butt247

Jan 13, 2021
I played this game months ago and really liked it. It is one of the best games in the site by all aspects. Came back to see if there was a new update. Is v 0.5 released yet?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Maou_

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
magicnuts a suggestion: instead of having a main quest that will probably end at most in one year and then lots and lots of sidequests, what about having smaller main quests per game area to help advance the story overall?

Each circled area would have a 'main quest' as if the game had 6 parts instead of being a whole thing. Players would be allowed to return to 'finished' areas and interact with characters there as usual.
The area in brown is the current one.
1621725250282.png

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
magicnuts a suggestion: instead of having a main quest that will probably end at most in one year and then lots and lots of sidequests, what about having smaller main quests per game area to help advance the story overall?

Each circled area would have a 'main quest' as if the game had 6 parts instead of being a whole thing. Players would be allowed to return to 'finished' areas and interact with characters there as usual.
The area in brown is the current one.
View attachment 1207629
Waaaait a minute. Now I realize the map kind of looks like Westeros. With a big icy mountain up north, green area in the middle and deserts in the south. And the current capitol is on the east coast as well. Hmmmmmm.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: sexypeanut

Viressa

May 24, 2018
To be fair 99% of fantasy worlds have icy mountains up north, deserts in the south, and a green area in the middle.
And the 1% that don't are worlds focused on the southern hemisphere like Thedas or Eora, which reverse the pattern north-to-south.

As for the report, I actually think it's good to keep the scope of the main quest restrained: I've expressed my preference before for stories that keep things tight and focused rather than meandering sandboxes that are never finished. I would honestly almost be perfectly satisfied if the current "stable" of girls was all there was and no new ones were added. My only regret would be missing out on Simone's mom, but I could live with it.

Still, I'm having a hard time imagining a main quest structure where we get all of Lana's content, then all of Madeleine's content, then all of Serana's content, in order, in an organic and natural fashion.

But ultimately, I can't really give a proper developmental critique of their intended story without reading their notes for what they have planned, and the writing has proven to be quite competent thus far, so I'll just have to trust they know what they're doing with this better than I do.

Reactions: robbiej691

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Its also s'what happens when people realise that planets don't have single biome but are actually a mix of them.

Reactions: sexypeanut

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Its also s'what happens when people realise that planets don't have single biome but are actually a mix of them.
Biomes can be positioned differently, mixed and so on. I thought it was eerily close to Westeros because:
a) The shape of the continent is very close, being more vertically spread out rather than horizontally
b) Biomes are in the exact same order
c) The northern mountains form a sort of a frozen wall with a plain behind it
d) Certain locations around the map match up, especially the location of the New Capital

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Biomes can be positioned differently, mixed and so on. I thought it was eerily close to Westeros because:
a) The shape of the continent is very close, being more vertically spread out rather than horizontally
b) Biomes are in the exact same order
c) The northern mountains form a sort of a frozen wall with a plain behind it
d) Certain locations around the map match up, especially the location of the New Capital
Did I mention anything about the location of the biomes? All I said was that it was a mix of them, rather than some settings which seem to thing "One world, one biome".

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes