Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Pretty surprised to see that work on sex scenes art has not even started yet update is 75% complete already. I always thought that sex scenes art is the one thing that takes vast majority of artists time. Not sure how to feel about this. For me usual sprites and writing in this game make non-sexual content as enjoyable as it gets in lewd game and I would rather see time spent on cutscenes and stuff spent on sex scenes instead so we can have faster updates/more sexy stuff. But other people love cutscenes I guess. :unsure:

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
magicnuts, if it's not a sercret, would like to ask you:
1. Do you plan to expand your team in the near future?
As a fan of the game, this one is kinda 50/50 to me. It's obvious at this stage that drawing that gorgeous art causes a bottleneck in development, but I'm not sure whether it's going to be easy finding an artist able to match the style. Maybe if the team is expanded with a new artist, they could focus on backgrounds or something, where a slight inconsistency will have less impact than in drawing the characters.

Reactions: HogRocket

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I'm really excited to see what Simmone will look like. As we know she's Vil's (that was his name, right?) daughter and Vil is of course the current ruler of the old capital and Lana's brother and Serena's uncle... so I would assume Simmone will also be an elf or atleast a half elf.

I bet she's gonna look gorgeous as well unless Chestnut decides not to make her look that way. I said it before but I'll say it again: I really think Chestnut can't draw ugly characters unless it's on purpose like with Celestina's actual form.

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
magicnuts, if it's not a sercret, would like to ask you:
1. Do you plan to expand your team in the near future?
2. Do you have any ideas for other future games?
3. Are you working on something alongside this game with similar art? Comics perhaps?
Thanks.
Hi.
1. Expand the team, no (at least not in the near future). Commissioning artworks, perhaps. We're discussing it among ourselves, but we haven't come to a decision.
2. Not at the moment. Coming up with the world and the stories took some time, and we just want to focus on WaL and finish it before thinking about the next project.
3. Nope. No time.

Last edited:

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
Pretty surprised to see that work on sex scenes art has not even started yet update is 75% complete already. I always thought that sex scenes art is the one thing that takes vast majority of artists time. Not sure how to feel about this. For me usual sprites and writing in this game make non-sexual content as enjoyable as it gets in lewd game and I would rather see time spent on cutscenes and stuff spent on sex scenes instead so we can have faster updates/more sexy stuff. But other people love cutscenes I guess.
Chestnut has already sketched the sex scenes but has not colored them. The sex scenes don't take up too much time to draw because they --usually-- need one complex artwork. What takes most of our artist's time is finding a way to visually tell a good story and make sure that the sex feels earned. To do that, she needs to draw background art, sprites, sprite additions, and cutscenes.

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
As a fan of the game, this one is kinda 50/50 to me. It's obvious at this stage that drawing that gorgeous art causes a bottleneck in development, but I'm not sure whether it's going to be easy finding an artist able to match the style. Maybe if the team is expanded with a new artist, they could focus on backgrounds or something, where a slight inconsistency will have less impact than in drawing the characters.
Yes, consistency is essential. If we ever commission other artists, they will probably start with sketching background art and storyboarding, and Chestnut will be supervising everything.

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
I'm really excited to see what Simmone will look like. As we know she's Vil's (that was his name, right?) daughter and Vil is of course the current ruler of the old capital and Lana's brother and Serena's uncle... so I would assume Simmone will also be an elf or atleast a half elf.

I bet she's gonna look gorgeous as well unless Chestnut decides not to make her look that way. I said it before but I'll say it again: I really think Chestnut can't draw ugly characters unless it's on purpose like with Celestina's actual form.
Simmone will be a human because she is the daughter of Vil's friend: Lord Hammerdick. Vil himself is in the palace in the New Capital, and he put Lord Hammerdick in charge of the Old Capital after he took over the city.

Our plan is to have Simmone be very pretty and young. And Chestnut says 'thank you' for your kind words.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Simmone will be a human because she is the daughter of Vil's friend: Lord Hammerdick. Vil himself is in the palace in the New Capital, and he put Lord Hammerdick in charge of the Old Capital after he took over the city.

Our plan is to have Simmone be very pretty and young. And Chestnut says 'thank you' for your kind words.
That is awesome to know. It really is exciting that not only are the sexual aspects of the game amazing but the overall lore and the characters and their development is equally as interesting. Truly an outstanding game.

I'm sure you two have heard countless amounts of praise already but it really is that good. Keep up the good work, guys!

Reactions: magicnuts

Midgaanlok

Sep 16, 2020
Hey just finished your game and the artwork and the characters are awesome, the story, and the map, though mostly under development, shows great potential to be one of the best games in the next few years. I actually hate that I stumble on this game so early.
The only thing that kinda stands out, and this is absolutely just my personal opinion, and should bare no weight to your vision of game development, but maybe can be taken under consideration if that makes sense to you, is that sometimes characters' dialogues are having multiple letters in a word to emphasize on something that they said. Like for example, off the top of my head, almost every character will say things like "He issssssss" or "You areeeeee" or something akin to this effect. And that happens to a lots of characters, which I think might take away their agency a bit, like you might feel like you are having conversation with the same person instead of different people. Personally, I think that there are several ways to achieve the same effect, such as adding exclamation marks!!! Put the words in ALL CAPS, or put the words on bold. I think this could be an alternative way to convey emotions.

Ianuda

Nov 14, 2020
There will be both male and female dominations. It will depend more on the female character's personality. Some will already be more passive, some will like to be dominated, some will give a fight, and there are a few that will dominate the MC.
Does the game deserve the femdom tag at this point?

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
Hey just finished your game and the artwork and the characters are awesome, the story, and the map, though mostly under development, shows great potential to be one of the best games in the next few years. I actually hate that I stumble on this game so early.
The only thing that kinda stands out, and this is absolutely just my personal opinion, and should bare no weight to your vision of game development, but maybe can be taken under consideration if that makes sense to you, is that sometimes characters' dialogues are having multiple letters in a word to emphasize on something that they said. Like for example, off the top of my head, almost every character will say things like "He issssssss" or "You areeeeee" or something akin to this effect. And that happens to a lots of characters, which I think might take away their agency a bit, like you might feel like you are having conversation with the same person instead of different people. Personally, I think that there are several ways to achieve the same effect, such as adding exclamation marks!!! Put the words in ALL CAPS, or put the words on bold. I think this could be an alternative way to convey emotions.
Great point. Thanks. I have to go through the text and do some editing.

Does the game deserve the femdom tag at this point?
No, not at this point.

PhantomDebris

Dec 30, 2018
Thanks for choosing a different art style than the games usually seen. No disrespect to other devs, I understand that making different arts/designs for every game is time consuming and other problems like money etc.
But thanks anyway. Also, playing the game is pretty fun to play. Keep up the good work.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
magicnuts
You know, you really don't have to seriously reply to every troll out here. Straight up waste of time.
If the game stays that popular or (hopefully) gets more popular, there will be several first-posters screaming "U 2 SLOW" on every new page. Most people understand that this level of quality clearly takes time.

Also a few pages back I've seen you essentially say that you'd take some days off over the holidays but work sundays to even that out. Can't find the exact quote right now.
Be careful with stuff like that. Burnout and writers block are very real things and this wouldn't be the first project with huge ambitions that let excessive demands bite its ass. I trust that you two are professional enough not to let that happen. I wanna see this game play out to the very end.

Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
magicnuts
You know, you really don't have to seriously reply to every troll out here. Straight up waste of time.
If the game stays that popular or (hopefully) gets more popular, there will be several first-posters screaming "U 2 SLOW" on every new page. Most people understand that this level of quality clearly takes time.

Also a few pages back I've seen you essentially say that you'd take some days off over the holidays but work sundays to even that out. Can't find the exact quote right now.
Be careful with stuff like that. Burnout and writers block are very real things and this wouldn't be the first project with huge ambitions that let excessive demands bite its ass. I trust that you two are professional enough not to let that happen. I wanna see this game play out to the very end.
True. I truly hope magicnuts keep their time maintaining their outstanding arts, rather than replying those ungrateful pricks. Let us to deal with 'em. Keep doing great on your work.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I just downloaded and started the game to test it out.

Right after starting my security software blocked a suspicious file and moved it to quarantine.
Now it demands a reboot to finish up the removal of the remaining malware.

That software is usually correct and has not produced a "false positive" in well over a year.
It is possible it just did, though.

Alshainn

Mar 12, 2018
I just started the game but i wanna ask something are we gonna see 'Moms' in the game now or in future i'm really curious about that i would be happy if someone can tell me about that thanks.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes