magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
I just downloaded and started the game to test it out.

Right after starting my security software blocked a suspicious file and moved it to quarantine.
Now it demands a reboot to finish up the removal of the remaining malware.

That software is usually correct and has not produced a "false positive" in well over a year.
It is possible it just did, though.
Are you by any chance using Panda Security?
And could you tell me what file it was that got flagged as suspicious?

Reactions: Ghostly

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
magicnuts
You know, you really don't have to seriously reply to every troll out here. Straight up waste of time.
If the game stays that popular or (hopefully) gets more popular, there will be several first-posters screaming "U 2 SLOW" on every new page. Most people understand that this level of quality clearly takes time.

Also a few pages back I've seen you essentially say that you'd take some days off over the holidays but work sundays to even that out. Can't find the exact quote right now.
Be careful with stuff like that. Burnout and writers block are very real things and this wouldn't be the first project with huge ambitions that let excessive demands bite its ass. I trust that you two are professional enough not to let that happen. I wanna see this game play out to the very end.
We're eager to get the game out as soon as we can. But you're right of course, and burnout is a real thing, and if we ever feel that we're overworking ourselves and need a break, we'll take a day off.

And yes, I want to play the 1.0 version one day!

Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
I just started the game but i wanna ask something are we gonna see 'Moms' in the game now or in future i'm really curious about that i would be happy if someone can tell me about that thanks.
Well, like they said. It's gonna be in the very last part of the story. Maybe epilogue. Our hero needs to practice a lot before banging all of his highly experienced moms, right?

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Are you by any chance using Panda Security?
And could you tell me what file it was that got flagged as suspicious?
Bullguard and the file in question is named "What-a-Legend.exe".

The felt 50 other RenPy games on my drive all work, only this one got flagged.

Reactions: magicnuts

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
burnout is a real thing, and if we ever feel that we're overworking ourselves and need a break, we'll take a day off.
Lol if you feel overworked take longer than a single day off. I mentioned this many pages back seeing as it's gone beyond 100 but treat the comments trying to rush you as compliments, it doesn't matter how trollish they are, it all just means they want more of what you are making.

jtc

Jul 1, 2017
This is hilariously untrue. RenPy games put their saves in the "game/saves" folder. Deleting the game folder will result in losing all your saves.
View attachment 924376
In order to bring your saves safely forward to the next version, unzip the next version to a different folder and copy the saves folder over.
Not true at all. :facepalm:

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Savegames ARE stored in the games subfolder.
That is true for EVERY RenPy game.

Only if savegames from different versions aren't compatible you can't move your save folder.
Well technically you can but it won't do you any good in that case ...

Arguing that something is wrong which EVERY player of ANY RenPy game can test and expose as untrue is ... unwise to say the least.

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Savegames are stored in a game subfolder AND in user/xxx/appdata/roaming/renpy.

If you delete the game folder and use a new version folder, renpy will recreate the save folder in the game folder with appdata stuff.

Reactions: moskyx

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Arguing that something is wrong which EVERY player of ANY RenPy game can test and expose as untrue is ... unwise to say the least.
Yeah, that's precisely the point. Ignorance is daring. An uninformed guy dared to dismiss (with some strong words) a correct comment made by an expert coder. Don't follow his steps; as you said, this is something every player can test by themselves

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Hi everybody.
Here's a summary of what we've done this week:

Chestnut:
Chestnut completed the sprite of this update's final antagonist. She is almost done with the main cutscenes as planned and should have Myrtle's material for the third quest ready by the end of this weekend.

Pistachio:
I had hoped to finish the third quest last weekend, but when going through the story, we weren't happy with some of the scenes and decided that several parts needed to be rewritten and reposed. Hence I have still not finished Myrtle's final quest. Chestnut has already created the art, and I have been working hard to try to catch up after the changes. I should (fingers crossed) finish the main quests of the game by this Monday.

Next week's plan:
Chestnut will be starting work on the sex scenes, preparing the layered base artworks for me to animate.
I will go through the game from the beginning, editing, and looking for bugs, inconsistencies, improvements, etc. I will also be writing down the art edits necessary so that Chestnut can work on them when she's done with the sex scenes.

That's all.
Have a great weekend
Cheers

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes