catalyst44

Nov 8, 2019
I hope this game doesn't go the Summertime saga route with the story, because the story is actually interesting and I'm legit (also) playing to find out what happens next

jokuur

May 23, 2019
Great artwork. We need more drawn games; it's refreshing after all these Daz3D clones.
yeah i know the reason for this, every game i supported that was drawn like this, the artist wanted out of project in middle process, what will developers do then when they lost original artist and cannot find similar one? leave artstyle that was already made making it awkward or replace the whole art with new one?

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
will there be more women added because by seeing the size of map it looks like

most of current characters are from village only
Yes. None of the towns you see on the world map will be empty of characters.

That seems rather short considering all those locked areas on the map..
The current main story is one quest arising from a situation (i.e., being sent on a mission by Serena). We would like to have more quests that are similarly centered around a situation and are resolved over several updates (in addition to character-focused side-quests). But these are all our current plans, of course, and by the time we get there, we might have different ideas.

Will Simmone's mother also be added to the game's future updates?
Yes. If a character is named or referenced, then she/he will appear.

Love this game so far! Is there any plans for the "Moantower" in Deepwood?
Yup. We do have a few plans for that building.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
I'm also surprised that WaL will take the Summertime Saga route with its story only being one of many quests. I honestly really like that tho as it means that the game will remain "open" as in being an open world sandbox while still getting more and more content that can be added down the road. I much prefer this approach over the regular case where you beat the story of a game but aren't able to continue playing afterwards.
I disagree with that sentiment, as the main story is the crux of any game. Once you do finish it, all you have is a sandbox, which isn't bad per se, but for some people there will be less incentive to come back. For me personally, without a specific main goal, the narrative would a bit aimless. Luckily it sounds they have something different in mind.

The current main story is one quest arising from a situation (i.e., being sent on a mission by Serena). We would like to have more quests that are similarly centered around a situation and are resolved over several updates (in addition to character-focused side-quests). But these are all our current plans, of course, and by the time we get there, we might have different ideas.
I'm glad to hear that there will be other general story quests, separate from the character side quests. You should probably avoid saying you're finishing the 'main story', because it might leave the wrong impression. One question I have is if those main quests will happen one after the other like chapters, or if they can be active concurrently once implemented ?

Reactions: Ranma and magicnuts

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I disagree with that sentiment, as the main story is the crux of any game. Once you do finish it, all you have is a sandbox, which isn't bad per se, but for some people there will be less incentive to come back. For me personally, without a specific main goal, the narrative would a bit aimless. Luckily it sounds they have something different in mind.

I'm glad to hear that there will be other general story quests, separate from the character side quests. You should probably avoid saying you're finishing the 'main story', because it might leave the wrong impression. One question I have is if those main quests will happen one after the other like chapters, or if they can be active concurrently once implemented ?
I'm guessing they won't collide. First main story would be entering the city and helping Lady Mad regain control over the Old Capital in order to attend Serena's help request. But Serena's main goal is to defeat her uncle and become the queen, and I guess the MC will keep playing an important role in this (while exploring new map locations). So those main stories I'm picturing can only run one after each other, not in parallel. You shouldn't be able to choose "Mission: defeat Uncle Vil" if you haven't meet Madeline yet in "Mission 1: Enter the Old Capital", game wouldn't make sense otherwise

Last edited:

Omniel

Jun 28, 2017
Yes. None of the towns you see on the world map will be empty of characters.

Yes. If a character is named or referenced, then she/he will appear.
Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I have one more question as you have said more characters will be added to the games to fill out the map and also if she/he is mentioned they will appear. So is there any possibility that all the female characters will get at least 1-2 H-scene in the future besides the main female characters? :)

Also, I want to really show my appreciation for the art drawn by Chestnut, being a designer myself I can't help but get excited when I see techniques she used in making the art and how she made all the female bodies and various backgrounds and all the colors she used. :D
Since I don't know any way to directly tell this to her, So please convey my appreciation and all the compliments to her.
Best of luck to both of you, Cheers.

Reactions: magicnuts

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
I'm guessing they won't collide. First main story would be entering the city and helping Lady Mad regain control over the Old Capital in order to attend Serena's help request. But Serena's maing goal is to defeat her uncle and become the queen, and I guess the MC will keep playing an important role in this (while exploring new map locations). So those main stories I'm picturing can only run one after each other, not in parallel. You shouldn't be able to choose "Mission: defeat Uncle Vil" if you haven't meet Madeline yet in "Mission 1: Enter the Old Capital", game wouldn't make sense otherwise
It's what I'm thinking as well, just wanted to make sure. If that is indeed the case then it would be a better sell to refer to it as end of Chapter 1 for example. That way it's less confusing and doesn't give the impression that the main story is a short one.

Reactions: moskyx

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
It's what I'm thinking as well, just wanted to make sure. If that is indeed the case then it would be a better sell to refer to it as end of Chapter 1 for example. That way it's less confusing and doesn't give the impression that the main story is a short one.
Yeah, at first I was a bit shocked too, then thought they may be talking only about this first part

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
As I've mentioned before I really wouldn't mind if the story was done rather quickly, with it only being one of many quests and the player diving back into the world to explore other parts of the incredibly huge map. Tho I do like the idea of the story being divided into different parts as some above me have mentioned. So the whole 'getting into the city and bringing Madeline back on the throne' plot would merely be the first arc of the grand story which of course is Serena becoming Queen.

I think this type of storytelling would be quite nice and it could be done in a way where the story still takes us to every place on the map naturally because maybe Serena would need support from other rulers all over the kingdom to be crowned Queen for example.

I feel pretty comfortable with Chestnut's and Pistachio's ability to write a story tho so I'm not worried at all that they'll do just fine as they always do.

Can't wait for v5.0 and what the future holds for this gem of a game.

Cheers~

pyxiesarereal

May 8, 2021
As I've mentioned before I really wouldn't mind if the story was done rather quickly, with it only being one of many quests and the player diving back into the world to explore other parts of the incredibly huge map. Tho I do like the idea of the story being divided into different parts as some above me have mentioned. So the whole 'getting into the city and bringing Madeline back on the throne' plot would merely be the first arc of the grand story which of course is Serena becoming Queen.

I think this type of storytelling would be quite nice and it could be done in a way where the story still takes us to every place on the map naturally because maybe Serena would need support from other rulers all over the kingdom to be crowned Queen for example.

I feel pretty comfortable with Chestnut's and Pistachio's ability to write a story tho so I'm not worried at all that they'll do just fine as they always do.

Can't wait for v5.0 and what the future holds for this gem of a game.

Cheers~
I like your idea about traveling around to find more help.

I think it would be interesting that at some point if the MC went down the pyie path far enough he would auto shrink and you have different options for pyxie sex, or maybe she grows while he is there and then she wouldn't get blasted by cum shot.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020

I think it would be interesting that at some point if the MC went down the pyie path far enough he would auto shrink and you have different options for pyxie sex, or maybe she grows while he is there and then she wouldn't get blasted by cum shot.
It would be really cool to have Maple as a human-sized pixie for a quest and have her taste a bit of human life while disguised as a normal woman (with the MC getting a heart stroke every time her wings start to slip off the disguise)

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

Speaking of Pixie Sex, I have to admit, I was amused the the scene in Long Live the Princess, when MC shrunk down to Belle's size and he came in her. When his returned to normal size, so did his semen, turning Belle into a bottle rocket.

• Haha
Reactions: EJW

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Speaking of Pixie Sex, I have to admit, I was amused the the scene in Long Live the Princess, when MC shrunk down to Belle's size and he came in her. When his returned to normal size, so did his semen, turning Belle into a bottle rocket.
That's basically Maple's scene in WaL! :unsure:

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
One question I have is if those main quests will happen one after the other like chapters, or if they can be active concurrently once implemented ?
No. You probably won't be able to do the main quests simultaneously and will have to finish one before starting the other (ideally, the end of one will lead to the beginning of the other). But you guys need to bear in mind that these are just ideas we have right now based on notes that often change during the planning phase of each release. The only thing that I can speak of with some degree of certainty is the next update.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I have one more question as you have said more characters will be added to the games to fill out the map and also if she/he is mentioned they will appear. So is there any possibility that all the female characters will get at least 1-2 H-scene in the future besides the main female characters?

Also, I want to really show my appreciation for the art drawn by Chestnut, being a designer myself I can't help but get excited when I see techniques she used in making the art and how she made all the female bodies and various backgrounds and all the colors she used.
Since I don't know any way to directly tell this to her, So please convey my appreciation and all the compliments to her.
Best of luck to both of you, Cheers.
I won't say all, but the majority of them will have scenes. And thank you for your kind words about Chestnut.

Jerent

Mar 10, 2018

Unlocked

Hi everybody.
First of all, thank you to everyone who commented on last week's report or sent us messages, expressing the wish that we don't crunch and keep taking Sundays off. We appreciate all the kindness and promise you that we're going to take care of our health, and whenever we feel we need a break, we will take it.
A second topic about which we have received several messages and questions is the Main Story. Some members were surprised that we said it might be concluded in three more updates, and so we want to make a few clarifications and answer some of the questions:
  • Originally, we planned to have the MC travel all over the world to finish the Main Story. But after combining the main quest with Lana's progression in 0.5 (and the fact that we think it sort of works), we thought we could adopt a similar approach for the remaining updates of this main quest and instead of focusing on all of the new locations, try to reach a satisfactory end while unlocking scenes and advancing in relationship with the other two characters linked to it (i.e., Madeline and Serena).
  • We still want the MC to travel all over the world, but we thought we could keep some of those locations for additional quests that expand over several updates (similar to the Main Story) and deal with additional problems/situations that occur after the conclusion of the current quest.
  • On reflection, it was a bit premature to make that announcement because 1) we don't know if you will like the approach we have taken for 0.5. Perhaps you guys won't like how Lana's relationship progresses through the Main Story (i.e., entering the city and rescuing Madeline). 2) Lana's progression syncs well with the Main Story of 0.5, but the same may not be true for Madeline or Serena (regardless of our notes right now). 3) we want the game's Main Story to feel epic, and perhaps after we start planning the future content, we see that limiting it to three more updates doesn't transmit the feeling we're looking for.
  • For us, keeping a high quality is our number one priority. We've worked too hard on this game to mess it up or rush it. The idea was to create more opportunities for creative quests (after the current main story is over), but if we see things don't work, we'll take whatever approach is best for the game.
  • We cannot really speak with confidence of the content of any update until after the planning phase of that release (about a week into development - to see an example of the 0.4 plan, visit ). Because even though we have loads of notes and story ideas, they are just that, ideas.
Anyhow, I hope that has cleared some of the doubts and if you've got more questions, feel free to ask them in a comment or send us a message here or on Discord.

Now to the weekly report:
Chestnut:
Chestnut worked on three new cutscenes and finished several earlier ones that were missing elements. She also colored a new background in the village and created a few new expressions for Lana, which were needed for posing.

Pistachio:
I added a new sprite and spent the rest of the week posing scenes with Lana. There was a small change in one of the scenes that required additional dialogues to be written, and we did change the code a little for one of the events to be more sand-boxy. I'm about halfway with posing all of Lana's scenes and then what's left is the sex stuff and background animations.

Next week's plan:
Chestnut has many cutscenes to work on and backgrounds to finish, which will occupy her next week. I have used the sketched backgrounds in the game as placeholders, but she will need to finish coloring them so that we get a better sense of the world the MC traverses.
I will focus entirely on posing new scenes, and hopefully, by the end of the next week, I can start posing scenes with the new male supporting character.

That's all we have for this week.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020

Unlocked

Hi everybody.
First of all, thank you to everyone who commented on last week's report or sent us messages, expressing the wish that we don't crunch and keep taking Sundays off. We appreciate all the kindness and promise you that we're going to take care of our health, and whenever we feel we need a break, we will take it.
A second topic about which we have received several messages and questions is the Main Story. Some members were surprised that we said it might be concluded in three more updates, and so we want to make a few clarifications and answer some of the questions:
  • Originally, we planned to have the MC travel all over the world to finish the Main Story. But after combining the main quest with Lana's progression in 0.5 (and the fact that we think it sort of works), we thought we could adopt a similar approach for the remaining updates of this main quest and instead of focusing on all of the new locations, try to reach a satisfactory end while unlocking scenes and advancing in relationship with the other two characters linked to it (i.e., Madeline and Serena).
  • We still want the MC to travel all over the world, but we thought we could keep some of those locations for additional quests that expand over several updates (similar to the Main Story) and deal with additional problems/situations that occur after the conclusion of the current quest.
  • On reflection, it was a bit premature to make that announcement because 1) we don't know if you will like the approach we have taken for 0.5. Perhaps you guys won't like how Lana's relationship progresses through the Main Story (i.e., entering the city and rescuing Madeline). 2) Lana's progression syncs well with the Main Story of 0.5, but the same may not be true for Madeline or Serena (regardless of our notes right now). 3) we want the game's Main Story to feel epic, and perhaps after we start planning the future content, we see that limiting it to three more updates doesn't transmit the feeling we're looking for.
  • For us, keeping a high quality is our number one priority. We've worked too hard on this game to mess it up or rush it. The idea was to create more opportunities for creative quests (after the current main story is over), but if we see things don't work, we'll take whatever approach is best for the game.
  • We cannot really speak with confidence of the content of any update until after the planning phase of that release (about a week into development - to see an example of the 0.4 plan, visit ). Because even though we have loads of notes and story ideas, they are just that, ideas.
Well, one doesn't exclude the other. You can make the MC to travel the whole world in the main quest without any problems, but still design complex, creative quests everywhere, which then extend over several locations. Every now and then it's not bad at all to get lost in detail before going to the next location.

I am writing a series of books myself. Of course, it has a planned, tight core, just like a good game. And in the course of work i also create characters. And there I always have good ideas for dialogues and events about what i can make of them. And of course these spice up the story immensely. An evolution always takes place here. Many book chapters become more than originally planned, this way. That doesn't change the story, it just makes it livelier and more interesting.

And so it can work in your game too. There is no need to wipe away from the original plan. Just put your heart and soul into your business, then it will work too. :cool:

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes