to Hell - The Vampire Chronicles [Remastered v0.1.0] [NoobPRO Games]

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Hey tako_muro. At the moment I still don't have a screen to check relationships or their stats, I'm still a beginner developer and many things I'm slowly learning in the programming part.
But you can be sure that a dedicated screen to show your relationships is something I plan to add soon.
And as for the stats, yes, they all make a difference and changed your behavior in some dialogue scenes and reflected directly on the future of your character.
Well if anyone wants to know a way to see their point totals, I use the online save editor to review them.

As well, I use the 0x52_URM(dot)rpa tool to see what's behind most of the story choices, instead of using a wt mod. But the 0x52_URM tool can also be used to work along side a walk through mod if you want to verify if the mod's highlight choices are correct. And this tool can be used for most Ren'py titles that is using Ren'py engine v6.9.9 or higher.

An important feature, the 0x52_URM tool will not corrupt a game save, like some walk through / multi mods can. If the MM/WT mod is not present while trying to load a past save, it will result in a Ren'py error screen happening...which results in a forced game restart if you click on ignore the error).

Install: Extract and place the 0x52_URM file into your game folder. When ever there is a choice or a requirement check, a small rectangle will apear in the top left hand corner of your screen displaying a choice box. Enjoy.

screenshot0001.png

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
NO there isn't an official compressed version that's been posted I believe the dev is working on changing some images in the android version at the moment
Damn, 7 f*ing gigs :unsure: ? …I sure hope a compressed version will be released soon. And the game dev considers converting his image format to a better compressed version, as the size of this project is far is too huge in size, which takes a big chunk of peoples bandwidth (such a pain in the ass using free hosting sites with a daily max of 5gigs).

Reactions: Angelboy13

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
summary and tag are confusing as i don't want spoiler but i want to have an idea of the current content all i get is that the game is probably slow paced, mc and his crush are cute virgin (un ... dead virgin ?) and while following the straight laced mc that go only after his crush during his adenture in a fantasy world with magic (in which mc don't fight), player see scene the mc don't see of lesbian, vaginal and anal sex all together or separatedly ... anyone could give me a spoilerless summary of the story so far (i can't figure if there's missing tag, i'm right or if it's anwser c)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Damn, 7 f*ing gigs :unsure: ? …I sure hope a compressed version will be released soon. And the game dev considers converting his image format to a better compressed version, as the size of this project is far is too huge in size, which takes a big chunk of peoples bandwidth (such a pain in the ass using free hosting sites with a daily max of 5gigs).
Our favorite "site Golum" MyPreciousCJ is working on It so yeah, patience young Padawan

• Red Heart
Reactions: "CJ" and MrBenny

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
the dev is animation happy is the problem

RedPyrate

Oct 11, 2017
Compress that shit....unless you are dumb and pay mega...then enjoy
Agree, needs compression. 7GB is not the problem with a download, but how many games can you store if they were all 7GB?

I've never had any issue with image quality on a compressed game. They display fine oh your laptop, even on your bigscreen TV when I occasionally link my gameplay output to that.
Red

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Agree, needs compression. 7GB is not the problem with a download, but how many games can you store if they were all 7GB?
You'd be surprised!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We live in a world where 6 - 8tb drives are fairly inexpensive. And is what you could call a "sweet spot".
Remember, AAA games these days, are usually around 50 - 70GB, and can pass 100GB for a barely 9 - 12 hour gameplay.
Heck a lot of indie games pass 30 - 40gb for 10 - 15 hours gameplay.

Also, don't have to "keep" everything you download.. Just delete shit when you're done.
(most saves are stored in the user folder on the system drive anyways for persistence, aswell as the "game/saves folder")

Storage these days, is not the issue.. The issue is, that even in this day and age, some places in the world outside main cities, don't have good coverage of high-speed and stable internet connections. Having a minute drop of connection, people are forced to re-download. One Example; Australia, around Melbourne and Sydney(even into the city lines) have a connection that could randomly drop, or stutter for "common folks" that don't want to spend 250 - 500 bucks a month.
A lot of Aussie twitch-streamers have this issue!

However. If a VN were to be over 7gb, and you can read through it all in 2 hours, I'd agree with you.
But making a VN that is 12 - 15 hours or more, much less than 7gb, is often compromising it's "render quality" too much.

Thankfully, for those that do have connection issues one way or another,
there are a few people that do compress VNs around here!

Sorry for this wall!

Cheers!

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
You forgot a 1 from them. 16-18 TB drives are now the best price/capacity.
That is very true. But they are not the "sweetspot" yet though however. Also not considered "affordable" for everyone.
the "Swteetspot" is price to capacity, within "affordable" range.
But if someone were to let's say think about buying two 6TB at once, they'd be better off getting a 16TB.
As they'd be getting more that 4TB of them "for free" if looking at total cost.
However. HDDs above 12TB, isn't considered the most "stable" yet. Shorter lifespan than say a 8TB.
So there are a few things to think about when diving in on Mass Storage.

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes