denzile3

Dec 11, 2018
I'm not sad by the 0.6 polls at all regardless of who won. All girls are best girls lol. But um, may I ask when is 0.5 coming out? cuz I can't wait any longer :3

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
This character poll have to be the most Clutched i ever seen so far. badass drunk one eyed elf won by 1 vote of margin!!!
That's damn PogChamp right there!

denzile3

Dec 11, 2018
I've decided to play this game again, after my last playthrough on v0.2. In case you're wondering, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the game. I actually like it pretty much, I just didn't have the time to play it.

I have just a question: who is that awful person who asked the dev to change the first hidden photo? The original version was much much better IMHO. Good thing I noticed it in time and made a backup.
Mind sharing? So we can all see the difference? :D

Reactions: Sasori21

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Probably done in part because of Patreon rules to avoid a certain controversial fetish. I personally prefer the new version myself.
Patreon: *gets massively rich by being primarily a platform for sex workers and fetish artists to get paid*

Also Patreon: *immediately starts culling all of said sex workers and fetish artists now that we're no longer needed to build their platform for them*

• Sad
Reactions: darlic

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Patreon: *gets massively rich by being primarily a platform for sex workers and fetish artists to get paid*

Also Patreon: *immediately starts culling all of said sex workers and fetish artists now that we're no longer needed to build their platform for them*
They're just not permitting certain content and I don't see a problem with that, especially when said content is questionable artistically and would be illegal if applied in the real world. The overpopulation of incest games is still too much, even after those changes. And let's not kid ourselves, the majority developers only do it because it makes it easier to hide their abysmal writing and sell their product.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
They're just not permitting certain content and I don't see a problem with that, especially when said content is questionable artistically and would be illegal if applied in the real world.

If Patreon was just an InvisionFree board with like 30 people on it (god, does InvisionFree even still exist?) I'd agree with you, or if the content they were banning was like, racist hate speech or violent right-wing organizing.

But Patreon makes bank off of our labor, essentially by owning the servers and collecting rents on their use. Meanwhile, they have an iron grip on a huge platform that millions of creators rely on to make their living. A Patreon ban, for a lot of creators on the platform, literally means you're homeless now. Plus, if they'd strictly disalllowed NSFW stuff from the beginning, they would never have made it big as a platform in the first place. This is a pattern that repeats itself in this sector over and over and over: Get rich off of exploiting sex work, expand into non-sex work, then ban sex work once you can make more money without it.

And maybe you disagree with this, but it's my position that fetish art like hypnosis, transformation, teratophilia, etc. are not socially harmful, there's no reason to ban it except to get a better deal from the credit card companies.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Man this game gives Summertime a run for its money. Am loving the art and gameplay. My only worry is the sheer size of the map hints that this game won't finished for the next 6 years or so.
Just the girls and planned scenes that are currently there on the scene screen (not even counting Simmone) is probably 4-5 years of content. If their design document is for all of these cities to be as big and involved as the Old Capital, then this game is just never getting finished, ever.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I'm very happy that Rose won. It's also interesting that Gomira and Gretta which are some of my personal favourites as well, came in so close. I've mentioned before that I pretty much love all the women in the game but Rose, Gomira, Gretta and Madeline are probably the ones I'd like to see most. That being sad I'm never disappointed with whoever wins as all of them are awesome.

Looking forward to Lana and Simmone in the upcoming update first tho!

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Just the girls and planned scenes that are currently there on the scene screen (not even counting Simmone) is probably 4-5 years of content. If their design document is for all of these cities to be as big and involved as the Old Capital, then this game is just never getting finished, ever.
I mean WaL much like Summertime Saga is a game that could go on forever because there's always something that could be added. And yes, when looking at the actual world map of What a Legend we see that we've only scratched the surface of the total content it'll have one day. That makes me more excited than worried tho as Chestnut and Pistachio have done an incredible job so far and it's clear as day that they have a true passion for their game. I personally don't mind if this game will take many many years to finish as it's almost unrivaled in sheer quality and potential.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
I mean WaL much like Summertime Saga is a game that could go on forever because there's always something that could be added. And yes, when looking at the actual world map of What a Legend we see that we've only scratched the surface of the total content it'll have one day. That makes me more excited than worried tho as Chestnut and Pistachio have done an incredible job so far and it's clear as day that they have a true passion for their game. I personally don't mind if this game will take many many years to finish as it's almost unrivaled in sheer quality and potential.
I realize this is personal taste, but I'd rather see stories get finished and for creators to move on to new stories and new ideas rather than continue the same story with more and more expansions (and, inevitably, for the story to just never get an ending or to get an extremely rushed and unsatisfying one when the project can no longer be continued for external reasons).

Having a ridiculous amount of content in a game is one of those things that sounds great when you're just sitting there daydreaming about it but actually kinda sucks in practice: You get bored of what the game has to offer before the game runs out.

EDIT: Also, I don't wanna sound like I'm hating on this game, I'm not, it's quite good. I'm interested in seeing where it goes, especially if we get to cuck Hammerdick by fucking his wife. (We already have Gretta, who's married to Waldo, so more netori content is plausibly on the table, even if my other fetishes are unlikely to be indulged.)

Last edited:

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I realize this is personal taste, but I'd rather see stories get finished and for creators to move on to new stories and new ideas rather than continue the same story with more and more expansions (and, inevitably, for the story to just never get an ending or to get an extremely rushed and unsatisfying one when the project can no longer be continued for external reasons).

Having a ridiculous amount of content in a game is one of those things that sounds great when you're just sitting there daydreaming about it but actually kinda sucks in practice: You get bored of what the game has to offer before the game runs out.
I can only speak for myself when I say that I enjoy big sandbox games with buttloads of content the most but I get that some others might prefer a compact story. WaL mostly consists of smaller quests that form the big picture (again, much like in Summertime Saga). Speaking of Summertime Saga, the actual main story questline is finished now but the game still continues with character focused updates which I think is really nice and I can imagine WaL will take the same or a similar route.

Sandbox games in general are often more focused on freedom and being able to do what you want and whenever you want which I really appreciate. If you prefer a tightly told story you might wanna switch over to Visual Novels and see if that's more your thing (tho I'm sure you already did play atleast a few VN's).

Cheers~

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I'd agree that there's a point when some games with small casts and very linear or boring stories overstay their welcome, but I think the main problem here is that quite a few devs tend to produce somewhat similar games with similar characters. ICSTOR for example basically created like 4 times the same game (while none of them feelt really finished) and that's arguably even worse than having the actual variety and depth combined in one single game.

And as mentioned above, sandboxes have a lot more room and potential to accommodate content, because a dev can simply add new stories, characters, etc. in a credible way and expand the existing game without having to create a new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: sogetthis

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
Also am I the only one excited to find out about what will happen to the cute foxes?

Dev has confirmed that they won't be any sort of foxgirls, so for the foreseeable future they will just remain a cute little piece of side art Chestnut was inspired to draw one day. Unless they become part of a quest somehow that is.

denzile3

Dec 11, 2018
Dev has confirmed that they won't be any sort of foxgirls, so for the foreseeable future they will just remain a cute little piece of side art Chestnut was inspired to draw one day. Unless they become part of a quest somehow that is.
I just wanna pet them, not fuck em. lool.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes