VN Ren'Py Welcome to Hell - The Vampire Chronicles [Remastered v0.1.0] [NoobPRO Games]

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Sackbirne

Jan 9, 2022

Hello everyone, dear supporters.
Finally, the Chapter 01 remake has been released, and this marks a significant personal achievement for me. I know I've said it countless times, but transforming Chapter 01 from what it was to what it is now makes everything much more meaningful.
Allow me to highlight some very important points that I would like everyone to understand. I've noticed many people praising the remastering, but on the other hand, criticizing the fact that this should have been done when the game was complete. However, I apologize folks, this is completely unfeasible in the case of W2H, and I'll explain everything to you, hoping you understand my perspective as a developer.
W2H started three years ago, and honestly, I had no idea what I was creating. I simply stumbled upon the program, generated some images like these below, and started writing the game's story.
My beloved supporters and players, I understand that progressing in the story is crucial, especially for players who just want to see what's coming next. Having to go back to the beginning and redo everything may not please some players, and I genuinely understand that. However, I apologize folks, but the game was terrible in its beginning. As I've said to some, it's just a game that you can get for free on any alternative site. But for me, it's my family's livelihood. It's not just a hobby; it's a job that I dedicate myself to and constantly study to always learn new things and bring the best content I can create. That's why I need to have a well-structured game.
And why am I doing this now instead of waiting for the game to be completed?
Firstly, it's much easier to have consistent episodes in the beginning to sustain the load of the upcoming story. To build a tall and stable building, you need a solid structure. Trying to build a building with a weak structure will result in collapse, and that's the best metaphor to understand the context of an AVN game and anything else you're creating. First, build a solid structure, and then plan the other floors one after the other, so you can build a massive skyscraper.
What I mean, my friends, is that W2H had no structure to support what was to come. Players who started in W2H had no idea what was happening since Chapter 01 itself explained nothing. You simply became a vampire with no knowledge of what was happening. Now, the range of information about your new life is fully explained in a light and easy-to-understand way.
Secondly, the W2H Remake doesn't involve years of work to be realized. Chapter 1 was completed in just over 2 months, and we only have Chapter 2 and a few things from Chapter 3 to redo now. I'm not redoing the whole game. Chapters 4, 5, 5.5, 6, and 7 are as I would like them, maybe some corrections in their dialogues, but they're very simple things. We're not talking about years of remaking; it's just two and a half chapters.
My friends, there are big plans for W2H. As I said, W2H is very similar to the story of 'The Legend of Vox Machina'. It also originated from RPG game campaigns I created decades ago, and there's a lot of story to be told. Currently, W2H has been programmed to have 4 seasons of 5 chapters, and we're still in Chapter 07. I can't just leave it to remake the game when we're at Chapter 20 and, with that, lose several players who gave up on the game because of its poorly structured and extremely low-quality beginning.
I apologize if I seemed rude; it's not my intention. I'm just trying to vent here and explain, from the developer's perspective, the importance of reworking the first two chapters and making changes to its code.
I'm always ready to listen to any comments and constructive criticism that can contribute to the better development of our game. Please, respect my work, which involves thousands of hours invested to create the best for all of you. Don't hesitate to comment and give feedback so I can keep improving.
Before ending this little vent, I would like to thank several supporters who have been with me for a long time and truly understand the importance of the work I've been doing for our game. These supporters have donated hundreds and even thousands of dollars so the game can continue to evolve, and I'm very grateful for that. I couldn't dedicate myself so much without the continuous support from you all. You're amazing.
Guys, I'm already working on Chapter 2 without pause. Chapter 01 was released, and the next day I was already creating the new images for Chapter 02. Let's finish this remake as soon as possible and return to our original schedule. Please, don't abandon me at this important moment. A big hug to everyone, and have an excellent week.

NoobPROGames
Now that's what I call a detailed explanation. Most of the time I get nothing or flimsy excuses. I'm quite happy with that, even if I have to wait longer for a sequel.
But it's also a good thing when earlier episodes are revisited to make the overall story a bit clearer or to eliminate any spelling mistakes (which is the most important thing for me personally. Any gross mistakes like mixing up pronouns immediately put me off the game and it gets deleted. Unfortunately, this is the case with almost 50% of all the games I play here).
So good luck and keep having fun developing the game

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I see this "updated". I'm actually like an update or two behind, but after reading about what's going on, I'm oddly fine with this getting remastered. While I do love the game, there was clearly some problems in the earlier sections and if the aim is to fix those, I'm all for it. Especially before the game gets any further. If you can fix something early, do it.

That said, it's a been a while since I played so I'll play the previously released content I missed first. All the way from the start. After that, I'll play the remaster and see what's been improved from it.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
huh, I downloaded both versions, Remastered v0.1.0 and Version 0.7.1, but I don't see any noticeable difference with the renders =/

were the new renders implemented into the old version or what? What am I missing here?

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Yeah, I saw the differences in dialogues, but not in images... so where are the new images? or aren't there any?

in that post you quoted the dev said " Chapter 01 was released, and the next day I was already creating the new images for Chapter 02", which is fine, but there's no mention of new images in ch1, are there any?

OBSignature

Sep 19, 2022

Hello everyone, dear supporters.
Finally, the Chapter 01 remake has been released, and this marks a significant personal achievement for me. I know I've said it countless times, but transforming Chapter 01 from what it was to what it is now makes everything much more meaningful.
Allow me to highlight some very important points that I would like everyone to understand. I've noticed many people praising the remastering, but on the other hand, criticizing the fact that this should have been done when the game was complete. However, I apologize folks, this is completely unfeasible in the case of W2H, and I'll explain everything to you, hoping you understand my perspective as a developer.
W2H started three years ago, and honestly, I had no idea what I was creating. I simply stumbled upon the program, generated some images like these below, and started writing the game's story.
My beloved supporters and players, I understand that progressing in the story is crucial, especially for players who just want to see what's coming next. Having to go back to the beginning and redo everything may not please some players, and I genuinely understand that. However, I apologize folks, but the game was terrible in its beginning. As I've said to some, it's just a game that you can get for free on any alternative site. But for me, it's my family's livelihood. It's not just a hobby; it's a job that I dedicate myself to and constantly study to always learn new things and bring the best content I can create. That's why I need to have a well-structured game.
And why am I doing this now instead of waiting for the game to be completed?
Firstly, it's much easier to have consistent episodes in the beginning to sustain the load of the upcoming story. To build a tall and stable building, you need a solid structure. Trying to build a building with a weak structure will result in collapse, and that's the best metaphor to understand the context of an AVN game and anything else you're creating. First, build a solid structure, and then plan the other floors one after the other, so you can build a massive skyscraper.
What I mean, my friends, is that W2H had no structure to support what was to come. Players who started in W2H had no idea what was happening since Chapter 01 itself explained nothing. You simply became a vampire with no knowledge of what was happening. Now, the range of information about your new life is fully explained in a light and easy-to-understand way.
Secondly, the W2H Remake doesn't involve years of work to be realized. Chapter 1 was completed in just over 2 months, and we only have Chapter 2 and a few things from Chapter 3 to redo now. I'm not redoing the whole game. Chapters 4, 5, 5.5, 6, and 7 are as I would like them, maybe some corrections in their dialogues, but they're very simple things. We're not talking about years of remaking; it's just two and a half chapters.
My friends, there are big plans for W2H. As I said, W2H is very similar to the story of 'The Legend of Vox Machina'. It also originated from RPG game campaigns I created decades ago, and there's a lot of story to be told. Currently, W2H has been programmed to have 4 seasons of 5 chapters, and we're still in Chapter 07. I can't just leave it to remake the game when we're at Chapter 20 and, with that, lose several players who gave up on the game because of its poorly structured and extremely low-quality beginning.
I apologize if I seemed rude; it's not my intention. I'm just trying to vent here and explain, from the developer's perspective, the importance of reworking the first two chapters and making changes to its code.
I'm always ready to listen to any comments and constructive criticism that can contribute to the better development of our game. Please, respect my work, which involves thousands of hours invested to create the best for all of you. Don't hesitate to comment and give feedback so I can keep improving.
Before ending this little vent, I would like to thank several supporters who have been with me for a long time and truly understand the importance of the work I've been doing for our game. These supporters have donated hundreds and even thousands of dollars so the game can continue to evolve, and I'm very grateful for that. I couldn't dedicate myself so much without the continuous support from you all. You're amazing.
Guys, I'm already working on Chapter 2 without pause. Chapter 01 was released, and the next day I was already creating the new images for Chapter 02. Let's finish this remake as soon as possible and return to our original schedule. Please, don't abandon me at this important moment. A big hug to everyone, and have an excellent week.

NoobPROGames
Well, I mean all of us wait for some new chapter of course. Don't warry, for my part I wait for a new chapter. You're story is deserves the wait. So, I appreciate your effort for the last upgrade of the game, pretty neat.

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
Yeah, I saw the differences in dialogues, but not in images... so where are the new images? or aren't there any?

in that post you quoted the dev said " Chapter 01 was released, and the next day I was already creating the new images for Chapter 02", which is fine, but there's no mention of new images in ch1, are there any?
I'm not 100% sure I think a lot had been reworked. I haven't played it yet figure I'm going to wait till remaster is done

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
I'm not 100% sure I think a lot had been reworked. I haven't played it yet figure I'm going to wait till remaster is done
Yeah, nevermind, my bad... the remade images start later in ch1... that's why I was confused... it's not right away, they start once you wake up after transforming, but the images are the same at the start, so I was a bit confused... but yes, there's new images and animations from what I could see.

Reactions: wookie ookie

Damien112

Jul 21, 2019
Not a fan of remasters of AVN's they tend to never progress fast enough for me to not utterly lose interest in the game as a whole, that said the dev gave a pretty solid reason for it so I am not irrevocably annoyed. I'm gonna wait until the 2 more chapters that are getting work done are remade then I'll replay it and if the work isn't worth the wait I'll probably drop this off my watch list.
Hopefully, the dev can finish the reworks relatively quickly because while I understand the need for a rework on the earlier chapters I'm also acutely aware of how impatient I am and a remaster might sap my interest in the game if it takes too long.

Reactions: indio68

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
I understand that progressing in the story is crucial, especially for players who just want to see what's coming next. Having to go back to the beginning and redo everything may not please some players, and I genuinely understand that. However, I apologize folks, but the game was terrible in its beginning.
Thats where you and most devs who do remakes are wrong, if a game starts terrible it doesnt get supporters and fans who want the story to progress, it only gets complains and snarky remarks from the asshole fraction.

Players who started in W2H had no idea what was happening since Chapter 01 itself explained nothing. You simply became a vampire with no knowledge of what was happening.
Thats exactly what made the story good. A clueless protagonist, thrown in the hidden society of what he thought were only myths or tales, looking for every information he can get, connecting the found dots to see the picture without someone holding his hand and telling everything, thats the charme of the first acts that kept me playing, thinking, analyzing and speculating...hell, multiple people discussed in lengh in this very topic about every information and what picture they build if you connect the dots...and now you say you want to scratch that? Sorry, but thats a downgrade in every possible sense and not an improvement.

Now, the range of information about your new life is fully explained in a light and easy-to-understand way.
In other words, you destoryed the fun part to ensure braindead fappers dont need to think...the only need for improvement was during/after the training because it sucks to play an mc with unknown skills and knowledge. Players who really play the games want to know what they can and cant do as mc, secrets and surprises are for everything and everyone else, not for the mc. MCs are meant to discover the secrets around them or live with them like a good ignorant drone/fool and suffer the consequences for their laziness.

I can't just leave it to remake the game when we're at Chapter 20 and, with that, lose several players who gave up on the game because of its poorly structured and extremely low-quality beginning.
So you prefer to lose the thinking fans and those without high end computers who suffer from stuttering slideshows during the videos instead to turn a rare brain stimulating gem into the same boring clickfest as most of the "games" without any proper immersion here? Then dont forget to make the twins saveable if you want to remove the depth of the game for your shallow fans or they will keep complaining -,-

Reactions: eonfow
3.60 star(s) 29 Votes