destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
View attachment 1195454

Hi everybody.
I hope you're all doing well. It is exactly three months since our last release, and I think we owe you a more thorough overview of where we are and what we're doing.
First of all, I honestly wish that we were more advanced than we are. When we did 0.4, I kept telling myself that I don't want each release to take this long, but despite all our attempts, here we are. The 0.4 took as long as it did because although it had a simple three-quest structure, it contained many cutscenes and dialogues; 0.5 requires more artworks than Myrtle's story, but that doesn't necessarily translate into more content because 0.5 tries to do more things; in particular:
  • Advance the Main Story
  • Expand the explorable areas of the map
  • Complete Lana's story
  • Have a decent introductory quest for Simmone (similar to Maple's, i.e., there will be a sex scene that makes sense)
I think what we're working on does achieve the above, helped by the fact that Lana enjoys sex and has a bit of chemistry with the MC already, and her problems are interwoven with the main plot. We are working around the clock to finish this release as soon as possible, and to do that, we intend to work on Sundays as well (until the release of 0.5), and you can expect the daily progress tracker to be updated seven days a week. Hopefully, you'll like the end result.
On a separate but related note, we have planned the whole of the Main Story, and I think we will need three more updates -- in addition to this one -- to finish it: with Madeline's scenes, with Serena's scenes, and the grand finale.
Anyhow, we thought you guys who have supported us these months ought to know how we're going and what to expect, and having done that, now to the weekly report:

Chestnut:
Chestnut worked on several cutscenes and locations and tried to complete a few unfinished scenes that I needed for the posing.

Pistachio:
I spent most of my time posing scenes from Lana's part in the update and worked on unlocking a new bed and location. Several of the convos are coded and ready, and we have more backgrounds that we can explore.

Next week's plan:
Chestnut wants to finish cutscenes that are almost done but are missing a few elements, and she wants to focus the rest of her time on new scenes.
I wanted to add a new sprite last week, but I didn't have the time. That's what I'm going to do next week, and for the rest of my time, it will be almost entirely focused on posing the dialogues.

That's all!
Have a great weekend
Cheers
Considering how absolutely massive the main map seems, that's surprisingly quick for the main story. And that's good, tbh.

triple_aaa

May 29, 2020
I wonder why people don't go to the threads of games which have their favorite fetishes and demand better art, but either complain or insist that every game with good art and gameplay cater to them.
Because they try to guilt trip the devs into inserting their weird/disturbing fetish that the majority of the backers dont even want. Good thing the devs here don't give in to their demands.

Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
You could always just introduce a new quest once the first one is completed. Just like any adventure game, once the main story is done, the players move on to the next harder adventure. With that mindset, you could keep something like this game going for years.
Exactly. And by looking at What a Legend! maps, i'm pretty sure there's gonna be a lot of content to expect.

Omniel

Jun 28, 2017
View attachment 1195454

Hi everybody.
I hope you're all doing well. It is exactly three months since our last release, and I think we owe you a more thorough overview of where we are and what we're doing.
First of all, I honestly wish that we were more advanced than we are. When we did 0.4, I kept telling myself that I don't want each release to take this long, but despite all our attempts, here we are. The 0.4 took as long as it did because although it had a simple three-quest structure, it contained many cutscenes and dialogues; 0.5 requires more artworks than Myrtle's story, but that doesn't necessarily translate into more content because 0.5 tries to do more things; in particular:
  • Advance the Main Story
  • Expand the explorable areas of the map
  • Complete Lana's story
  • Have a decent introductory quest for Simmone (similar to Maple's, i.e., there will be a sex scene that makes sense)
I think what we're working on does achieve the above, helped by the fact that Lana enjoys sex and has a bit of chemistry with the MC already, and her problems are interwoven with the main plot. We are working around the clock to finish this release as soon as possible, and to do that, we intend to work on Sundays as well (until the release of 0.5), and you can expect the daily progress tracker to be updated seven days a week. Hopefully, you'll like the end result.
On a separate but related note, we have planned the whole of the Main Story, and I think we will need three more updates -- in addition to this one -- to finish it: with Madeline's scenes, with Serena's scenes, and the grand finale.
Anyhow, we thought you guys who have supported us these months ought to know how we're going and what to expect, and having done that, now to the weekly report:

Chestnut:
Chestnut worked on several cutscenes and locations and tried to complete a few unfinished scenes that I needed for the posing.

Pistachio:
I spent most of my time posing scenes from Lana's part in the update and worked on unlocking a new bed and location. Several of the convos are coded and ready, and we have more backgrounds that we can explore.

Next week's plan:
Chestnut wants to finish cutscenes that are almost done but are missing a few elements, and she wants to focus the rest of her time on new scenes.
I wanted to add a new sprite last week, but I didn't have the time. That's what I'm going to do next week, and for the rest of my time, it will be almost entirely focused on posing the dialogues.

That's all!
Have a great weekend
Cheers
Will Simmone's mother also be added to the game's future updates?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ranma

BroodZeo

Oct 18, 2020
Simmone is the daughter, the wife is yet to be named unless I'm mistaken.
No I don't think so you know when Lord Hammerdick comes at Myrtle asking for the wood he sees the MC sized dildo and asks Myrtle to let him and have one. I am also pretty sure he says something "This will keep my wife Simmone happy" or something like that.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
No I don't think so you know when Lord Hammerdick comes at Myrtle asking for the wood he sees the MC sized dildo and asks Myrtle to let him and have one. I am also pretty sure he says something "This will keep my wife Simmone happy" or something like that.
No, you're wrong. Simmone is his daughter as Lana says when explaining her plan to enter the city

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I'm really surprised that Lana's story will apparently be completed in the upcoming update even tho she didn't get an update for herself and v5.0 is supposed to be story focused. But it's nice if Chestnut and Pistachio can kill two birds with one stone. I just hope Lana's content won't seem rushed and/or lacking in content.

I'm also surprised that WaL will take the Summertime Saga route with its story only being one of many quests. I honestly really like that tho as it means that the game will remain "open" as in being an open world sandbox while still getting more and more content that can be added down the road. I much prefer this approach over the regular case where you beat the story of a game but aren't able to continue playing afterwards.

I can't seem to stop praising this game and I really absolutely love it and can't wait for it to expand with time.

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hopefully Lady Hammerdick never becomes a love interest. Gretta is saddled with a husband who doesn't deserve her, but it sounds like Lord and Lady Hammerdick are made for each other.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes